brickmasterben11

[GBW-CP4]-Refnor-Ambush in the City

STUDICA F4

We moved into the city of Carrefour under the cover of night. By the next day we had 2 troops in an abandoned apartment building across from part of the city park, while Roger was on top of a convenience store and I was hiding beside it. 

24172784038_43593f1ef5.jpg

The other 2 hunkered in the apartment building with an injured civilian, while our medic tended to him. We had dispatched a small 2 man team to assist ODA 401's troops elsewhere in the city, so we were anxious to receive news on their operation. It was around noon when we heard a single jeep with a small militia on board. They probably were going to assist other troops in the city. Roger fired a shot and took out the driver in one shot. 

37315654394_916d2c0dac.jpg

24172782338_1eff188f78.jpg

The infantry scrambled to help the driver, and the bazooka handler readied, looking for the sniper. 

24172783478_95f5f4ff28.jpg

Another shot, this time from the apartment building took him out. 

24172785018_5c78c51c49.jpg

The other trooper jumped out of the truck and ran towards the apartment building, but I jumped out and wiped him. 

38024677881_cc7e7534da.jpg

38024678531_cfcaca986a.jpg

38024678921_cf9a811779.jpg

Roger climbed down and we went into the apartment building to check on the other men.

The civilian was told to wait here while we waited for a transport to take him to a safe place as we waited for a word from the 2-man team.

38024681011_c2837be8b2.jpg

Thank you for viewing and please judge this build. (Sorry for some bad pictures, I was a bit rushed with schoolwork and other things.)

BONUS PICTURE:

24172794388_d0484bb11d.jpg

JEEP: (A modified jeep from what came in the Black Panther Pursuit set.)

37971115186_98676be83d.jpg

BUILD PICS:

26248804689_ab06eea91c.jpg

38024684971_fcf8af00c6.jpg

Edited by brickmasterben11

Well, it is not a bad building, but I think you should work on your photography skills.

Lighting ! Lighting ! Lighting ! Just do more light and the MOC will turn better !

After, there is some little improvement I should suggest here, make 1 or 2 windows on your flat. No problem it is a little flat of the Favelas suburb ! It's sqared and not very solid, ok ! But a window would transform it IMO.

photography is not so difficult. Even I, I had bad lighting and bad pics. I finally finished with better pics when accentuated just a thing : the light (and I still need to better my photography skills)

Well, that's a good effort.

• Pros: the use of original LEGO pieces only, the minifig posing, the use of a civilian hiding, nice perspective in most photos, the modified jeep
  • Cons: the low light photoshooting contitions. Even if it is difficult to use natural light (I have that problem too in some phjotoshootings) try to use some flashlights. Or move the build under a desk lamp. But...schoolwork first!
  • Hightlight: The "family shot" in front of the statue
  • Suggestion: Try to expand the surface of the build so to be able both to show the details but to give the proper light too

You’ve been awarded (5) points.

Judges’ comments…

Your build is really not bad. The story is easy enough to follow and your minifigs are posed in some interesting ways. The thing that really killed you here is your presentation (which you seem to be aware of). Go to Walmart and get yourself one of those Architect Lamps. They are a life saver for taking photos in a small place. Additionally, your buildings could use a little bit of detailing to make them pop a little more.        

You have the right idea, but much more details are needed. Nice Statue. Please try to use more light for taking pictures    

A quality story, which is always appreciated. The build is nice, too. What hurt your score a bit is the photography. There are basic tutorials on lighting, camera settings, etc. that could really help with the presentation, and basic, free editing software can really improve the image. Your build has some good features, but even with a limited supply I think you could add some more small, random parts to represent rubble. 

Be Sure to Update Your AARs. 

Thanks for playing!