Sign in to follow this  
Darnok

[COR FB] A contest of plants - Part I

"Mornin' Mordo, since when do we run around like posh Eslandians? What is wrong with the good ol' red?"

eZapXOH.jpg

"Sheesh Joe, what a friendly greeting again. There is no law stating I have to wear red 24/7, and you know it! Now if we could get back to business: as you can see we have two new plantations up and running."

brk41Ot.jpg

"Two? Why is that? I have never seen these plants anyway. Mordo, what is this craziness?"

"Sheesh Joe, you are quite the buzzkill. Remember when Lady Mesabi went after that rumoured super-sweet plant? She did not find it, and is now occupied with something else. Some red flowers or so, you know the ladies.

Anyway, I decided to do it the Corlander way instead, by trial and error. So we now have these two plantations, a big experiment so to speak. Here on the right we have a field of the so-called Agave."

On6cPvU.jpg

Spoiler

CbxiZBo.jpg

Xnw9Oag.jpg

"As you can see, not exactly a small plant!"

k2lADuY.jpg

"We will harvest them soon, and will test their sweetness. A comparison with the plant from over there will show us whether the rumours are true at all, and which plant is the one in question."

===========================================================================================================

This is the first of two 32x32 builds - i.e. two small plantations - with a small "connection build". This one is a small Agave plantation, the other one can be found here. Both will be licensed in Mesabi Landing.

One of them has to be this rumoured "sweetest fruit", and I will find out which one it is!

If you are interested in the Agave build, I have made a few "build instruction" pictures:

Spoiler

All parts needed for one Agave:

cghxQAG.jpg

Building the "stem":

VRf8438.jpg

Adding the "leaves":

5c1vfY3.jpg

Size comparison with a minifig:

j7iwHWE.jpg

Edited by Drunknok

Very nice build. I like your Agaves! I'm not sure if I'll use it, but it's probably better than mine. 

Nce call back to my story. And thank you for building in Mesabi Landing!

10 minutes ago, Mesabi said:

Very nice build. I like your Agaves! I'm not sure if I'll use it, but it's probably better than mine.

Funny detail about Agaves: google "Lego Agave", and one of the first results will be the Lego bush. A much easier "build" than mine, but just as appropriate.

Edited by Drunknok

17 minutes ago, Brickwolf said:

Nice plantation!:thumbup:  Next a Mezcal destillery?

There were no plans to do so previously, but now that I have read about it... maybe. @Mesabi : another exotic beverage to export? :pir-grin:

Edited by Drunknok

Great plantations, I really like the way you have done the agave plants. When I was considering how to build agave I had thought to use this part, but I don't have very many and I think yours probably look better than any combo using that spike! Great job!

Nice plantation! I like the plants and the effect of  dark tan plates on tan plates.

Thank you for the instructions. I have a few of those green pieces... so I might will copy loan steal it. :laugh: