75192 - Millennium Falcon Rating  

11 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• Outstanding
    • Above average
    • Average
    • Below average
    • Poor

Great review. Great photography. I can see you have at least 2 softboxes in your setup.

If I would rate the set, I would rate it 9 as well. Probably slightly higher if the price is a slightly more affordable.

I was able to build this in LDD. The greebling is totally on steriods!

35 minutes ago, Malthus101 said:

Good review.

I wonder if I'll ever build mine................ hmm.

I know the feeling. I have lots of sets still in the box. The feeling of having it somehow is already gratifying.

Your reviews are always a joy to read. A bit of humour, some obscure details and great photography: 5/5, would read again.

Thanks for a fantastic and highly informative review Jim. I can appreciate that it's a labour of love but a hell of a lot work nonetheless! I'm about half way through building mine and the sheer size of this thing makes some of the 'blind' underside connections a challenge...and all the more a rewarding experience. Kidney, child, wife? Hmmm, tough choice :wink:

Fantastic review and great photos! Thanks for doing this massive review!

Just now, Markalus said:

Thanks for a fantastic and highly informative review Jim. I can appreciate that it's a labour of love but a hell of a lot work nonetheless! I'm about half way through building mine and the sheer size of this thing makes some of the 'blind' underside connections a challenge...and all the more a rewarding experience. Kidney, child, wife? Hmmm, tough choice :wink:

Thanks! I did have some troubles with the underside. At some point I was very frustrated. But I had made a small mistake, which caused my consecutive frustration. But it's definitely less hard if you can turn the model upside down more easily.

Just now, Markalus said:

Kidney, child, wife? Hmmm, tough choice :wink:

Why choose?! :look: :tongue:

27 minutes ago, DaFokka said:

Your reviews are always a joy to read. A bit of humour, some obscure details and great photography: 5/5, would read again.

Thank you sir!

Just now, Covi said:

Fantastic review and great photos! Thanks for doing this massive review!

And you :thumbup:

Thank you very much for that great review Jim! I have enjoyed it! ?

I got one question left. Are alle of the 7 stands easily removable?

I ask that question because I want to display my falcon with the 3fferman stand.

Just now, OrangeChiliPeP said:

Thank you very much for that great review Jim! I have enjoyed it! ?

I got one question left. Are alle of the 7 stands easily removable?

I ask that question because I want to display my falcon with the 3fferman stand.

My pleasure!

Yes, they can be removed very easily, provided that you will be able to rest the Falcon, or have someone assist you.

Maybe I need an Efferman stand as well. You mean the modified version by Lucio, Right? That's actually an incredibly good idea :thumbup:

13 minutes ago, Jim said:

My pleasure!

Yes, they can be removed very easily, provided that you will be able to rest the Falcon, or have someone assist you.

Maybe I need an Efferman stand as well. You mean the modified version by Lucio, Right? That's actually an incredibly good idea :thumbup:

Thank you for sharing that information. Exactly, I´ve ordered all the parts for the first version which is shown in the youtube video.

I really appreciated that Lucio made such a neat building instruction. 

Cool review, thanks!

Wish I could get this set...just no place to put it (that my 1 year old wouldn't try to destroy it at some point). Plus wife is not keen on the price tag. >.<

What a great idea with the interactive images and excellent work with the imaged headings @Jim ! Unfortunately, this set will never make it to my house. I'd be lucky enough to see it in real life.

One point of suggestion for the future reviews: show the final model with a 360-degree function. This would look especially awesome with the Millennium Falcon!

Just now, Lego_Talk said:

What a great idea with the interactive images and excellent work with the imaged headings @Jim ! Unfortunately, this set will never make it to my house. I'd be lucky enough to see it in real life.

One point of suggestion for the future reviews: show the final model with a 360-degree function. This would look especially awesome with the Millennium Falcon!

Thanks!

I have thought about 360 degree, but you know what.....my photo studio is too small :laugh: :tongue:

I can't rotate the model. You can see that I Photoshopped the front view image. And I don't think it will fit my plateau.

Maybe I can come up with a solution on my desk, but that would mean there's no empty background etc.

@Jim, I would like to do the same magic trick so that I can add 3D views to my reviews. Unfortunately, that function is likely reserved to moderators and higher-ups.

Keep up the great work!

P.S. 

I seriously don't understand why you're still having a silver badge... but that's between you and WhiteFang :laugh:

Just now, makoy said:

@Jim, I would like to do the same magic trick so that I can add 3D views to my reviews. Unfortunately, that function is likely reserved to moderators and higher-ups.

Keep up the great work!

P.S. 

I seriously don't understand why you're still having a silver badge... but that's between you and WhiteFang :laugh:

Thanks mate. I will PM you about the magic tricks :wink:

The reason I am still silver is that 90% of my reviews need to be published asap. That means they bypass the RA. I need to make it to gold just like all the other students :sweet:

which bothers me the most is that it is essentially the same set as the old one with all the old shape mistakes just with more greenlings...

-mandible wrong angel /to long, 100% the same as the old ones...

-not rounded out at the front , the saucer with a dent ^^

-main fuselage not high enough by 2 studs( 2 up, 2 down) compared to the mandibles

for that price tag I find this quite annoying :/

On 10/25/2017 at 4:45 AM, Lego_Talk said:

If you need a 360-degree (Or any angle) view the model is on Mecabricks: https://www.mecabricks.com/en/models/87X2RWRqjZY

Wow. That's got to be the most in-depth review about a Lego set I've ever read. The pictures and descriptions are spectacular! Great job!!

In relation to the contest, how do I post a picture 'to this topic' ? Do I just paste it into a message like this one? I apologize that I don't know these kinds of things, I'm new here.

Thanks

Thanks Ramen!

It's best to use an image hosting service like Flickr or Bricksafe. You can upload the image there and paste the url in your topic. 

8 minutes ago, Jim said:

Thanks Ramen!

It's best to use an image hosting service like Flickr or Bricksafe. You can upload the image there and paste the url in your topic. 

Oh okay. Thanks! :)

Hi Jim, 

Thanks for this incredible review, which is a joy to read and to watch. The interactiveness contributes much to the reading pleasure, bringing some diversion to a very (very) longread! Which a very (very) big set like this obviously deserves...

Since my wife will probably veto me getting hold of this one, it's easy for me to decide what to sell to get it anyway...