Hello,

I present here a small agricultural tractor.

The origin of this model is simple. It has an educational value. I used the subject to begin explaining to my son the basic principles to achieve his own models.
The purpose was therefore to explain to him the following principles:

- Steering rack, steering wheel.
- How does a pendular axle work?
- The U-joint how does it work?
- Differential utility,
- Realization of a simple transmission,
- How to properly cross a transmission axle and a steering shaft,
- What is a gearbox? ; simplified application in on / off mode for a function.

There were finaly lots off things to explain. And the result is a nice tractor, playable  simple to build.
Here it is :

aQt2LF.jpg

About the design, we are on a MF235 base or something like that, (it's not really important;)
Some other views:
The rear linkage is three-point type, the PTO is in the central position, offset from the wheel axle for realizing a transmission axle with the gearbox wich is located under the steering wheel and allows to put the PTO on/off.

njOlBJ.jpg
Closer:

uRj5eb.jpg

The lifting is carried out by means of a simple mini-cylinder controlled by a crank located on the left side of the tractor:

HSsEAt.jpg
The hood is openable, of course, and we have a small engine L3 in direct drive on the differential of the rear wheels:

dEl5Pv.jpg

We added some details, such as a pseudo oil gauge:
eCBGqt.jpg

Small zoom on the PTO control, under the steering wheel:
uZaEZN.jpg

The front axle is pendular (thank you to the neighbor who showed it in real life to my son),

WDzlEr.jpg
a view of the driving position, with the high exhaust pipe , in order to not  'Gaz' the farmer :)

And finally the traditional view from below or we somewhat sacrificed the possibilities of crossing by installing the mini-actuator, but ...Who cares?
gNpZqM.jpg
In the end this Moc comes back to me rather well, it fulfilled its first role;)

What else?

Steph.

Edited by steph77
correction of google translate approximation ;)

Looks good! I love that you used this to learn your son the basic principles :wink:.

ope he will build something like this himself :laugh:

You should submit this to Ideas - it would make a lovely official set, at a nice low price point, ike an ideal intro to the Technic range.

What a wonderful MOC, project goal is reached, perfect demonstration material as all the functions are visible on the spot, still clean lines. I like it very much!

Should be an instant LEGO set.

3 hours ago, Paknaloid said:

You should submit this to Ideas - it would make a lovely official set, at a nice low price point, ike an ideal intro to the Technic range.

+1: Awesomely well done! I would buy this, no doubts.

19 hours ago, steph77 said:

I think you should use Claas tires on the back and add some trailers or other agricultural equipment.

The tumbler tires work really well as turf tires for a tractor, but in this case, this type of tractor is meant for out in a field plowing or seeding. 

I do like the MOC, but as others have mentioned, CLAAS tires would be better. 

Thanks all!

I do have tried the Claas tires but i needed to take the mudgards by two studs higher than actualy and it give him some disproportionnated look.

I'll try to post a picture in this configuration...

I like it, the best tires would be fischertchnic 80mm tractor pattern:

5034.jpg

They fit the same rim you have like they are from lego. I have them for same purpose - to build a smaller tractor but they are in drawer for quite a long time now, no time..

It kind of reminds of the original 851 - just a modern version - thats a compliment by the way!! 

if you've never seen this guys video's, you really need to.. they're totally awesome..

So here's an off topic, ultra nerd lego meets tractor question: 851 - is it based on an mf 165 or an mf 135?

Great model by the way @steph77

No idea for the reference model :wink:

Thanks for comments, i thought this topic asleep for a while :grin:

On 10/18/2017 at 7:25 PM, Paknaloid said:

On 10/18/2017 at 11:09 PM, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

+1: Awesomely well done! I would buy this, no doubts.

+2 I’d buy it today.

This is a terrific little build and as others have commented, it’s very reminiscent of the 851. Really well done.

This model isn't that complicated. I can make ldd model if you want. It can be done quite quickly. Max 600 parts I think.