o0ger

[MOC] Guardian Golem

Ok, so I never feel quite certain which forum to post my MOCs in. I guess this is the most suitable. 

This is a character I built during two days. It started with me opening the new Chewie set (75530). I just had to build something with all those new parts!

Guardian Golem

- "You want a flower?"

While building the brown figure I noticed his posture and expression made it look a bit scared or startled. So I started thinking about different things that would get this reaction from it. I thought of oil cans and chain saws, but it didn't feel quite right. Then I thought about Totoro. The Japanese Anime where a little girl befriends the Spirit of the forest. So this made me think of a kid, lost in the forest, meeting the big Guardian Golem. The kid offers a flower to the Golem, who is totally in chock to see a plant torn up from the ground like that.

Hope you like it!

I really like how you used the new Chewie parts from the Constraction sets. The overall design is nearly flawless. His huge head and tiny body, I don't know, correlate so well with one another. And yes, the kid made it even better. 

Congrats on an amazing MOC! (One question what piece did you use for the lower mouth?)

Deuces.

T

That's great!  Especially Chewie's head used for the beard/jaw, and the posing.  Really nice, and very creative.  As someone on Flickr said, definitely a nice Jim Henson vibe.  :classic: 

3 hours ago, Tyndale said:

I really like how you used the new Chewie parts from the Constraction sets. The overall design is nearly flawless. His huge head and tiny body, I don't know, correlate so well with one another. And yes, the kid made it even better. 

Congrats on an amazing MOC! (One question what piece did you use for the lower mouth?)

Deuces.

T

Thanks Tyndale! The lower jaw is Chewies head (upside down and backwards) :)

1 hour ago, deraven said:

That's great!  Especially Chewie's head used for the beard/jaw, and the posing.  Really nice, and very creative.  As someone on Flickr said, definitely a nice Jim Henson vibe.  :classic: 

Thanks Deraven! Yes, the entire character just grew up around that part really. 

I haven't seen Labyrinth so I had to check up Ludo. There are som similarities:  :laugh:

344?cb=20110322172655 

Edited by o0ger

I hope the Golem doesn't get too angry over the kid ripping out the flower - it means well, after all.

Anyway, this MOC is very well done! I don't really do cartoony builds, so I'm always amazed if other people manage to pull these off in LEGO. The parts use on this MOC is also wonderfully creative. :thumbup:

Oh my gosh, that didn't even register as Lego to me there for a second! :oh3:

Those eyes and expression, I mean, that's the most personality I have ever seen expressed in a creation before! I'm just simply gobstopped! 

Brilliant work, especially in your reusage of constraction Chewbacca's parts! :thumbup:

Ah! So I'm not the only one who thought wood when seeing Chewie's parts.

Nicely done MoC. Love the tree coming off his back.

On 10/21/2017 at 2:03 AM, ZORK64 said:

I hope the Golem doesn't get too angry over the kid ripping out the flower - it means well, after all.

Anyway, this MOC is very well done! I don't really do cartoony builds, so I'm always amazed if other people manage to pull these off in LEGO. The parts use on this MOC is also wonderfully creative. :thumbup:

Thanks! I don't do a lot builds like this either. I think it was the parts that just called out to me :)

On 10/21/2017 at 3:01 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Oh my gosh, that didn't even register as Lego to me there for a second! :oh3:

Those eyes and expression, I mean, that's the most personality I have ever seen expressed in a creation before! I'm just simply gobstopped! 

Brilliant work, especially in your reusage of constraction Chewbacca's parts! :thumbup:

Thank you so much! 

11 hours ago, Kalhiki said:

Ah! So I'm not the only one who thought wood when seeing Chewie's parts.

Nicely done MoC. Love the tree coming off his back.

Thank you! I just found the tree fitting for a forest golem made of wood.