Hello! Over the past two and a half months, I have been building this scene from LOTR in Hobbiton showing Sandyman's Watermill, The Brandywine Bridge, and the Brandywine River.

It is irregular on one of the sides, it ends up to roughly be around 70 x 70 studs, and is my third largest build! As I have said before, this took me two and a half months of on and off building. Overall, I think I worked on it for around 75 hours...  I estimate it used around 10000 pieces...

Anyways, now for the exciting part:

1508435148m_SPLASH.jpg

15084351491_SPLASH.jpg

15084351514_SPLASH.jpg

15084352946_SPLASH.jpg
The bridge definitely took the longest to complete, and it was what I started the build doing. The arches took me a couple tries to find, but I ended up doing the illegal technique with headlight bricks connecting front to back to create a gentle curve that worked great here IMO. After figuring out the arches, I began looking at a couple different stonework techniques by great builders all over, I still couldn't find one that fit the look of the inspiration picture I was looking at, so I decided I would make up my own technique, as you can see it is just simple SNOTed tiles with gaps to give it a little dimension. Next I started to build the watermill itself and continued the same stonework style with it. I used the generic tudor style for the build, and put a straw roof on top, which proved quite difficult because of the angles. Next it was on to landscape, where I did your average landscaping, and then covered it with plant leaves like my previous Hobbiton build. Then on to the water, which is trans. clear over different shades of blue.

I will be competing in the CCC this year, so expect some builds coming in a little quicker than usual. :)

For the WIP journey, and a few more pictures click here: Link. Please drop a like and a comment!

C&C Appreciated!

I hope you enjoyed!

To God be the glory!

Edited by TheLordOfBricks

Awesome tranquil feeling to this.  Love the leaves piled up as grass/moss and the bridge is just beautiful.

Thanks for the WIP pictures too!

:thumbup:

Lovely atmospheric and indeed tranquil scene. The stonework and landscaping are absolutely brilliant. Especially the subtle but very effective way you depict the flow of water around the bridge adds a nice touch. Great build! :classic:

That does look fantastic, TheLordOfBricks! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I really like all the details and the very realistic look like if it was an old picture of a famous painter.

Really liking the vegetation and rock work on the bridge and on the foundations of the buildings, the water is also nice and clean, and the whole size of the build is great. :classic: