KDog

Lego: Space - The Comic

Those episodes´re simply great, and I´m pretty curious to see more.... especially

about that dark mystery going on with Captain Dash.... but the overall conception

of the story line, including the new Ice Planet part, really works out very well. *y*

Thanks, zero.

Now, don't get me wrong. I love Blacktron II. But I thought it would be interesting and fitting to present Blacktron I as the "golden age" of Blacktron that is now about gone, except for a few pilots who keep up the tradition, and Blacktron II aiming to be something else. It's also because, much to my surprise when looking back, actually, there aren't that many Blacktron I models, only six. I used to think it was a bigger theme, maybe partly because the Blacktron I pilots also showed up in Space Police, but it was a pretty small theme. I also don't own its two biggest sets, the Renegade and the Message-Intercept Base (Boy, do I want that base...). Blacktron II had about twice as many sets. Along with some of the vehicles, I have the Blacktron II base, which really beefs up the Blacktron II faction with plenty of minifigs, a large ship, and two small vehicles. The base is awesome, although not as massive and impressive as the Blacktron I base. Basically, it's easier to present Blacktron II as dominant just because there's more of it, and I own more of it. I've only got three of the six Blacktron I sets. (Well, four if you count a second Invader) I have to admit, though, I like Blacktron I better. Aside from the Invader, I think Blacktron II actually had better vehicles, but there's no beating the original Blacktron minifigs and the overall color scheme of the theme.

In my opinion, Blacktron I and Blakctron II were separate "agencies", at least that is how I see it. Although they are allies in my little lego universe, joining up to spy on the Futurons, space police and Ice planetarians, who are allied to one another themselves. So really I see it as Blacktrons (I and II) vs everyone else really, with the Blacktrons going on raids and spying on the Futuron and Ice planet forces, with the space police intercepting them at times.

It is interesting seeing some else's perspective on Lego space, I never really thought of it like that, although I do still anticipate the next comic!

Oh and lets not get started on the UFO and insectoids.... *wacko* !

I just discovered I'm not the only Lego Space comic in town! I found this other one called Tranquility Base that's hilarious, brainy and shows off some Lego sets I wish I had! Check it out!

Tranquility Base

http://www.tranquilitybasecomic.co.uk/index.html

Heh, looks like you have competition!!

Thanks for sharing this comic.

The cool thing is that I could see both comics existing in the same universe.

Lord of Pies, I like your idea about Blacktron. I went with the idea that Star Trek used, that new costumes and designs were integrated as time went on. And I think Lego sometimes called Blacktron II "The Next Generation." Besides, having them both be the same faction increases Blacktron's forces, which makes them a formiddable force I can use.

Another good issue, it seems Valkrie is fighting a losing battle in this one!

Great comic KDog, I love the story so far, a lot of scenes had me laughing. I can't wait to see how Valkrie , Galanos and other threads tie in. Great work so far, you've certainly rekindled my love for space!

And chance that my favourite theme, Insectoids, might make a visit? X-D

To the Batbrick Cave! >:-)

In due time, Batbrick. Thanks. :) I have at least one set of each space theme, so they should all be represented at some point.

The final part of "Last Knight," featuring Blacktron, has been posted. Next up, after name-dropping them a couple of times, M:Tron!

http://www.drunkduck.com/Lego_Space/index.php?p=379280

P.S. As I shot the pix for the next storyline, I realized that three out of my five M:Tron minifigs have cracks on the back of their arms. Is this a common problem? Maybe there was something wrong with the plastic Lego used when making those parts that year?

Gotta watch out for those science nerds when they get sauced!

I slipped one of my own Lego creations into this comic. While I sometimes like to make modern versions of classic Lego Space sets, this time I made a Futuron version of a Star Wars set. Can you spot it? :)

Anyway, tune in for "M:Tron Bar Brawl Mania XVI (Part 1)":

http://www.drunkduck.com/Lego_Space/?p=380592

That may be the best one so far. I love how they pick a fight with the Roboforce dude. X-D

That may be the best one so far. I love how they pick a fight with the Roboforce dude. X-D

Thanks, because I think this is my favorite one so far. And I think it gets better in the next comic. :) And those first two M:Tron guys don't last long against the Roboforce guy, lol.

It seems like awhile since the last update, but I still did three comics this week. It's just that the first two were up on Sunday and Monday, and this is up on Saturday. Today's comic was longer than usual and took awhile to do!

M:Tron Bar Brawl Mania XVI (Part 2)

http://www.drunkduck.com/Lego_Space/?p=382713

Somehow M-trons are the last people I expect in a bar brawl! I liked the black motorcycle, I mean rocket cycle, scene, very Schwarz like!

Another great issue, and of course Rabid alpha canines ON!

Somehow M-trons are the last people I expect in a bar brawl! I liked the black motorcycle, I mean rocket cycle, scene, very Schwarz like!

I thought M:Tron being the last you'd expect would make it funnier. But there is official photo evidence that M:Tron can be a rough and rowdy bunch. Look at this image:

1992-2.jpg.

LOL, they're surrounding two terrified Blacktron guys and brandishing wrenches, as the Space Police arrive just in the nick of time to break it up.

And when I saw that black motorcycle, which I forgot I had, in my parts bin, I knew Schwartz had to have it. And that it needed rocket boosters.

Nice again! :'-) But I still think, different heads would give each one more personality. :-P :-D