Sign in to follow this  
freestorm

Try to make a new version of LEGO Train Poster

Hello,

I really like the train poster made by Jeroen De Haan (2003) http://brickfetish.com/art/dehaan_2003.html

What do you think if we try to make a complete version with all LEGO trains (maybe 4 posters: "Blue ERA", "Grey ERA", "9V ERA", "PF ERA") ?
I'm working to make "Blue ERA" MLCAD files

Someone have the knowledge to render a large poster from a MLCAD file?

I tried to render from LDVIEW to POV-RAY, but the quality is very poor (I don't know how to render a very large model with good zoom and quality)

PS: sorry for my English, I speak/write English like a Swiss-French cow..

Well, you could render it using Bluerender and use LXF files as a basic? And photoshop of course!

@freestorm

Hi freestorm, I like the Idea of a new poster very much. But I think it would be a waste of time to do something that is allready in process.

Some members of german LUG 1000steine working for around the last three years on new graphics for an updated poster. I have no idea how far they are gone, but before starting something completely new, it might be a good idea to ask them about their progress.

I have no link or so yet, but if necessary, i can try to figure out where on the web you can find theese guys.

Anyway, I really hope to see an "up to date" version somewhen in near future :wub:

regards

BrickMusher

@JopieK Tank you for the software, unfortunately LDD is not the best software to build old trains, because old parts are not available

@BrickMusher Tanks for the forum 100steine, I will not start a new project and I will try to help this

@tsi Thanks you for this webpage, I will follow it