Cjd223

[Instructions] Mortesv's CR-90 Corvette - Blockade Runner (Tantive IV)

On 6/12/2018 at 2:01 PM, Bandit778 said:

@pandazerg

I have to be honest, I had the same issue with the above. 

To cut a long story short, I cheated.

I fitted the first set of plates, the first set of bricks and the second set of plates individually onto the shaft without the rest of the block, the second brick to go on the underside was excruciatingly tight but did go in with some force (which was when I decided to give up on the two sided bricks)

It looks like I am experiencing the same difficulties as the rest of you when putting the spine together. I see from the post that I quoted that it is at least possible to force one of the dual sided 1x2 pieces in place. Have any of you been able to muscle all if these into position? I tried with one, but wasn’t able to get it in. Do any of you that have finished the MOC have any suggestions for completing it according to the intended design?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Edited by NightmanCometh
Spelling

Just a suggestion, the Tantive IV's centre of gravity is actually where the centre pods are (where the rectangular antenna is positioned). 

I positioned mine without the rest of the stands :grin:

I just started building this, and I started to get flashbacks to mortsev's nebulon.  I almost started swearing when it came to putting together the spine together.  In terms of attaching the panels to the spine, based on lessons learned with the nebulon, I'm attaching the plates to the spine first, and then place the bricks onto the plates, so that there are no tears, when trying to attach a panel, with lots of greebling and detail.  I love Mortsev's model's, but some of the techniques are definitely reserved for the dark side of the force! 

On 7/28/2018 at 8:41 PM, Azrielsc said:

Just a suggestion, the Tantive IV's centre of gravity is actually where the centre pods are (where the rectangular antenna is positioned). 

What modifications did you make to the link between the front half and the rear engine block?  As the regular instructions only have it barely pressed together.  If there is one thing that I've been frustrated with the ship's design as a display piece is that I can't touch the ship without the two halves separating, and needing to be pressed back together.  

Pandazerg: I touched on this in the 6th post back on page one of this thread. Before the official instructions were out, it was reverse-engineered as chronicled here:

I've got LDD copies of the reverse engineered version which has the spine tied into the engine block. Read though that thread and see if it helps. Since you have purchased a copy of the official instructions, I'd be happy to send you a copy of the LDD instructions that show how that was done. PM me with your email address when you have enough posts. 

On 8/2/2018 at 9:25 AM, ecmo47 said:

Pandazerg: I touched on this in the 6th post back on page one of this thread. Before the official instructions were out, it was reverse-engineered as chronicled here:

I've got LDD copies of the reverse engineered version which has the spine tied into the engine block. Read though that thread and see if it helps. Since you have purchased a copy of the official instructions, I'd be happy to send you a copy of the LDD instructions that show how that was done. PM me with your email address when you have enough posts. 

ecmo47 & the rest of the guys on that thread have been really helpful and it made my build so much easier! :)

Hi all,

I'm new here and I have a few questions; maybe someone can help?

I'm planning to buy the instructions and the parts for this beauty!

I made a BrickLink wanted list and started browsing and there are some expensive pieces in the list. Do you know of alternatives (parts or colours) for these:

- 30033 - Plate, Modified 2 x 2 with Bar Frame Octagonal: do they have to be DBG (visible)?

- 4257 - Technic pin 1/2 white: do they have to be white (visible)?

- 3710 - Plate 1 x 4 trans-clear: could I just use 2 x Plate 1 x 2 trans-clear?

I think that's it!

Thanx in advance!

Good day @base_1

1. 30033: You can choose LBG or White, if u want to. Those are the octagonal pieces that are on the ends of engines, so definitely visible.

2. 4257: They don't have to be white. They are fitted to the ends of the turrents and i think 2 pieces are where the engines are. Visible but definitely no need to be white. Those white 4257s are so expensive!

3. 3710 Trans-clear: I can't remember where the 1x4 trans-clear piece goes to but I doubt its critical. 

Cheers! :)

Hey everybody, thank you for this amazing moc,

after buliding the nebulon B i am asking kindly if there can be any technic parts substituted with other colors?

maybe someone can help me?

best whishes Florian

The technic beams that make up the inner skeleton can be changed I believe.  Panels are placed all over so you should have no issue by switching those colors.

-Christian

On 7/29/2018 at 4:41 AM, Azrielsc said:

Hey, can you post an image of that please?

DSC02009

This is not truely CJD223 It's the mod that we made before his plans came out as linked to a few posts above.

Looks good on the one stand.....even though I'm wincing at such a large ship on only a single stand....the cat would not be able to resist it if I ever tried this at home.

On 1/8/2019 at 1:27 AM, ecmo47 said:

This is not truely CJD223 It's the mod that we made before his plans came out as linked to a few posts above.

Mind to share that mod? :D. That one you posted looks so clean w/o any useless stands. looks way better

19 hours ago, szimson said:

Mind to share that mod? :D. That one you posted looks so clean w/o any useless stands. looks way better

Out of respect for the folks that put much time into the creation of the model, I will not share my files unless you can prove that you have purchased an official copy of CJDs instructions. Shoot me a PM with an email address when you do. That being said, you can figure out most of the techniques we used in the extensive thread that we made while building it. Link posted above.

Edited by ecmo47

19 hours ago, ecmo47 said:

Out of respect for the folks that put much time into the creation of the model, I will not share my files unless you can prove that you have purchased an official copy of CJDs instructions. Shoot me a PM with an email address when you do. That being said, you can figure out most of the techniques we used in the extensive thread that we made while building it. Link posted above.

Yeah sure, I just sent you a pm. Thanks

On 1/15/2019 at 6:49 PM, ecmo47 said:

I downloaded the LDD file that had been posted in the old thread back before CJD's instructions were posted and the link was taken down. That said, I've just purchased CJD's instructions. Are there any other files related to your mods besides that LDD model? 

No, but I never posted a link. I jsut sent out my files via email attachment. The link must have been the one that Ekae had up for a while with his initial crack at the reverse-engineering which I then work out a lot of bugs as detailed in one of these threads.

Finally launched this beauty...with some mods.   Actually it's quite big!!  

Thank you both, Mortesv & Cjd223, for your excellent work