Sign in to follow this  
Servertijd

MOC Romans VS Greece Hoplites

Hello ladies and Gents, 

Made a small battle between Roman soldiers and Greece Hoplites,

37254218584_c77019b959_b.jpgLego Romans vs Greece Hoplites by jesse van den Oetelaar, on Flickr

37932326502_c47c7b303c_b.jpgLego Romans by jesse van den Oetelaar, on Flickr

37253584054_2e298931f8_b.jpgLego Hoplites by jesse van den Oetelaar, on Flickr

24112971848_c6ef273fb7_b.jpgLego Battle front view by jesse van den Oetelaar, on Flickr

37254221954_f3047496c1_b.jpgLego Battle close up view by jesse van den Oetelaar, on Flickr

26188253509_a29334245a_b.jpgLego Greece Hoplites close up by jesse van den Oetelaar, on Flickr

37933028672_d170e2d2b1_b.jpgLego Romans6 by jesse van den Oetelaar, on Flickr

24112968028_c375d6a794_b.jpgLego Romans vs Hoplites 1 by jesse van den Oetelaar, on Flickr

37963776761_1ba294e0d6_b.jpgBattle closeup by jesse van den Oetelaar, on Flickr

26188246809_d316aa0900_b.jpgLego Romans by jesse van den Oetelaar, on Flickr

37933023792_80410202de_b.jpgBattle by jesse van den Oetelaar, on Flickr

Hope you all like it

I like to see this very much! :classic: Could use some greeks too, but the Spartan Warrior minifig and parts, are very expensive. :sceptic: Maybe could use the Flying Warrior's body from CM S15, but still no helmet. May i ask are these some kind of after market helmets? BrickWarriorz or something?

1 hour ago, Lazer said:

I like to see this very much! :classic: Could use some greeks too, but the Spartan Warrior minifig and parts, are very expensive. :sceptic: Maybe could use the Flying Warrior's body from CM S15, but still no helmet. May i ask are these some kind of after market helmets? BrickWarriorz or something?

Thanks, this are meant to be greece hoplites and no spartans lol, everything you see in the pic is real lego, including the helmets.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=90392&name=Minifig, Headgear Helmet Spartan Warrior&category=[Minifig, Headgear]#T=S&C=65&O={"color":65,"iconly":0}

link to the helmets

thanks for your feedback :sweet:

20 hours ago, StormtrooperEll said:

Fantastic build. I love roman history and this has really caught my eye... probably the best MOC I've seen this year by far 

Thank you StormtrooperEll :)

5 hours ago, Crazycrownieguy said:

Very nice build. The photography could use a bit of work, but otherwise it looks pretty good.

Thanks, I agree, my photograph skills aren't that great, and I'm lacking a good "studio screen" Will buy that the next month hehe

1 hour ago, runnybabbit223 said:

Is that gold-tipped spear some exclusive Minifigures piece? Its very cool.

Thanks, the spear is from this figure, 

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?id=128917#T=S&O={"iconly":0}

Just now, Servertijd said:

Cheers, I see that's where you acquired the shields as well. Great build overall.

If you wanted +1 points on historical accuracy, the Romans would be throwing their spears and then drawing their swords. But I dont want to be nitpicky.

27 minutes ago, runnybabbit223 said:

Cheers, I see that's where you acquired the shields as well. Great build overall.

If you wanted +1 points on historical accuracy, the Romans would be throwing their spears and then drawing their swords. But I dont want to be nitpicky.

Lovely!  I am showing this to my co teacher in a World History class right now  (we are on lunch break).  Also lamenting over the fact that one cannot simply walk into a store and buy something like this.