KDog

Lego: Space - The Comic

I certainly didn't expect this! This was one of the first webcomics I ever read and followed, glad to see more of it.

... Heh, and there's a few posts of mine from 2013 on the previous page. I don't remember writing those.

3 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

Well...this is unexpected, to say the least. Welcome back!

Thanks, BrickJagger! Feels like home. :-)

Just started reading this from the beginning and I am already enjoying it hugely. I can't wait to get caught up!

27 minutes ago, astroknight said:

Just started reading this from the beginning and I am already enjoying it hugely. I can't wait to get caught up!

I know it's a lot to read - nearly 500 pages! - but I'm thrilled you're enjoying it.

17 hours ago, Artanis I said:

If only I knew what champagne music was

It's bubbly, inoffensive, saccharine and mind-numbing. Here's an example: 

Edited by KDog

That is b&w Disney movie stuff your grandma listens to all day, except without the horrendous early gramophone (inconsistent speed, no bass, no treble) sound...

Could you imagine, a monument to 21C Earth culture being Justin Bieber or something

It's so true, Captain; we all become cranky old people who think the younger generations are just awful. lol I've started to notice it in myself already.

Artanis, the funny thing about music like that is a lot of people seem to flock to some form of it once they get to a certain age. I don't know what happens to us. The Lawrence Welk Show is ancient, but it still airs regularly! The original audience is likely mostly gone, so it's getting viewers from somewhere. Seriously, Welk died in 1992 and there's actually an episode guide for the 2016-17 season: http://www.oeta.tv/watch/welk/

I'm well-versed in Lawrence Welk because my grandfather would always want to watch it when I visited him on Sundays. (He lived to be 99.) Just like Schwartz, I was appalled at the mere thought of that kind of television show but developed this kind of secret fascination for it. The offbeat appearance of Welk in this comic is actually more of a tribute to the show and to my pop.