Bonaparte

Eurobricks Event 2018 - Heads Up

Hi all,

The Eurobricks Event 2018 will be in Billund and the dates are Sunday 27th till Tuesday 29th of May 2018. So travel days are Saturday and Wednesday.

We already discussed with LEGO about the program and for sure the new LEGO House will be part of it!

More info will follow later, but be sure to already mark these dates in your agenda.

This is not a sign-up topic yet, but feel free to already discuss the event and let us know if you consider coming over.

EDIT:

There's still a small risk because we didn't make arrangements yet for housing for these dates, so please wait with booking flights and stuff till we have that worked out.

Quite close to June, this is going to be a hectic Lego-spring... With Brickworld and I am considering going to Japan Brickfest too. That's going to be 3 events back to back!

Yeah! during a US holiday weekend!. Less time i have to take off!! Much easier for me to come.

I hope it doesn't clash with my Japan Brickfest plans (to be determined by good friends of mine I'll be traveling with and a bit outside my control). Very bad manners if I wouldn't show up at an EB event being held in my hometown :wink: :wacko:

Very much looking forward to seeing all of you again! :wub:

Best
Markus

5 hours ago, Holodoc said:

I'll be there for sure! :wub:

Same here :thumbup: 

Are these dates confirmed? If so I can start making travel plans - getting to Bilind can be a bit complicated for me!

15 hours ago, Cecilie said:

Quite close to June, this is going to be a hectic Lego-spring... With Brickworld and I am considering going to Japan Brickfest too. That's going to be 3 events back to back!

Making plans for Brickworld too, so very unlikely that we'll make it for this since we're coming back in September.

AC

6 hours ago, elleana said:

Are these dates confirmed? If so I can start making travel plans - getting to Bilind can be a bit complicated for me!

Yes, these dates are final :thumbup:

33 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

Sorted then! I will book them off right away. :thumbup:

There's still a small risk because we didn't make arrangements yet for housing. So I would prefer to wait a bit longer with booking flights and stuff till we have that worked out.

Well at least I can investigate. Need to decide whether to fly in and out from Billund, or one of Copenhagen, Amsterdam or Frankfurt, or some combination of this, each with their own pros and cons.  

2 hours ago, Bonaparte said:

There's still a small risk because we didn't make arrangements yet for housing. So I would prefer to wait a bit longer with booking flights and stuff till we have that worked out.

I didn't think of that. Sorry.

No problem. It's very unlikely there'll be an issue with housing for these dates, but you never know. 
I'll do some calling soon to both the Legoland Village and to the Lalandia Village.

I'd love to come, the dates seem good for me. Now it's only to arrange babysitting for the kids, and plan few days off at work (which is the challenging part being at home till the end of March).

On 22.10.2017 at 2:22 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

What sort of event will this be?

Sorry for getting back late to you.

All in all our event is about meeting the guys and gals you write to on the boards in real live, getting to know some new friends, having LEGO related fun, taking part in various contests, buying LEGO (of course) visiting the Legoland and other LEGO facilities.
Traditionally we are in Billund every second year, alternated by Windsor and Günzburg each four years.
For myself it's among the best days in the year! :wub_drool:

Here's some information about last this years event in Günzburg, Germany:

Information topic - picture thread

Billund varies slightly from that: The event takes place in the very heart of LEGO, so we have some more opportunities (wait for the information topic for 2018) what we can do. Check out this summary about all the events we had so far.
But I can assue you: Nobody ever regretted to have been there. :wink:

Just now, Holodoc said:

For myself it's among the best days in the year! :wub_drool:

Yup, same here! 

A part of the group are regular attendees, so when you come more often you really get to know each other. And I must admit....some of the EB members are actually quite nice :laugh:

Just now, Bob De Quatre said:

I plan to go this year! :sweet:

There goes the neighborhood :laugh:

That would be really great Bob!! :thumbup:

As always - great job guys, and I soooooooo look forward meeting you again & have a great couple of days :wub:!

11 hours ago, Holodoc said:

But I can assue you: Nobody ever regretted to have been there. :wink:

I can confirm that this is true for me. I’m not particularly active on Eurobricks (actually I’m just a lurker who looks at other people’s MOCs most of the time!) and I happened to chance on last years’ event thread which fortitiuously happened to coincide with a meeting I was going to attend in Munich for work.

i had a lot of fun, absolutely did not regret attending and am eagerly looking forward to this years’ event! Sadly can’t mix it up with a work trip (unless you work for Lego I don’t think anyone ever travels to Billund for work!) but will be there anyway.