6 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

It's a great start, but it is a bit too square...

As for the body being too far above the chassis, I think it will look great!

Thanks! I'll figure out how to round it. The problem is I won't have time to work on it for the next 2 weeks :cry_sad:

I like old-school and boxy look. Perhaps grill needs a bit more work, but it is very difficult to say so far in advance because every design is actually compromise, to much details and whole creations will look to kitschy. 

On 10/31/2017 at 7:00 AM, I_Igor said:

Perhaps grill needs a bit more work,

I know how I can change it but can't until 2 Saturdays from now :(

On 10/31/2017 at 7:00 AM, I_Igor said:

kitschy

Pardon me for asking this, but what does "Kitschy" mean?

13 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Pardon me for asking this, but what does "Kitschy" mean?

@Aventador2004 was faster than, me so I thank him for assistance. Kitschy  can also be described as something made without taste or good look, but beauty was always in the eye of beholder. One example - most of modern Hyper-cars are in my eyes Kitschy, but super-cars from 50s or 60s are nice in my eyes. No one needs to agree with me but here is an off-topic example

modern hyper car:

homepagethumb4.jpg

Aston Martin Valkyrie and

NY15_r115_009.jpg

Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato...

Back to topic:

The same is IMHO with off-roaders - boxy massive and robust look is better IMHO that stylish new "off-roaders", actually cross-overs that are station wagons with bigger wheels and inch or two wider mudguards :wink:

Just now, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Ohhh... thank you! I appreciate it.

Sometimes my vocabulary is to "rich" for Internet forums or similar public places :wink:

It's been really quite long, but today I can present you what is supposed to be the second last update. Of course, at this point criticism is necessary, so I may make more updates.

I added more to the bodywork, fixed the grille, and added a roof.

IMG_6117IMG_6119IMG_6120IMG_6121

Criticism please! Thanks for reading!

BrickbyBrickTechnic 

That grill is much much better! 

My only criticism is that the red flex axle does not need to be there.  A lot of the time when people actually build these kinds of crazy lifted trucks, they have to cut the fenders for clearance.  Most of the time the fenders are not rounded like you are trying to do with the flex axle.  

While it does not look bad with it there, it does not need to be.  

Keep up the good work 

EDIT: I did a quick search and found a trial truck pickup that has the fenders that match what you have without the flex axle, just giving you some ideas. 

311748d1182884471-need-pics-80s-model-fu

Edited by aminnich

3 hours ago, aminnich said:

While it does not look bad with it there, it does not need to be.  

Keep up the good work 

Thank you! I removed the soft axles, and now it does look much better.

Bodywork is really nice, boxy, practical, good (it sounds almost like addvertisment for Ritter Sport chocolate :laugh:), grill is better... the only thing that crosses my mind can be more like suggestion (not criticism) is to use black wheels from 42000 set or even bettet (if you have one) from 41999 set with that white stripe. Very nice development :thumbup:

14 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Bodywork is really nice, boxy, practical, good (it sounds almost like addvertisment for Ritter Sport chocolate :laugh:), grill is better... the only thing that crosses my mind can be more like suggestion (not criticism) is to use black wheels from 42000 set or even bettet (if you have one) from 41999 set with that white stripe. Very nice development :thumbup:

Thank you! Glad you like it. I don't have black rims, so what I plan on doing is using red rims then covering them with something black, so there's a red stripe.

6 minutes ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Thank you! Glad you like it. I don't have black rims, so what I plan on doing is using red rims then covering them with something black, so there's a red stripe.

That is also a possibility, just one question - did not you plan to use wheel/tire combo from 42039 set? this set has black rims

Like it, but: 

-The castor on the front is too much.Im pretty sure it affects both rc and manual models

-You should really try to bring the steering pivot closer to the wheels, unless servo is an all powerful god motor

Then again I am more of a manual person so Im not too experienced in the rc side of things

I think it will turn out rather well!:thumbup:

53 minutes ago, ThatOneBuilder said:

The castor on the front is too much.Im pretty sure it affects both rc and manual models

-You should really try to bring the steering pivot closer to the wheels, unless servo is an all powerful god motor

I can look into changing the caster. I'm not sure if it's the biggest problem since this thing can go through tall-ish grass easily, but now that the crawler is nearly done the result might be different.

And servos are all powerful god motors :laugh: i've had no trouble with steering.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Kept working on the bodywork. I lowered the roof by a stud but have since brought it back up. If you like the 1-stud lower roof, tell me. As well, I just can't blend the roof into the chassis. Any suggestions?

IMG_6122IMG_6123

Back got some improvements as well.

IMG_6124

And finally, the rear suspension got some improvements.

IMG_6125IMG_6126

Any suggestions? Comment here. Thanks!

The back of the body work looks like 42070... unfinished. It needs a tailgate for sure. And the rear fender needs to be finished. 

Good progress though! 

The lowered roof makes it look more like a super jacked up camaro. I'd go back to the higher roof 

1 hour ago, aminnich said:

The back of the body work looks like 42070... unfinished. It needs a tailgate for sure. And the rear fender needs to be finished. 

Good progress though! 

The lowered roof makes it look more like a super jacked up camaro. I'd go back to the higher roof 

Thank you! I have not yet finished the rear. And the 1 stud higher roof does in fact look better.

I haven't looked it this for awhile, and it's starting to look quite good!

5 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

I just can't blend the roof into the chassis. Any suggestions?

You might need something sloping down from the back, a bit like what this truck has: http://www.nico71.fr/baja-truck/

It's done! (Just need to add final touches)

The roof is now removable to show a roll cage. There is enough torque to go over lots of obstacles, and pictures with CLAAS tires will appear on sunday.

IMG_6127IMG_6128IMG_6130

Lights need to be added down here:

IMG_6135IMG_6136

Pictures and videos Sunday! Leave comments criticism, please.

Hello,

in four bodywork you have a lot of strait line and 90-degre angles.

It's a simple technic but the result appair to not be very good looking. The design have a lack of personnality.

Maybe, but it's just a suggestion, whit the same building technic you should look for an iconic vehicule from the times where bodyworks were strait with 90-degre angle.

So it gave a personnality to your moc while we can recognise it.

1 hour ago, LegoTT said:

n four bodywork you have a lot of strait line and 90-degre angle

Well, where should I put some non-90 degree angles? These pickups are supposed to be boxy.

On 2017-10-30 at 11:41 PM, mocbuild101 said:

It's a great start, but it is a bit too square...

As for the body being too far above the chassis, I think it will look great!

Looking good brickbybrick! I agree with the squarensss, but as it’s a 4x4 crawler, taller looks more like a monster truck, so for that reason I like it!! Keep building :wub: