Finished MOC

Do you remember my Reform Metrac H7X ?

Reform also produces the Muli:

T10X_LW_4704.jpg

As the project of my Citröen DS doesn’t really progresses, I do this project in WIP, to compensate. ^^

The functions will be close to the Metrac ones:

• 4WD with a 4 cylinders fake engine
  • Steering with 3 modes
  • Front and rear PTOs

And I add:

• A pneumatic pump to add pneumatic tools
  • Central joint (it’s only the front axle on the Metrac)
  • Openable cab with a lever and a pump actionning a pneumatic cylinder. The best function! :laugh:

But this MOC will not be manual, because there is not so much room in the chassis. (I think it’s possible, but the playability will be extremely bad) So it will be remote controlled, using the BuWizz. :classic:

So:

• Driving by 1 XL by axle
  • Steering: 1 servo by axle. To have the 3 steering modes: a M motors controls a PFs switch -> it changes the sens of rotation of the rear servo, or it stops it.
  • The pneumatic pump is powered by a M motor

That was the start:

918625ReformMuliWIP1.jpg

182276ReformMuliWIP2.jpg

143364ReformMuliWIP3.jpg

593569ReformMuliWIP4.jpg

And now I’m here:

On these two pictures, you can see the rear PTO.

774828ReformMuliWIP5.jpg

413436ReformMuliWIP6.jpg

On this side, the pneumatic pump:

158058ReformMuliWIP7.jpg

And here is the mecanism which allows the possibility to get 3 steering modes:

975313ReformMuliWIP8.jpg

The chassis is very, very compact. I think you can put an elephant on it, it will not move at all. :laugh:

For the tools, I think I’ll make a pneumatic arm (The pneumatic cylinders of the Mercedes truck would be very helpful, but I don’t have this set) And for the front I don’t know, so if you have ideas, tell me!

Edited by Anto

Yes, i remember the reform metrac. Stunning model, which i try to replicate (not easy though).

This one looks promising too.

14 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Maybe put some sort of plow/scoop on the front?

Yes, perhaps. I think I'll search which tools are the more common for this model. :classic:

@Pat-Ard The scale is 1:10.

12 hours ago, robert said:

Yes, i remember the reform metrac. Stunning model, which i try to replicate (not easy though).

For this MOC, I thnik I'll make a LDD file. So you'll can replicate it. :wink: (LDD is not excellent for that, but it's better than nothing! ^^)

12 hours ago, Anto said:

For this MOC, I thnik I'll make a LDD file. So you'll can replicate it. :wink: (LDD is not excellent for that, but it's better than nothing! ^^)

I would really appreciate that. At the moment I am trying to create a Ldcad file based on the fotos you published.

Edited by robert

@Anto The scale is great, and a lxf would be great so I could adjust the scale to 1/12.5 so the Muli would fit in my Unimog collection ;)

14 hours ago, robert said:

I would really appreciate that. At the moment I am trying to create a Ldcad file based on the fotos you published.

I think it's better that you wait ultil the model is finished, and the LDD file is done. Perhaps I'll do some change on the chassis. :wink:

@Pat-Ard  Yeah the scale is great, I chose this one to correspond with the wheels, and to have enough room to add all the elements I wanted. Finally, the chassis is very great (more than 50cm long and 20cm wide) but there is no room remaining.

Edited by Anto

@Anto when I look at technical details which can bee red here

http://www.reform.at/redx/tools/mb_download.php/mid.y9fdaa32c1472d3c7/T10X_Techn._Daten_EN_01-2014.pdf

I do not see three steering modes (original text)

Steering: Hydrostatic steering with Load Sensing; hydraulic synchronizing cylinder. 
Option: 4 wheel steering with electro-hydraulic steering mode switching during driving.

so I think there is no obligation to make 3 steering modes :wink:

@I_Igor Look at this picture:

Allradlenkung_02a.jpg

Even if this feature is in option, I want to add it; it will increase the playability. :classic:

Just now, Anto said:

@I_Igor Look at this picture:

Even if this feature is in option, I want to add it; it will increase the playability. :classic:

I understand what you mean, but I could not find it in technical documentation as you can red in my previous post.

