sigpro

GBW- CP4 EROTEMA – The Death Corner

Grid STUDICA F4

Carrefour is a major town in Briolui. It has an underground network and big parks. And that´s why this area is important for the COAC war efforts. This area is closed to the dockyards, where FILACE troops are trying to stand against the RON attacks. The other end of the park limits with the favelas, where PLANTASEA troops also stand against the enemy. And the underground network is important, as NEW BRICKIKA infantry move to encircle the enemy.

This image depicts a T corner, with a big park in the bottom. A restaurant, “The Bistro au Parc”, in the upper right and a hardware & tools shop, “Carrefour tools and more” in the upper left complete the scenery. There is also an underground entry gate.

The initial combats left the street somehow damaged: no traffic lights, the park fences and gate broken and a mailbox in the middle of the lane. Also a tree was cut…

37284309634_7b0c7dc576_c.jpg1 by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

A lonely German shepherd with a camera on his back appears. An abandoned dog? No way! That´s an awful crime! Instead, he is searching for the enemy. The camera has a small transmitter so his handler can know what he sees. His excellent smell sense would make him sit to show the position of any explosive devices.

37284309894_ba7b5d556c_c.jpg2 by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

The dog keeps on inspecting the area.

37963278162_87b028a8c7_c.jpg3 by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

37963281172_84eac34481_c.jpg4 by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

The handler and another soldier appears. The area should be secure for them.

37284311074_666aa45fc3_c.jpg5 by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

A small section has taken the hardware & tools shop and goes to the roof. The dogs takes a rest and three soldiers will raise the alarm in case the enemy appears. The section leader gives instructions…

-We must make our stronghold here. We must make sure the enemy can´t go through this area. We will fortify this building and prevent the enemy from getting to the underground network. As far as I know, the underground line here connects with the other side of the town, where our allies of Plantasea are defending in the favelas. I don´t remember the name of their unit…well, the enemy CANT ambush them from behind. We must also prevent the RON troops from ambushing New Brickika troops in the tunnel.

-Sir, will we have any CAS?

-Yes, the callsign is TIZONA. García and Fernández, you will inspect the restaurant and make it unusable for the enemy. Pérez and Hernández, you will see what we have in the warehouse and take advantage of what we have. The rest of us, let´s prepare for the defense…

-Yes, Sir!

37963284442_2cab2fc68c_c.jpg6 by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

García and Fernández went to the restaurant. They entered by the door which was closer to the shop. Two lobsters were inside a cauldron, with a lot of kitchenware on the floor…

-Hell, if we survive I can cook these lobsters. I went to MasterChef before entering the Army!

-Haha! Good idea!

37940218886_8ac7aaa49e_c.jpg8 by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

Pérez and Hernández inspected the warehouse and the main floor. A lot of interesting stuff was left after the evacuation.

-Wow, this is the bloody treasure chest!

-Yes, and the warehouse has sand, empty sandbags and what we need to make obstacles!

37993328351_4612b27ce5_c.jpg7 by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

After working very hard, the building was fortified with sandbags, barbed wire and more.

37993329731_051e87f4f2_c.jpg9 by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

The underground gate was secured too. They could even build other obstacles and the dog stayed on the street and awaiting for the enemy. However, García and Fernández hadn´t left the restaurant, as it took a lot of time to secure the underground gate.

37993330611_343042a325_c.jpg10 by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

The enemy appeared walking through the park and by the street. As instructed, the Erotema troops decided not open fire until the enemy were very close…

37284314394_20a99207e4_c.jpg11 by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

37284315054_160166bd8f_c.jpg12 by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

37940223616_91a84d108b_c.jpg13 by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

But the dog was the first to score. Maybe this dog is not the best friend of this man…

26217557769_2d8dc4f47f_c.jpg14 by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

Making his buddy to leave towards the park.

24142268708_ff091d68df_c.jpg15 by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

The Erotema troops, maybe more accurate than a drunken Jawa, took their first target.

26217558739_6390f41995_c.jpg16 by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

But the enemy got closer…

26217559279_954d90ebbe_c.jpg17 by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

From the other side of the street, García and Fernández tried to ambush the enemy. The gate had to be safe from the RON troops, as they could ambush COAC troops underground (New Brickika), or go behind the COAC lines (Plantasea).

37284317874_d2f89a8936_c.jpg18 by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

The RON troops tried to return fire.

37284318524_c72aa7237c_c.jpg19 by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

And knowing the gate had to be taken to escape and ambush COAC troops inside the underground network, they tried to swarm it…

37284319014_bec9b7489e_c.jpg20 by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

But the death buzz of a PICARÓN CAS aircraft, callsign TIZONA, en route to help the Plighian allies, was heared.

37284319304_75995ef587_c.jpg21 by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

And that plane really scored…a lot. 4 .50 machine guns give a powerful punch.

Really, a very powerful punch. And the next enemy would have to face 12 125-kg bombs and 6 anti-tank missiles…

The only surviving RON soldier tried to escape…running for his life.

37993324311_797b2018b0_c.jpg22 by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

37963276632_218f0d2051_c.jpg23 by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

Great corner !

I would just be nitpicking by saying I find it too wide, and so, I feel the neighbourhood a little bit empty. Perhaps Adding one or two ruined vehicles or so on the road would have helped.

The plane is also a bit too much I think... We were asked to illustrated city close combats, I think you've managed to illustrate your fight quite well, the plane was not needed at all IMO.

Great job ! The buildings are nice and the action is perfectly followed ! A great entry ! :thumbup:

Bonsoir et merci pour le feedback!

Thanks for the feedback. The plane was something I decided to share with the other players as an element of coordination; in the end, @ODA401 decided to request my CAS, so I depicted it.

I agree that the build is big, but as decided by the rest of the players, the area of the city had that structure.

Very good story! I like the tactical thinking. And the idea of a light ground attack plane...

- the  airplane is a little bit bulky. Maybe use the perspective and built a micro airplane?
- as always: Pls more details more eye-candy. But I know time and bricks arer limited....

Good job overall!

Hi!

The airplane can be more slender in the tail, I agree with you. But the tail was very time-consuming. I will post pictures about the inner part.

Details...yes, but my brain and my parts, maybe I could have added lights in the street (or the remains). I also considered building a small truck, but I had to prepare the pics in advance and couldn´t use it...

Thanks!

You’ve been awarded (8) points.

Judges’ comments…

VERY CLEAN. I Like this one a lot due to the initial deserted mood it gives off and then seeing the squad round up on the roof was pretty cool. The build is very clean and I can appreciate that; though a little bit more detail in some parts would have complimented things beautifully. Great Job!        

Very nice story. Some more details and a little more light would have made it perfect.     

I was underwhelmed at first, but a closer look really sold me on this build. The streets are nicely done, though I would love to see some more details along the sidewalks as they look freshly paved and too perfect (no cracks, lights, trash ,etc.) but the details in the park are great. The buildings also look really great, and I was pleasantly surprised to see the interior. One of my favorite shots has to be the second picture. Just really great way to show the calm before the storm.   

Be Sure to Update Your AARs. 

Thanks for playing!