Bricks Feeder

[MOC] TIE Fighter (STARWARS REBELS Design)

Hello Guys ! 

I show you my MOC of the TIE Fighter with the STARWARS REBELS Design. I'm inspired by the awesome "TIE Fighters short film" on YouTube too. I'm trying to be the more "accurate" I can! 

I'm proud of my cockpit design which has a very good shape! :) I regret just a small space between the canopy and the rest of the cockpit. Moreover, the panels ("wings") are relatively heavy for the structure. The consequence is this creation is NOT for playing! Because the structure is a little bit too fragile for that!

If you are interested, I sell the building instructions (PDF + Partlist.xls) 5 euros. I have to finish these instructions.

My instructions are not free to help me a little to continue to build other things and to "protect" my work... I hope you understand.

My website : https://bricksfeeder.wixsite.com/bricksfeeder

On Rebrickable : https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-10510/BricksFeeder/tie-fighter-starwars-rebels-design/#comments

UPDATE (30/10/2017) : 

With RUSTINIDIEL, we found a way to improve the strength of the structure. Now, You can grab the TIE By the cockpit (not by just one wing) and put in on the air and different positions. BUT be careful ! You still have to take it  not as a brute or too quickly. This TIE is still made for dioramas, or collection (static positions)

An updated building instructions was made. For the person who already bought my instructions, I will send the updated version for free. :)

My YouTube Video : 

TIE Fighter (STARWARS Rebels design)TIE Fighter (STARWARS Rebels design)TIE Fighter (STARWARS Rebels design)TIE Fighter (STARWARS Rebels design)TIE Fighter (STARWARS Rebels design)TIE Fighter (STARWARS Rebels design)TIE Fighter (STARWARS Rebels design)TIE Fighter (STARWARS Rebels design)TIE Fighter (STARWARS Rebels design)TIE Fighter (STARWARS Rebels design)TIE Fighter (STARWARS Rebels design)TIE Fighter (STARWARS Rebels design)TIE Fighter (STARWARS Rebels design)TIE Fighter (STARWARS Rebels design)TIE Fighter (STARWARS Rebels design)TIE Fighter (STARWARS Rebels design)TIE Fighter (STARWARS Rebels design)TIE Fighter (STARWARS Rebels design)TIE Fighter (STARWARS Rebels design)

See you soon! :)

You can see my other topics :

ITT : [MOC] ITT (Imperial Troop Transport) from SW Rebels

TIE Advanced Prototype : [MOC] TIE Advanced Prototype (aka Inquisitor's TIE) from SW Rebels

A-Wing (McQuarrie / SW Rebels Design) : [MOC] A-Wing (McQuarrie / SW Rebels Design)

Batman's Batmech : [MOC] Batman's Batmech

Speeder Bike 614-AVA : [MOC] Speeder bike 614-AvA

Edited by Bricks Feeder
improvement of the strength of the structure

Elegant little ship indeed. The surface is lovley smooth overall. Very nice. It also doesn't hurts that the pilot is very cute too.:wink:

Thank you guys! :D

6 hours ago, Rustinidiel said:

great design

i'm curious to know the structure you used for the bubble cockpit... it's very interesting

Scuse me Rustinidiel It's a smal secret! ;) But the only indice I can say you is the skeleton of this MOC is lightly based on the TIE Fighter of INTHERT. 

6 hours ago, Littleworlds said:

Elegant little ship indeed. The surface is lovley smooth overall. Very nice. It also doesn't hurts that the pilot is very cute too.:wink:

Yeah! ;) To change of Male Pilot, I wanted a woman like in the "TIE Fighter short film".

Edited by Bricks Feeder

1 hour ago, RetroInferno said:

You really nailed the cockpit on this; very smart use of pieces!

It's really hard to pin down this shape.

Thank you! :) Yes, my brain was almost at full speed! ;) I totally agree! That's why it is a little bit fragile! According to chat with other builders, they have the same problem apparently. But I'm very proud this time! :D

The building instructions are available on my website.

Keep on building! 

Edited by Bricks Feeder
Building instructions available

This maybe the greatest Tie Fighter MOC i've ever seen. Visually that is. The question remaining is how stable is it?

57 minutes ago, Forresto said:

This maybe the greatest Tie Fighter MOC i've ever seen. Visually that is. The question remaining is how stable is it?

Thank you very much. I'm touched.
For stability now. I did not see any problem in "landing position" except if you fall on it, crush it or shoot it with a ball! ;) After it depends of what you want to do with it but as I wrote, no problem in landing position.

It is fragile when you want to bring it "in the air" and you hold a wing only, or only the cockpit. If the TIE is taken by the "arms", there is no problem. 