Another thing, as I can see there are tire patterns like on Unimogs; Agriculture, off-road and street, so perhaps when model will be finished you can take photos with Tumbler tires (if you have them)

Look at this video:

At 0:45, you can see the crab mode, then the 4 steering wheels. And at 3:14 there are only the two front wheels steering.

But I didn't see a technical documantation which explains that there are 3 steering modes. (I mainly searched videos and pictures)

And for the wheels, I will also try with the Tumbler wheels and I will see which are better. :)

@Anto, I have a bit different approach; first I look at the brochure and technical information. Then I make some kind of blueprint for model that I plan to make. Videos are last step. There is similar thing with steering on JCB Fastracs 4000 series; they come with front wheel steering as serial equipment and additional 4 modes of steering are optional equipment. so perhaps 2 additional modes are optional equipment on Reform Multi. I'm interesting to see how it looks with tumbler tires. To make it in 17,5:1 scale to fit my models, I would have to use 49.5 tires for Reform Multi...:wink: 

On my way to work I often see Metrac...so perhaps I'll make small version of Metrac one day

On 10/24/2017 at 10:36 PM, Pat-Ard said:

@Anto The scale is great, and a lxf would be great so I could adjust the scale to 1/12.5 so the Muli would fit in my Unimog collection ;)

That would be interesting Patrick. You will need 68.7 tires and it could perfectly fit your U529 :wink:

11 hours ago, Pat-Ard said:

Thank you @I_Igor how do you know about the U529?

I think I'll use these tires: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=61480#T=P

This tires were on my mind...About your Unmog Implement Carrier U529, I was looking on net for rear Mulag attachment idea for my Unimog U423 and I found that your Unimog collection is growing... my collection starts with this one

BTW your collection is very nice :thumbup:

Now back to the topic

Edited by I_Igor

On 26/10/2017 at 1:03 PM, Paul Klop said:

How many attachments are you going to make? 

I don't know, I think 2 or 3. There will be probably a pneumatic crane, like that:

muli%20t10x-kranbil-sidetipp-reform-sigu

But I don't if I can make something good without the new pneumatic cylinders (from the Mercedes Arocs)

Then I'll also need to make something using the PTOs, which can be attached to the front or the rear.

17 hours ago, Anto said:

I don't know, I think 2 or 3. There will be probably a pneumatic crane, like that:

But I don't if I can make something good without the new pneumatic cylinders (from the Mercedes Arocs)

Then I'll also need to make something using the PTOs, which can be attached to the front or the rear.

That normal mower (0:48 in the video) I think would be very cool! You can use the front PTO for the mower and you need to build some sort of tube (don't know exactly how :laugh:) connected to the container on the back. But you can also design something yourshelf :wink:

I have worked a little on the Muli.

I have made the structure of the cab. That wasn't easy because of the fact that it is openable, and the pneumatic cylinder has been very hard to place correctly.

And I started the front of the cab:
887509ReformMuliWIP10.jpg
166791ReformMuliWIP11.jpg

To open it, I have placed a second pneumatic pump. With a mechanism, the cab will open itself when you'll push the lever, and also whel you'll pull it, as on the real one. :laugh:
204818ReformMuliWIP12.jpg
689061ReformMuliWIP13.jpg
511743ReformMuliWIP14.jpg

It looks OK. :thumbup: With time you'll see if you need to make some things more stiff, redesign depending on steering angle of the wheel etc...

Up!

I almost didn't work at all on the project since my last post, because I was very busy with another MOC. :devil:

Here is the actual progression:
603932ReformMuliWIP21.jpg

The central joint is no enough stiff, so I'll need to reinforce it.

191319ReformMuliWIP25.jpg

I started the structure of the cab, with its opening. It's really difficult to do. Because to do the design, I need the structure of the cab. For the structure, I must know how the flex, cables, future switchs, pass into the chassis (or cab). And for that, I need the interior, which needs the structure of the cab. :hmpf_bad:

Actually, there are some flex and cables. Normally, I need 2 or 3 times more flex, cables and switchs than that it is in the MOC.
229698ReformMuliWIP212.jpg

I placed a pneumatic cylinder for the opening of the cab.
178593ReformMuliWIP213.jpg
823167ReformMuliWIP211.jpg
592530ReformMuliWIP27.jpg

The rear part was not too much complex to do.
744314ReformMuliWIP22.jpg
111443ReformMuliWIP23.jpg
232427ReformMuliWIP24.jpg