Kozikyo86

[MOC] UCS First Order Heavy Assault Walker AT-M6

On 1/13/2018 at 9:25 PM, Forresto said:

Incredible Cross Sections for the Last Jedi. All of the cross section books are fantastic, couldn't recommend them enough!

Thank you very much. Just checked them, they're incredible!!

something is coming... :laugh: back legs are ready with instruction! Soon I'll make a small review,  I will discuss every stages of construction

Run!!!!!

11 hours ago, Kozikyo86 said:

First mini review - back legs are ready!:sweet:

<snip>

I really like those anal subtle changes you did all around. 20th one thing I would definitely restore are the older cam designs from the plus size AT AT as your brickbuilt design obviously doesn't connect to anything from the bottom. Still love it nonetheless

Edited by BEAVeR
Please don't quote videos

1 hour ago, SCREDEYE said:

I really like those anal subtle changes you did all around. 20th one thing I would definitely restore are the older cam designs from the plus size AT AT as your brickbuilt design obviously doesn't connect to anything from the bottom. Still love it nonetheless

I don't know what you talking about :laugh:

13 hours ago, Kozikyo86 said:

I don't know what you talking about :laugh:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=2739a&idColor=85#T=S&C=85&O={"color":85,"iconly":0}

This piece. It's used on the rogue one atst and plus size atat and it looks overall better than the custom design you made since it has two points of connection and moves with the feet

41 minutes ago, SCREDEYE said:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=2739a&idColor=85#T=S&C=85&O={"color":85,"iconly":0}

This piece. It's used on the rogue one atst and plus size atat and it looks overall better than the custom design you made since it has two points of connection and moves with the feet

but AT-M6 have other connections, I tried this piece and looks bad, I prefer my version :)

23 minutes ago, Kozikyo86 said:

but AT-M6 have other connections, I tried this piece and looks bad, I prefer my version :)

Didn't notice them. I'll wait for the final build to come out, I want to see the front legs and the body interior the most

The front leg is ready! It is stronger and more stable than I thought.  In a few days I will make a movie, I will show you one new function ... :wink:

Lego Star Wars UCS AT-M6 - Front leg is done!!

Edited by Kozikyo86

It looks great! The Lego version is really lacking in this department (though it's still a pretty good set). Even though the foot is rectangular in the movie they made it round, while the rectangular shape would've been so much easier to recreate with Lego. I also really like the thick joint and the rams. It really feels like a powerful set of knuckles and a strong wrist instead of a modified AT-AT leg like on the Lego version.

53 minutes ago, TrooperX said:

Loving the detail @Kozikyo86

Nicely done :) I'm patiently standing in line to buy the instructions :)

Thanks! I already have leg instructions in LDD, step by step, but I must to convert it to PDF :)

Tommorow I'm starting to build the main body... It will be a challenge 

4 hours ago, Kozikyo86 said:

Thanks! I already have leg instructions in LDD, step by step, but I must to convert it to PDF :)

Tommorow I'm starting to build the main body... It will be a challenge 

Good luck!

8 minutes ago, Kozikyo86 said:

This is Front Leg of my AT-M6

I noticed you're trying to go for the gorilla like position from the movie using the ball joints with the feet, let's hope it can support the body weight!

Edited by SCREDEYE

Hi!

The legs are ready, next step is main body! I have the first stage behind me, the most difficult thing is to attach the front legs ... :hmpf_bad:

More on my Flickr or YouTube channel!

UCS AT-M6 LEGO work in progress...

Wow, progress is picking up. With all the legs built, how are you finding the weight so far, especially in the front legs? Does it place any difficulties of the joints?

46 minutes ago, TheGeneralMoe said:

Wow, progress is picking up. With all the legs built, how are you finding the weight so far, especially in the front legs? Does it place any difficulties of the joints?

Thanks! Without problems :) The front legs are not so loaded yet, everything is strong and stable.