Hammerstein NWC

Black Falcons CMF

As a warm up for the Historica CMF competition (and also for my buddy big Poppa Nerf's 100 followers contest, I put together these Black Falcon minifigs

I hope you enjoy them. I am frantically working on freebuilds so I can enter the g0H five year contest!

Black Falcons CMF

A Black Falcons Collectible Minifig Series.

Top Row

Bladesman Heavy Infantry
Deployed in small skirmishing units these skilled axemen target high value heavily armored elite enemies. They receive special training to neutralise Cavalry with matador like expertise.

Sentinel
Royal guardsman armoured in ceremonial gear their heavy shields and Long Halberds make them slow but enduring fighters.

Half Ogre Ramhead
Unlike their larger dumber ogryn cousins, the Half ogre shows a fair amount of cunning and can remember even detailed tactical orders. their strength and size see them fight in the Vanguard.

BannerMan
Only the bravest and strongest fighters are offered the chance to carry the heraldry of the Falcon legion. Heavily armoured the Bannerman will fight til his last breath to keep the colours safe at the very front of the Vanguard.

Row 2

Deathshead Archer
Not averse to using poison to incapacitate their enemies even a knick from one arrow can be fatal! Deployed as scouts  these eagle eyed infantry are a boon to the falcon legion.

Chaplain
The Wisest head in the Falcons army, with tales of battles long forgotten by most, the Chaplain can offer insight across many battlefields. His mace is also used to administer the last rites to those who won't make it back to the field hospital.

Headsman
The Executioner keeps the troops in check acting as unofficial enforcer for the falcons upper echelons. He can take a head with a single deft strike, or if he is told otherwise can make it messy and drawn out...

Quarter Master
This grizzled veteran keeps the army equipped and moving.  With enough time, he can acquire you anything from a powdered unicorn horn to 10 minutes you won't forget with a saucy wench. Rum is his favourite currency!

Row 3

Bladed Fury
A lethal combination of enthusiasm and martial prowess beware the whirling web of death! trained from infancy these unpredictable weapon masters are a real wildcard in the Falcons pack.

Tribal Bezerk - From the Skylands mountain pass. The most savage of the bezerks eschew armour in favour of agility. Calling on the power of the wild they froth at the mouth and literally go Berserk!

Bucaneer
These flamboyant characters are expert florentine fighters who love the cut and thrust of combat. Often the buccaneer is a successful retired pirate who has made his fortune and is looking to transition into the nobility by proving his worth on the battlefield.

Herald
These artisans can be found across the battlefields although most consider them blowhards they are not averse to sticking the knife in when an opponent is not looking.

Bottom Row

Lester the Jester
his repertoire is mainly limited to fart jokes but his sense of humour is generally as cruel as the knife he wields in combat.

The Duchess
Plucked from the Mountain tribes the duchess is Lady to Erasmus the black, an expert with blades and poisons, not just a pretty face. Many a man has underestimated her and paid the ultimate price.

Paladin Duke Erasmus the Black
The present Falcons Master General. He is a fearsome soldier and expert fighter - he fights without mercy! heavily armoured his sword carries a blessed purity seal which deals extra damage to chaotic or evil creatures.

Brody the Squire
He carries his spare weapons and maintains the Dukes armour and equipment. Although not a proficient swordsman he is lethal with "Old Faithful" which is Erasmus trusty Mace.

The bladesman heavy infantry, sentinel, and deathshead archer are my favorites.  The jester is cool too.  Overall nice job.  

I like Minifig-customisation a lot (and the Black Falcons as a faction too) and these here are really quite something. Very diverse, very inventive. They all have their own personality, what I really appreciate. Great work! :classic:

Very cool! Which minifigure is the The Duchess hair piece from? and how did you make Paladin Duke Erasmus the Black?

On 21/10/2017 at 3:45 AM, zoth33 said:

The bladesman heavy infantry, sentinel, and deathshead archer are my favorites.  The jester is cool too.  Overall nice job.  

I'm glad you liked those! We're there any you feel could have been improved? 

@durazno33 thanks I went on a massive hunt to get everything just right. :)

@Littleworlds black falcons are my favorite castle faction - I really appreciate your kind words.

