Bonaparte

Eurobricks Event 2018 - Heads Up

Hope to come too :) not sure if alone or with the family. Guess alone this time ;)

Bfenz and Dfenz (possibly Amfenz) hope to be there. Could be a very busy few weekends in a row with other events in May/June.(I think the Pdc Fan Weekend is the following week)

Edited by Dfenz

First insider tour dates for next year are 23-35 May, which would be perfect to attend before the EB event.

Now, all I have to do is to be successful in the insider tour ballot...........

Just now, elleana said:

First insider tour dates for next year are 23-35 May, which would be perfect to attend before the EB event.

Haven't you done the insider tour during a previous EB event?

23 hours ago, Jim said:

Haven't you done the insider tour during a previous EB event?

Sadly no! This year was my first ever EB event..

1 minute ago, elleana said:

Sadly no! This year was my first ever EB event..

Ahh now I remember. I mixed up your user name :look:

Well, the inside tour is only bricks...and you can't take any of them. Not so interesting :laugh: :wink:

I have the dates on the calendar and definitely plan to attend with my son, as before. Looking forward to it already!

Are the dates confirmed yet? The company I work for is getting taken over in April, so I need to get some dates in for my leave to be honoured for certain (I can't say it will be denied, but it is better to get in ahead)...

I defenetly want to come and see all of you great people! :wub: Buuut I will just be finished with my Master at Uni in April (even managed to sneak in some LEGO in my thesis :laugh:) and I have absolutely no idea what I will be doing by then so I guess it will get a little bit more spontaneously for me this time.

Life has been a bit busy, but I hope to find time in the coming days to prepare an official information topic (with details for booking accommodations) and a sign-up thread.

I would LOVE to attend this. I'm American and only speak English (and non passable spanish) and am concerned about not knowing any Dutch. I see you guys are from all around Europe, so it can't be that big of a deal can it?  How big of an issue do you guys think me traveling alone to an event like this with a language barrier would be? Sorry if this is off topic but I see these events in Europe all the time and I've always wanted to go since I was a kid. I can't be the only one that thinks this. Thanks in advance!

Edited by Criosphynx

22 minutes ago, Criosphynx said:

I would LOVE to attend this. I'm American and only speak English

Hi. English is spoken by all eventees and others also travel alone so it would not be an issue. Everyone is made feel welcome and it is always a fun event. 

Just now, Bfenz said:

Hi. English is spoken by all eventees and others also travel alone so it would not be an issue. Everyone is made feel welcome and it is always a fun event. 

Awesome! Thanks for calming my fears. I had some embarrassing experiences as the "stupid foreigner" in Germany after my Travel partner insisted it would be ok to go there because "everyone in Germany speaks english" when that was def not the case when we got there.

I'll be looking for the official thread. Thanks again

Edited by Criosphynx

On ‎02‎.‎12‎.‎2017 at 1:28 AM, Criosphynx said:

Awesome! Thanks for calming my fears. I had some embarrassing experiences as the "stupid foreigner" in Germany after my Travel partner insisted it would be ok to go there because "everyone in Germany speaks english" when that was def not the case when we got there.

I'll be looking for the official thread. Thanks again

Sorry to hear that (where have you been exactly, the eastern part?), but for all the past and upcoming events one thing is always the same: Eurobricks' language is English - on the boards and in real life, too.
So everyone speaks (more or less :wink:) English, even the Germans :tongue: Of course we 'foreigners' can't keep up with you native speakers, and it's sometimes not ready for press, but that would be an issue for us, not for you. :grin:

English for Billund is fine, it is the operational language for TLG. I travel alone every visit to Denmark and haven't had any problems. Not with taxis, check-in or supermarket shopping.

On 12/6/2017 at 6:35 AM, Holodoc said:

Sorry to hear that (where have you been exactly, the eastern part?), but for all the past and upcoming events one thing is always the same: Eurobricks' language is English - on the boards and in real life, too.
So everyone speaks (more or less :wink:) English, even the Germans :tongue: Of course we 'foreigners' can't keep up with you native speakers, and it's sometimes not ready for press, but that would be an issue for us, not for you. :grin:

Hi! Everyone was gracious to my face, but I'm sure many people thought it! I was in Munich at first and then south to the alps. Mostly in rural areas :)  I'm German ancestry, so I look like I belong there, I think people were confused when I told them I was American, they would keep trying to speak to me in German like I was lying to them or pulling a prank :)