This is my version of the iconic Rebel Alliance A-Wing as seen in Return of the Jedi. I have all the official Lego versions but have never been happy with their overall design of such an iconic ship (though the figure selection with each set has been outstanding). I went for a more "beat-up" sort of "used", "it's been a few fights" sort of color scheme, swapping out some of the white plates for a variety of colors to give her the idea that the Rebel Techs have had to scrounge for parts to keep her flying. For display purposes I had to use my display stand I built for my TIE Interceptor as my A-Wing is heavy and not balanced (she's rear heavy). I also wanted to finish this MOC up before The Last Jedi comes out as there are versions of the A-Wing in that movie as well which ultimately means I'll be building another A-Wing MOC at some point once more reference material is obtained.

I'm not totally satisfied with the landing gear arrangement, so at some point I'm going to redesign how the skids are attached/deployed to the underside.

Comments as always are welcome.

24135205148_040f86cc43_z.jpgA-Wing by gcanik, on Flickr

37933403686_24169a5a0a.jpgA-Wing by gcanik, on Flickr

37933404736_28397810fc.jpgA-Wing by gcanik, on Flickr

24135204348_cd2b4dfcf9.jpgA-Wing by gcanik, on Flickr