French Man

GBW - CP4 - Deland Republic - We have a problem!

GBW - Campaign 4

RON Operation Battle for Carrefour

Card grid: Studica F4

The Operation Team of Division 7, The Deland Republic :

Following the events that were preparing before the battle of Carrefour, the Deland Republic decided to send by one of the two amphibious assault ships, a company of Marines and an armored cavalry company and a detached group of 6 helicopters (3 are Tiger type combat helicopter), to support his Briolui ally.

The company Delta of the 2nd battalion of the 5th Marine Regiment was ordered to prepare an ambush in the industrial part of the city of Carrefour (south / west) to prevent any escape of COAC armies.

Lieutenant Thomas's reconnaissance group is the most advanced part of the device. According to orders, he established a small point of resistance with an 81mm mortar, bazooka shooters hidden in a building and his LSV3 Scout Car.

37979836842_6214767929_b.jpgGBW_CP4 Battle of Carrefour 1 by French-Man, sur Flickr

37990683172_ec4624d461_b.jpgGBW_CP4 Battle of Carrefour 2 by French-Man, sur Flickr

37312148744_d39abea247_b.jpgGBW_CP4 Batlle of Carrefour 3 by French-Man, sur Flickr

24171018118_67c76ae499_b.jpgGBW_CP4 Battle of Carrefour 7 by French-Man, sur Flickr

Lt. Thomas calls the state of command commanding the area of operation with the new radio sat comm:

37967973976_6316d253df_b.jpgGBW_CP4 Battle of Carrefour 4 by French-Man, sur Flickr

"Alpha1, Delta2 here, you receive me?"
"Delta2, Alpha1 here, we get you 5 out of 5, to you"

24171173918_f6e413e80c_b.jpgGBW_CP4 Battle of Carrefour 8 by French-Man, sur Flickr

"Alpha1, Delta2 here, we have a problem, my gunner has spotted enemies 2500m from our positions, they are more than expected with tanks and IFVs, I request air support, I repeat, I request air support , to you"

37990777732_2a49e5e70f_b.jpgGBW_CP4 Battle of Carrefour 5 by French-Man, sur Flickr

"Delta2, Alpha1 here, well received, we send a Tiger helicopter, it will be on zone in 15 minutes, stay close, over"
"Well received Alpha1, thank you, over"

37968014726_f61526e69a_b.jpgGBW_CP4 Battle of Carrefour 6 by French-Man, sur Flickr

This is my entry for Campaign 4 coordinated with RON tactics

Very Nice for a first build with us. I'm unsure if I had the chance to officially welcome you prior, but Welcome!

Good entry for a first diorama !

I am happy to see our Deland marines in action and the vehicle is nicely done !

I would just have used more tiles and perhaps cheese slopes on top of the ruined building to make it a little bit smoother, but that's just me nitpicking...

overall, it's a good job ! :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Faladrin said:

I would just have used more tiles and perhaps cheese slopes on top of the ruined building to make it a little bit smoother, but that's just me nitpicking..

It's my opinion too, but I sold out my stock of bricks :sceptic:

• Pros: The minifig posing, the building,  the overall battle mess feeling, the vechicle, the machine gun on the vechicle, the LAW rockets, the broken glasses in the window
  • Cons: It is easy to discern the road from the pavement, but you could make more work on it - but as you said, you were out of bricks
  • Hightlight: The radio with the cable 
  • Suggestion: The officer is goot to be behind a cover when talks to the radio. He is towards to enemy, easy to get a shot

You’ve been awarded (6) points.

Judges’ comments…

Not bad for a first build. You've done a good job on your building and in detailing your vehicle. The two things that stand out for me are the brick built machine gun on the vehicle and the cable for the radio. The build could have benefitted from a little bit more structured detailing, namely on the building. I did dock you a point with my score as it is unclear to me whether or not you exhibited how your build tied in with other builds.         

Nice build,some more details please, a little bit more light and a nuetral background for taking pictures woudl be great.    

Very nice build. The vehicle looks particularly nice, and you’ve shown how you can really create a convincing battle with limited bricks. Details are everywhere in this build, which just makes it that much more convincing. One suggestion is to get a solid white sheet or poster board for your background. It look much more professional this way, and helps keep the focus on the build.  

Be Sure to Update Your AARs. 

Thanks for playing!