75192 - Millennium Falcon Rating  

11 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• Outstanding
    • Above average
    • Average
    • Below average
    • Poor

Great review Jim! It makes me feel like I've built it already even though I'll never be able to own it.

my little contribution to space slugness...

once ubiquitous in the galaxy these wheel eating slugs have almost been eradicated thanks to hover propulsion. Wheels are now nearly a thing of the past in the galaxy, watch out to anything left with wheels...

img_3320.jpg 

Edited by MangaNOID

I am not here to polish the model, but the review!

I am happy to see how You improved the reading experience with the interactive pictures - would love to see this as new standard. :thumbup:  As mentioned before, even not building this model (probably never), reading the review makes feel like I did. :classic:

Thanks for the long-lasting journey!

A review of the review.....

Kidding, I am not nearly so audacious.  :blush:   But... a couple of thoughts about the review and the model itself. 

- The overlapping pictures and comparison pics possible with only a tap of a mouse is a spectacular option. Can't say enough good about it.  Transformed the post from a simple read to an experience.  I even dare say that such options are better than youtube videos.  I love sariel, and others' reviews, etc., but in such a video-heavy world sometimes it is nice to read something, not watch it.  In addition, when there are so many details, reading makes it nice to go back when something requires a review; much easier that trying to rewind a video.  The option of the overlaying pics and comparison pics also allow comparison so much more readily than video.  Absolutely spectacular.  I hope this is an option that because standard in Technic and other genre reviews.  I must say that I read every word, which in such a media-heavy world is not common for me. 

- My rating of the set is based on other  UCS sets.  I am not sure if this goes without saying, but it is never mentioned in our ratings on various sets on this site.  When it is asked how you would rate this set, I think it is definitely apples to oranges if one is trying to rate this and other similar sets to say, something with only a few hundred pieces, or whose main audience is not adults. 

- About the set.  I did not get the old version, and typically I don't get a whole lot of UCS sets.  I have the tumbler, B-Wing, Imperial Shuttle and SSD, that is it.  That being said, I do love the set, and even with the price tag, can see its value and worth. 

- Another thing I will mention, is that I do love the options.  Whether or not I like stickers, etc. or other options is of little importance when I overall rate the set.  I am much more impressed that TLG offers variety.  It shows the thought that was put into it.  I love to think that way.  Anyone who has done their own MOCs, not just built official sets or others' MOCs will understand the absolute tremendous amount of work that goes into building a huge build such as this, and to even offer options such as differing versions, stickers, etc. is impressive. 

Thanks for the review Jim.  You made for a fun beginning to my Sunday.  Now I can go tackle the yard with not such a heavy heart   :laugh:

Oops, totally forgot about the Space Slug building thingie, do you still accept entries? :D

I really like the review btw, very well detailed and in-depth, I love it! Must have cost you a lot of time! :wink:

Just now, Sir Brickalot said:

Any more entries to the contest? :tongue:

I have been very busy, so I wasn't paying attention. Sorry.

I will pick two lucky winners today. So, if there are people with an entry....hurry.

Time's up :tongue:

I have handpicked this lovely creation made by @kritch.

37980720242_cd9e8272bd.jpg

And faith (a.k.a. random.org) has chosen @Lock's entry as the lucky extra winner.

Crap Slug.jpg

Congrats.

If you can both send me a PM with your full name and address, I will make sure you will get your set as soon as possible.
(Let me know if you can't send a PM yet @Lock. New members used to need 10 posts, but I think the rules have changed)

On 11/11/2017 at 2:22 PM, Jim said:

If you can both send me a PM with your full name and address, I will make sure you will get your set as soon as possible.
(Let me know if you can't send a PM yet @Lock. New members used to need 10 posts, but I think the rules have changed)

Hi Jim, sorry I was late reading the post.

Yes, I was able to send you a PM, just made it few minutes ago.

Many thanks guys. :)

I just finished building the hunk of junk tonight, and it's now in the place on my TV unit previously filled by 10179. Cracking build, think I enjoyed it more than the Saturn V even.

There are some parts with annoying gaps though, and I have some ideas on modding it. Problem is that my parts box isn't large enough, so I'm either going to have to try them in LDD or buy a load of misc parts.

Lego_Slug_bocca_larga_04.jpg

Today the official Space Slug arrived and already had a good flirt with my big mouth one.

Many thanks Jim. :)

Hehe nice!

Thanks for joining the mini-contest and have fun building the Space Slug.

This set is a much greater improvement than the last one

I really like how they included minis from both eras although it would be nice to have some escape pods