Sign in to follow this  
Bricky921

Webcam problems and Windows 10

I have just updated to windows 10 and found that my Microsoft VX-6000 webcam won't work, it seems that this is a know issue. So I thought that I would get a Logitech C920 to replace it as it seems a popular choice  but have heard that there are also issues with this Cam and Windows 10. Can anyone confirm this.

Regards Keith

Don't buy anything until you speak to a Microsoft IT support agent. What is wrong with the webcam? When did it stop working in relation to new downloads?

My Microsft VX6000 webcam has never worked with Windows 10 but was OK on vista. Looking at various message boards this is a common problem due to the video format supported by the VX68000 not being supported by windows 

This prompted me to check that the same was not true with the Logitech C920. Apparently a lot of people had problems after installing the Anniversary update of Windows 10 last year and microsoft said they would fix it in later updates.

I have the C922 from Logitech and it works great! You can set the focus from software, quality of both video and sound is great. Some weeks ago I used it to broadcast a funeral service from about 50 meters away to a friend in the US with it and it worked well, also recording instructional videos with it works great!