Peppermint_M

Contest: Elves Autumn Animals

Elvesbanner

As the nights draw in and the weather gets cooler, all the little critters are off to find somewhere cosy to hide out the cold weather. Elvendale's animals are no different! From their elven friends or with their own two paws, the animal inhabitants have somewhere to call home for Winter. But just what sorts of dens do the have? That is up to you!

In an 8x8 sized space, create a cosy hide-away for your favourite Elvendale critter and you are in with a chance of winning cool prizes.

First Place:

Image result for lego elves magazine

The most recent copy of the Elves Magazine with two cute animal friends for free! Also first choice of a new set of Elves Tags for your Eurobricks profile.

elves-air.pngelves-earth.pngelves-medallion.pngelves-fire.pngelves-water.png

Second and Third place win their choice of these new tags.

The all important rules are below!

• One entry per member.
  • Entries should be no larger than 8x8 studs. Reasonable overhang (foliage etc) is allowed but within sensible limits.
  • Entries should be new (never posted anywhere previously).
  • You do not have to include an animal, but they will be appreciated.
  • All entries are to include only real LEGO. No clone brands, 3rd party parts, or digital entries allowed.
  • Decals will be allowed if you've made them yourself, but no cutting, sculpting or modifying parts.
  • Entries are to be placed in their own entry topic in the Action and AdventureThemes forum. The title of the topic should begin with "[Autumn Animals]" and then give the name of the entry.
  • The entry post (first post in your entry topic) may be edited at any time up to the end of the contest, so feel free to make improvements if you wish.
  • Entries are to consist of no more than 3 posted pictures of 1024x768 pixels or smaller resolution but may also include a link to a folder of additional images of any size. The first picture will be used for your entry in the voting thread.
  • Photos of your creation can be manipulated with Photoshop for levels, proportions and colour correction but may not include graphic enhancements.
  • We reserve the right to disqualify any entry that does not follow these rules.
  • Winners will be decided by public vote

The Contest Ends on November 30th at 23:59 GMT (Wrap those animals up warm for winter!)

So, get building and have fun! :dsweet:

Definitely thinking about entering this! I haven't had a lot of time or energy for MOCing this past semester at college, but an 8x8 Elves vignette definitely seems doable!

Question: By an 8x8-sized space, does that refer to the model as a whole or just its footprint? For instance, if a model included a tree or foliage that extended past the boundaries of the 8x8 base, would it still qualify?

Answers

7 hours ago, Vorkosigan said:

are the baby dragons considered "animals" for this contest? 

Yes indeed, a tiny dragon's lair is perfect for the contest.

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

if a model included a tree or foliage that extended past the boundaries of the 8x8 base, would it still qualify?

In the rules, I did mention that overhang from reasonable foliage was acceptable. The build covers an 8x8 space only. A huge tree with an 8x8 trunk would extend far past the boundaries set, but an 8x8 with a tree on it would be ok.

reading posts, I have a question - what is the age limit to become member of Eurobricks? 18+? AFOLs only, or are kids aloowed two (7-12)

I really can;t tell the age when I read questions, once I was substituing a second grade, and the feeling is similar... anyhow - the contest - a jewel :)

Perfect way to show creativity, with a such a lovely subject - caring for animals. Somehow, I always connect with love for ecology, so the subject is stop on. Even not being my cup of tea, I am going to build something and join the contest :)

4 hours ago, LosLEGOs said:

This is a great contest, but I have no Elvendale critter, can I participate?

I think that your query has already been answered.

On 28/10/2017 at 9:28 PM, Peppermint_M said:

You do not have to include an animal, but they will be appreciated.

On 30/10/2017 at 8:23 AM, Peppermint_M said:

Regular animals are okay, but the build still needs to fit into the Elves theme.

Yep! If it looks like the build belongs in Elvendale, fit for a critter to cosy up in, then you can enter. Regular LEGO animals, older LEGO animals, Friends Animals or no animal at all, you are free to enter. 

7 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

Yep! If it looks like the build belongs in Elvendale, fit for a critter to cosy up in, then you can enter. Regular LEGO animals, older LEGO animals, Friends Animals or no animal at all, you are free to enter. 

Thank you.

Another question, is it acceptable to have 2 views of a MOC within one picture? This is what I have done in my entry so far but I will edit if it is not allowed: 

Thanks! 

On 05/11/2017 at 11:25 PM, Vorkosigan said:

Another question, is it acceptable to have 2 views of a MOC within one picture? This is what I have done in my entry so far but I will edit if it is not allowed:

It looks fine and if no one objects then no problem. 

23 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Hi, just wanted to know if a goblin is considered an 'Elvendale critter'? :)

I am not 100% on that, as they are not exactly an animal. 

On ‎18‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:14 PM, Peppermint_M said:

I am not 100% on that, as they are not exactly an animal. 

Ok thank you :) I hope I have time to put together an entry before the competition closes - Elves animals are so cute :)