KDog

Lego: Space - The Comic

27 minutes ago, Ninja_Bait said:

"Meanwhile, back in space..."

Yeah, it doesn't get better than that!

I did that for you. ;-)

This is really intriguing...  I always thought the Cthulhu plot was just a fun background element.  Is it actually going to tie in with everything else eventually?  (already trying to connect the dots with the UFO's and Commander Dash and the time travel)

On 8/27/2018 at 9:17 AM, Ninja_Bait said:

This is really intriguing...  I always thought the Cthulhu plot was just a fun background element.  Is it actually going to tie in with everything else eventually?  (already trying to connect the dots with the UFO's and Commander Dash and the time travel)

Almost every plot thread I introduce in the comic (unless I've forgotten about it) ties into a larger storyline. They may not all be connected, but all involve some of the main characters in different ways. There are a handful of main stories that I've been serving out in tiny pieces for years. Lord willing, if I one day complete the comic, I want long-time readers to feel they've been rewarded for paying attention. I'd say the storylines that I'm closest to bringing to a head - although it'll still be awhile - are Jenny and Dash.

There was a run on the Toys'R'Uses near me (New York Metro area) as soon as the bankruptcy was announced.  Nary a brick of LEGO was left on a shelf!  Even the display models had "Sold" stickers on them.  I never felt nostalgic about TRU but stopped in a couple, hoping to find some good deals.  Instead, there were just teeming vultures, picking the bones clean.  It kind of disturbed me that few of us had cared to shop there until it was giving up its last breaths.

I bought nothing.

5 hours ago, Ninja_Bait said:

There was a run on the Toys'R'Uses near me (New York Metro area) as soon as the bankruptcy was announced.  Nary a brick of LEGO was left on a shelf!  Even the display models had "Sold" stickers on them.  I never felt nostalgic about TRU but stopped in a couple, hoping to find some good deals.  Instead, there were just teeming vultures, picking the bones clean.  It kind of disturbed me that few of us had cared to shop there until it was giving up its last breaths.

I bought nothing.

To be fair, Toys "R" Us did not have great prices. I can't really blame people. Wal-Mart has much better deals on LEGO. While there were still LEGO sets on the final trip to my hometown store depicted in these comics, the stores closer to my current residence sold out of LEGO awhile before the final closing. Honestly, I wish I could have gotten a deal on that Pirates of the Caribbean Silent Mary glimpsed in the latest comic, but it was only like 10 percent off when I spotted it. Probably for the best; little room for such an enormous set! But I did purchase the exclusive minifigure set containing the hippie and sailor that I used in "All Hail the Thunderbird!"

4 hours ago, Ninja_Bait said:

Schwartz sure has it good in this one... But no one tell Valkyrie!

Uh oh, I did buy a Wonder Woman!

3 hours ago, Ninja_Bait said:

New site works for me, though the new layout is missing the character list!

Thanks. I deleted the character list, although I'll probably add that feature back in a different format at some point.