It's finally finished!

48630560838_f801482de1_b.jpg

I had to give up on the first version because of a severe balance issue. All the weight was on the front, so the front wheels were totally crushed while the chassis was bent like a banana and the rear wheels weren't touching the ground. It was impossible to do anything, other than weigh down the rear, which wasn't a good option.

48630940096_ea3dbde27b_b.jpg

48630889671_3de2771ea2_b.jpg

So I started again from scratch. I decided to use a smaller scale, lowering the number of functions and keeping the essential. The current functions are:

• 4 wheel drive transmission powered by 1 L motor (without central differential)
  • 3 steering modes thanks to 1 servomotor by axle (in fact 4 steering modes are possible, but the Muli only has 3)
  • Tilting cab
  • Openable doors
  • Pivoting center tube
  • Accessory output on the BuWizz for the tool[/list]

48631117342_62044ca108_b.jpg

48630953681_463a2f4f36_b.jpg

On this model, the balance issue was pretty simple to fix, I just had to place the BuWizz on the rear part of the chassis, where the fuel tank used to be.

An L motor on the front powers the front wheels and the rear ones thanks to an axle which passes through the articulation.

Steering is controllable thanks to 2 servomotors. One is placed at the rear, and the other at the front, in a slightly unusual position (vertical), limited by a lack of room (see for yourself).

48630948231_02a734fa61_b.jpg

The articulation is very simple. It's just a turntable that connects the two parts of the chassis to each other (the motion isn't limited).

The cab can be tilted. That wasn't easy to design, mainly due to some structural difficulties. It is tiltable on the side, just like the real vehicle ; and a stop holds it open. The doors can also be opened. They are held in a closed position by a 1/2 pin, but there is no stop for the open position (due to a lack of space to make something suitable).

48630926381_d3e53f135b_b.jpg

48630933186_7deea48bba_b.jpg

48630518098_ba75271c5a_b.jpg

48631052837_d50b287bd0_b.jpg

I have tried to stick to the design of the real vehicle as much as I could, incorporating as many of the details as possible. I have made stickers which help to recreate the real model.

48630518098_ba75271c5a_b.jpg

For the tool, I wanted something playable and realistic compared to what the real truck may have (which wasn't really difficult given that you can put almost anything on it). I opted for a pneumatic arm with a dropside dump. This way, you can drive the truck to pick something up and put it in the dump. The tool has outriggers and a mini pneumatic pump (which you can activate with a switch), that you connect to the BuWizz.

The crane has 2 articulations and a winch at the extremity of the arm. The turn table can move at almost 360°; its rotation is limited so as not to block the pneumatic hoses which pass through the center.

48630492298_95fa711e29_b.jpg

48630480838_69f0e2ccab_b.jpg

48630824596_c2bc6bb6a3_b.jpg

48630865811_17ecfa1dff_b.jpg

48631005822_b9c4cda1a6_b.jpg

48630429643_8e17645115_b.jpg

The tool can be attached to the chassis with 4 pins with bushes; and the cab can be removed by taking off the bumper, an axle and a pin.

48630624413_7cbf7768e0_b.jpg

The video!

Thanks!

@Mechbuilds: As I have learnt to make instructions (for my Ford Mustang Hoonicorn) I could do it, but this year I'm not going to have the time (studies which will take all my time). And for the next summer (yeah, already planned!) I have a new big project that I have started, so I don't think there will be instructions for this model. :sceptic:

Wow :wub:

That is packed with functions while maintaining the light look in that chassis. Very impressive how simple & clean everything looks.

Anto's mocs are always insanely packed with functions and very compact.. TLG should hire him in to the design team or at least take notes.

What a really cool and nice detailed model. The fun thing of this model is, is that you can build your own "attachments" to it, like a tipper or hay collector.

I really want to have the building instructions of this model, but unfortunately your don't have time to make them. Is it possible to make more detailed pictures of the model during the building process (step by step) so we can rebuild the model? This takes less time than making building instructions.

Very thank you for the LDD file. This is very helpfull! 

I have downloaded LDD from the Lego site and some parts of the model can’t be loaded and are not shown in the model.

Which update do I have to install for newer parts?

Edited by JanGroen

Somehow missed this earlier. What an amazing truck !! Clean lines and looks so elegant. Impossible to guess so many functions are packed inside !

@JanGroen : Sorry, I hadn’t the time to answer. I can’t check which version I used, so try to download the latest version on the LEGO website and click on “update” is a message does appear; I can’t tell you more for the moment. ^^