KDog

Lego: Space - The Comic

And I thought I was the only one who compulsively saved those plastic widgets!

Well, so did I :-)

But at some point in, not only TLC stopped using them, but I stopped keeping them as well :-D

Part 3 of "30 Years" has been posted.

http://www.drunkduck.com/Lego_Space/?p=371742

Just to warn you, this storyline doesn't continue next week. As this is the second time I've left something hanging in suspense, you might be worried. But I assure you, all these threads will pull together soon enough.

Part 3 of "30 Years" has been posted.

http://www.drunkduck.com/Lego_Space/?p=371742

Just to warn you, this storyline doesn't continue next week. As this is the second time I've left something hanging in suspense, you might be worried. But I assure you, all these threads will pull together soon enough.

The suspense is killing me here!

Another great episode, very funny, I always look forward to your comics, so keep up the good work! *y*

The suspense is killing me here!

Another great episode, very funny, I always look forward to your comics, so keep up the good work! *y*

Thanks Lord of Pies! If it's both suspenseful and funny, then mission accomplished.

Thanks Lord of Pies! If it's both suspenseful and funny, then mission accomplished.

It is indeed, especially the 30 years comic, it makes me want to bid pointlessly on every classic space set I see on E-bay and make my own comic. *wacko*

Edited by Lord Of Pies

It is indeed, especially the 30 years comic, it makes me want to bid pointlessly on every classic space set I see on E-bay and make my own comic. *wacko*

LOL, uh oh, I hate to be responsible for the draining of bank accounts. It is a fun kind of comic to do, I can assure you. It would be a massive ego stroke if, after I've been creating the comic for awhile, there's a larger than usual demand for the Gamma V and the AERO-Module sets. ;-)

I actually just finished Sunday's comic strip and I'm fighting the temptation to post it now. Although they don't appear in the first comic of the storyline, I'll give you a two-word hint of what it's about... Ice Planet.

New week, new storyline! In this comic, our heroes set off on a voyage to the Ice Planet. Which brings about a question I'm hoping you can answer. I'm pretty sure that somewhere in Lego literature, the Ice Planet was given an actual name, but I can't remember what it was or find it. I'd like to use the name in the comics, so please let me know what it is if you know it. Anyway, here's Icy Relations (Part 1):

http://www.drunkduck.com/Lego_Space/?p=371894

This whole comic came about because I discovered that some people were confused by the final panel in "Shootin' the Solar Breeze (Part 3)." The punchline gag was that Schwartz gets sick from drinking too much and pukes in Galanos' helmet. But the way I shot the picture, it looks like the ship is flying and the helmet flew back and hit Schwartz in the face. Which is kind of funny, too. What also didn't help is that I removed the canopy of the AERO-Module in some shots so you could see the characters within. It's creative license, as my intent is that the canopy is still on and the ship is airtight, even if it doesn't look it with or without the canopy attached. So, it raised the question of whether Galanos could breathe in space without his helmet, which wasn't meant to be an issue. While I made the ending of the previous comic clear in this strip, I of course still took pictures of the ships with open or removed windshields. I hope people just get used to that. In the end, this comic became the intro to a three-comic storyline I already had planned. And I think the whole story will be better with this comic as the opener.

LOL, uh oh, I hate to be responsible for the draining of bank accounts.

Heh, I have resisted the urge so far. :-D

As for an actual name for the Ice planet I did not realize one existed, I will attempt (and fail! :-P) to find out. I always liked Ice planet even if the colours were a bit odd, but at least we got a female MF for once!

I found the latest comic amusing as ever, my favourite line has to be: "Them what did you do?". Very funny! You also raised the point about the opened canopies, but I did not even think about it, and to make a comic using spaceships whilst still being able to see the minifigs is hard so some sacrifices have to be made. (Such as oxygen! :-D )

Eh, who needs oxygen? Let me know if you find the name of the Ice Planet. Someone mentioned in another forum that it was something like Krypto... sounds close to what I remember, even if it's also the name of Superman's dog!

Anyway, in today's comic, our heroes get a warm welcome to the Ice Planet:

http://www.drunkduck.com/Lego_Space/?p=374098

This has to be your funniest yet. :blacksmylielaughing: :blacksmylielaughing:

Good job! *y*

Edited by zero1312

Thanks, Zero. In the next comic, you'll learn what exactly Galanos did to piss off the Ice Queen.

Eh, who needs oxygen? Let me know if you find the name of the Ice Planet. Someone mentioned in another forum that it was something like Krypto... sounds close to what I remember, even if it's also the name of Superman's dog!

Anyway, in today's comic, our heroes get a warm welcome to the Ice Planet:

http://www.drunkduck.com/Lego_Space/?p=374098

Yeah, I'm almost certain it's Krypto. I remember seeing something like that on one of the boxes. I can verify it next weekend when I go to my parents' place (my old Lego boxes are stored there).

They started including short blurbs on the boxes of larger sets from around 1992, at least for the US versions. The descriptions always ended with something to the effect of "only you, the Lego maniac, can decide what happens." *sweet*

I like the use of the white carpet for the terrain in that comic.

Edited by CP5670

I think the name was actually Krysto, as the U.K name for for the Odyssey is "Ice Station Krysto", so maybe that's it, the UK name for the Ice Tunnelator is "Krysto Ranger". Kinda snazzy names actually.

Anyway, a very funny comic yet again, nice to see that they are all happy families! :-D

Now that I think about it again, you may be right. I guess my memory sucks. :-P I'll find out for sure in a few days.

Now that I think about it again, you may be right. I guess my memory sucks. :-P I'll find out for sure in a few days.

I think that you will find that it is referred to as Krysto when looking at the inside flap of the box, though it is good to be sure.

Thanks for looking into this. Krysto is probably what it is, especially since Krypto might have caused some copyright issues for Lego.

BTW, the icy surface is represented by a fluffy, white bath towel. :)

Thanks, Zero. In the next comic, you'll learn what exactly Galanos did to piss off the Ice Queen.

Cool, can't wait!! X-D

Cool, can't wait!! X-D

Me neither, I look forward to the next issue, I have not seen many space comics before on the internets, so they are a first for me.

Man, that's one sick woman!!! :blacksmylielaughing:

Edited by zero1312

Another funny comic, I look forward to the Blacktron one, my favourite theme! :wink:

This is a very very nice comic! Haha, it's give me a very good laugh :wink:

Look forward to your updates!

Man, that's one sick woman!!! :blacksmylielaughing:

I think this is a case where I failed a bit in presenting my intentions, either through my own presentation or the inability of the minifigs to change expression. In the final panel, the Ice Babe, in my mind, is looking up rather wistfully at space as she says she took the assignment to get as far away from Galanos as possible. I intended it to suggest that there was more to their relationship than it might have appeared, that their break-up must have actually been pretty bad, and that she might still have feelings for him. As the feedback I've received here and elsewhere is about what a horror she is, I guess my intent didn't come across, lol. I could have had her say something more to that effect, or I could have had Galanos do more than gloss over the story of their break-up. Ah well, I'll try better next time. :) I'm glad that you guys seemed entertained, regardless.