Cjd223

[Instructions] Mortesv's CR-90 Corvette - Blockade Runner (Tantive IV)

Finally, an official addition to your Rebel Fleet is here!  After over a year of tweaks and specifics, mortesv's CR-90 Corvette is officially ready to be released to the public!  The MOC itself contains 2,808 parts, and its manual is 133 pages long.  The MOC is built to the same scale as the Nebulon-B, making a perfect addition to a rebel fleet.

Lots of interest has been generated for this MOC, and mortesv and I are really glad to make its release to the community!  Looking forward to seeing all of the improved fleets as well as those that will begin with this ship.  If you would like to build this MOC, we are happy to share it with you in exchange for $30.  Included is the pdf instruction manual, an xml part list, LDD files, and any help you need throughout the process of making the MOCFor more information please PM me or contact me at chrdvorak@hotmail.com

A rebrickable page will be available soon, but for now the xml part list will be included

Here are some pictures of the MOC and of the pdf manual: https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/139982-moc-ucs-cr-90-corellian-corvette-–-blockade-runner-tantive-iv/

37055417714_4679f25015_k_d.jpg

37055417574_654d9af797_k_d.jpg

37094285153_69767b93f3_k_d.jpg

23911409918_3487d90de8_k_d.jpg

Edited by Cjd223
Title Fix

This is awesome! Will be making the request to purchase within the hour! Thanks so much for putting a lot of time and effort into this, @mortesv and @Cjd223! It’s beautiful!

I’m taking my LDD file away, now people can purchase this instead! ;)

BTW. Any updates on your next project(s), @mortesv? Maybe another hint? :)

Just now, EKae said:

This is awesome! Will be making the request to purchase within the hour! Thanks so much for putting a lot of time and effort into this, @mortesv and @Cjd223! It’s beautiful!

I’m taking my LDD file away, now people can purchase this instead! ;)

BTW. Any updates on your next project(s), @mortesv? Maybe another hint? :)

Thank you for the comments!  As for the future, I have a HUGE project coming up next, but I'm mortesv and I will begin to plan out some more projects once that is wrapped up...

Allirght! First the Nebulon-b tho :P But I would like the whole fleet too!

Thanks for providing these!

I'll buy the files as that it the right thing to do and I hope that all those individuals that I passed off plans to will have the integrity to do the same since that was one of my stipulations.

I am very interested in seeing the building differences between the Ekea model and Mortesv's. I already see one thing that I like better about the EKae version and that is the fact that the spine is tied into the engine block. From the above graphic, the engine block is a completely separate build and attaches to the fuselage by a mere 9 studs. This means that the block MUST be supported and the fuselage must have two supports. Also, it means that the model is not "swooshable" which is a real shame. With the spine tied into the block, a single support is possible as shown below.

DSC02089

@ecmo47 Thank you :)

The reason for constructing in two parts is because of ease of building -and to an extend that the model becomes slightly more precise this way ;)

However is looks great fewer stands :)

The version I made can also be made with fewer stands, but cjd used a slightly older ldd that had four stands in the back - two of those can be removed without consequence :)

Purchased the instructions, and they look great! I will be making a few mods to my current CR-90, to better match it with Mortesv’s. Multiple things I like better about Motesv’s design than mine. If I ever get around to building a second, it will be out of this! Thanks so much! :thumbup:

Time to put the money where my mouth is and purchase this! 

Maybe I can build a 2nd version (Mortesv) to go with my first one (ekae) but in different colours :laugh:

I bricklinked EKAE`s Tantive togeher with 4 other projects.  I paid for the Tantive parts about 160 € (+ shipping costs/ new and used parts and 15% of the parts I had at home).

I've uploaded the parts list to Bricklink and also went through the one on Rebrickable.  I'm not finding the white half cylinders (#85941?) on the list for the engines.  (maybe I'm just blind)  Should there be 22 of them?

2 hours ago, sandtrooper said:

I've uploaded the parts list to Bricklink and also went through the one on Rebrickable.  I'm not finding the white half cylinders (#85941?) on the list for the engines.  (maybe I'm just blind)  Should there be 22 of them?

It's part number 6259!
22 x 6259!

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=6259#T=C

We discussed engine cylinders someplace on one of these threads. The 6259 is 4 bricks high where the 85941 is 5 bricks tall. I used 85941 on my Ekae version but Mortesv's offical version used the shorter 4 brick tall ones.

I have the parts for EKae's version and just started building it last weekend when the instructions came out.  I have the 85941 pieces.  Do you think they will look too out of place?

Can anyone tell me where all the Trans-Clear parts are in this MOC please? I'm pricing up the parts to build this fantastic model and several of the Trans-Clear parts are rather hard to find here in Australia and international freight is prohibitive. If they are all in the stands, I am happy to modify the stands as I wont be displaying it as part of a fleet so it's not a big deal.

7 hours ago, SeanRicho said:

Can anyone tell me where all the Trans-Clear parts are in this MOC please?

I browsed through the instructions.  All of the trans-clear are for the stands.

10 hours ago, sandtrooper said:

I browsed through the instructions.  All of the trans-clear are for the stands.

Awesome. Thank you

On 10/21/2017 at 8:38 AM, vded said:

Thank you very much, checked them with the Bricklink. The part number 30162 Minifig, Utensil Binoculars Town in white isn't available as an item.

Guys any hint about this?

I'm certain that is just a goof on Cjd223's plans. I see from the above screen shot of page 68 that there are 2 white binos on the back of the radar pedestal but on Mortesv's original model those were LBG as you can see here:

Edited by ecmo47