I hope I answer to your question. :)

the stability between cockpit and wings is easy to resolve... but you need change a couple of parts...

i'm working on LDD but to resolve it i need know 2 things about your connections... if you dont want explain it here, PM me

Just now, Rustinidiel said:

the stability between cockpit and wings is easy to resolve... but you need change a couple of parts...

i'm working on LDD but to resolve it i need know 2 things about your connections... if you dont want explain it here, PM me

When you talk about stability, do you talk about the strength of the structure, the solidity? Scuse me if I don't use the correct words. I'm french. 

I'm Italian, dont worry, my english is very bad :wink:

yes, reading the answers in this discussion i understood you got a not important problem with the strenght of the structure... not important but existing...

1 hour ago, Rustinidiel said:

I'm Italian, dont worry, my english is very bad :wink:

yes, reading the answers in this discussion i understood you got a not important problem with the strenght of the structure... not important but existing...

If you find an update after our conversation by mail, say me. I would make new building instructions, credit you on these and share with you the complete design. ;)

I've just started in on Rebel Builder's TIE (as soon as my bricklinks roll in), but this will be one of my next. I love the lines and the techniques behind a lot of the design. Just trying to figure out in advance how I'm going to add a mount to the bottom :P

4 hours ago, theDeanoRama said:

I've just started in on Rebel Builder's TIE (as soon as my bricklinks roll in), but this will be one of my next. I love the lines and the techniques behind a lot of the design. Just trying to figure out in advance how I'm going to add a mount to the bottom :P

Thank you for your enthusiasm! :) With Rustinidiel, we work on how we can improve this MOC. 

I don't understand what you mean by "Just trying to figure out in advance how I'm going to add a mount to the bottom". What do you want to do?

Hello!

With RUSTINIDIEL, we found a way to improve the strength of the structure. Now, You can grab the TIE By the cockpit (not by just one wing) and put in on the air and different positions. BUT be careful ! You still have to take it  not as a brute or too quickly. This TIE is still made for dioramas, or collection (static positions)

An updated building instructions was made. For the person who already bought my instructions, I will send the updated version for free. :)

On 10/29/2017 at 2:35 AM, Bricks Feeder said:

Thank you for your enthusiasm! :) With Rustinidiel, we work on how we can improve this MOC. 

I don't understand what you mean by "Just trying to figure out in advance how I'm going to add a mount to the bottom". What do you want to do?

A mount would translate better as a "stand" for the model. something to place it on. After building this in LDD I'm not sure the bottom of the ship would completely support the weight of the wings without some drooping/sagging. It may be better off standing on it's wings.

4 hours ago, theDeanoRama said:

A mount would translate better as a "stand" for the model. something to place it on. After building this in LDD I'm not sure the bottom of the ship would completely support the weight of the wings without some drooping/sagging. It may be better off standing on it's wings.

Oh ok! :) I don't know. I don't try something like that for the moment. With the upgraded version, Maybe it possible. Now, I can grab my MOC just by the cockpit and hold it in the air. So maybe It's possible.

I'm compressing the pdf of the second update of my building instructions (better and bigger pictures,etc...) ! ;) I hope It will be ok for tonight! 

I am curious if you know how easy it would be to build the larger pylon wings and fix them onto this model. Do you think the weight will cause the ship to buckle? I am sure there has to be a way to modify your design to support the weight. 

6 hours ago, cehnot said:

I am curious if you know how easy it would be to build the larger pylon wings and fix them onto this model. Do you think the weight will cause the ship to buckle? I am sure there has to be a way to modify your design to support the weight. 

If you want to keep and respect the promotions of the TIE Fighter, you can't build larger pylon. The problem come from the Attachment between the pylons and the cockpit. Maybe I find a solution but I'm not sure if it's enough completely.

If you don't care about the inside of the cockpit and the minifigure, it's relatively easy to solve the problem. ;) 

In all cases, this TIE will never be for playing.

EDIT :

My potential solution doesn't work (I shook my TIE Fighter! LOL ). So the the real problem is that the wings are too heavy. I think the only solution is to destroy all the interior and maybe do a version which can't fit a minifig inside... :/ But I don't want to do that. For me It's very nice like it is and I don't want to destroy the design... :/ I will work on my other projects. Maybe a new idea will come in my brain! I've done with this for now. BUT if you have idea to upgrade this TIE and/or have made modifications let me know by e-mail please. :)

I tried to build the TIE Interceptor but I have the same problem In worse because of the shape of the wings (heavier than the Fighter) which gives an unbalanced mass distribution.

Edited by Bricks Feeder
Testing my potential solution

Hey Bricks Feeder! :) amazing MOC as always, the cockpit is one of the best I've seen, both interior and exterior! The pylons are really beautiful.  However, I'm not a huge fan of the square plates with the circular opening on the outside of the wings, I feel like the square doesn't fit with the rest of the aesthetic, but that's a nitpick. :) it's still stellar!