@BobbtomErasmus is a regular fig with extra 1x1 player under his legs, I then added black teeths his shoes. His arms are the cmf bad robot arms with mechabrick robot hands in them :)

The duchess hair piece is from Lashina, one of the villains from the DC super girls line. :)

@Hammerstein NWC

Cool minifigures - very creative! From the thread's title, I was expecting quite a lot of sameness, but in fact there is plenty of variety with each minifigure having a unique identity. :thumbup:

I realise that these aren't purist which is cool. I use lots of BrickWarriors and other third party parts myself. Where did you get the tall legs for the Half-Ogre Ramhead? They look like LEGO's Toy Story Woody legs but with different print.

Also quite a few have two coloured or printed hands. Are they homemade customs are or they made by a third party vendor?

@AmperZandThe ramhead legs are from a*cough* clone brand fig of mr fantastic. I got it for the woody length blue arms.  Thanks for the kind words are tried hard to give them personality but be easily identifiable as black falcons. 

@MABThe hands are customs from eclipsegrafx, Victor Fernandez has had custom hands made out of a slightly different plastic. They accept the paint a bit better than lego and are digitally printed. The clutch on em is up there with Lego and they click fit nicely.

19 hours ago, Hammerstein NWC said:

I'm glad you liked those! We're there any you feel could have been improved? 

@durazno33 thanks I went on a massive hunt to get everything just right. :)

@Littleworlds black falcons are my favorite castle faction - I really appreciate your kind words.

@BobbtomErasmus is a regular fig with extra 1x1 player under his legs, I then added black teeths his shoes. His arms are the cmf bad robot arms with mechabrick robot hands in them :)

The duchess hair piece is from Lashina, one of the villains from the DC super girls line. :)

The bladed fury, his head seems off to me.  Otherwise I like the rest of them.

13 hours ago, zoth33 said:

The bladed fury, his head seems off to me.  Otherwise I like the rest of them.

Feedack always welcomed. I quite liked it - took several swings at it before I decided on that one though so I can understand your reservations :classic:

1 hour ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Nice ones, but I believe you should try with LEGO parts only.

I agree when limiting yourself to  only non customized parts from a single brand forces you to be more creative. But I do like your  ideas they are great?

On ‎29‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 12:20 AM, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Nice ones, but I believe you should try with LEGO parts only.

I do purist sets as well but I think the key is in what you have said yourself "limit" - I do purist builds for competition and when it works but these figs are better for the extra options available here. I wanted more tattoos and some little extra's. I totally understand other peoples preference but why paint in black and white when you have so many other colours at your disposal :classic: I will be producing a purist collection of 18 for the GoH anniversary challenge soon. I hope you like them!

On ‎29‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 1:04 AM, 1Panda said:

I agree when limiting yourself to  only non customized parts from a single brand forces you to be more creative. But I do like your  ideas they are great?

Most of the custom parts here are for flourish - truth be told I made a lot of them purist first but the diversity was far less striking and the colours just aren't available. e.g. I started with all lego capes at the start and plainer arms and hands. Didn't really like it. I have 1000s of minifigs so I cycled through all manner of bits and bobs before I got here. I prefer to use the best bits I can (in my eyes) rather than settle for less interesting parts just to conform. I guess its all a matter of taste. :thumbup:

20 hours ago, Hammerstein NWC said:

I do purist sets as well but I think the key is in what you have said yourself "limit" - I do purist builds for competition and when it works but these figs are better for the extra options available here. I wanted more tattoos and some little extra's. I totally understand other peoples preference but why paint in black and white when you have so many other colours at your disposal :classic: I will be producing a purist collection of 18 for the GoH anniversary challenge soon. I hope you like them!

Most of the custom parts here are for flourish - truth be told I made a lot of them purist first but the diversity was far less striking and the colours just aren't available. e.g. I started with all lego capes at the start and plainer arms and hands. Didn't really like it. I have 1000s of minifigs so I cycled through all manner of bits and bobs before I got here. I prefer to use the best bits I can (in my eyes) rather than settle for less interesting parts just to conform. I guess its all a matter of taste. :thumbup:

I think elsewise.
I think that if you have no limits, then you don't have to use imagination. Like when you are stuck in a level in a videogames and you use cheats to overcome the problem.
But, as you say these are tastes, and those are only my thoughts on the matter, no intention to judge anyone's work.

However, my point is: those minfiigures are, in my eyes, too little "LEGO".
I mean, while I can understand one or two custom parts scattered among 16 minifigures, these are nearly entirely customs.

This is why I wanted to see something like that using entirely LEGO parts, because I believe that there is room to do such and you are talented enough to do it! :classic:

Edited by Itaria No Shintaku