Sign in to follow this  
Mesabi

[COR] A lap around the bay

Tags: Not a part of EGS

Count Mesabi took his new ship, the Copperhead for a spin with the Aurora.

37054445214_a595fdbfd7_z.jpgWTC exploration ships by North White, on Flickr

Soon, the Copperhead overtook the Aurora

37763606261_cecb7080b0_z.jpgWTC exploration ships by North White, on Flickr

37054445254_f8b992897a_z.jpgWTC exploration ships by North White, on Flickr

The Copperhead made it's way back to the docks. followed by the Aurora.

WTC Copperhead 

Class 3

Range = 4
Maneuver = 3
Firepower = 1
Crew = 1
Cargo = 4
Hull = 2

C&C appreciated, I just posted this topic so I can license her without using the AMCRA topic.

Cute little ship, I guess the white is a xebec? I like the grillage piece on the stern.

The color scheme looks good, I think you may use more plates to make the transition between white and brown less abrupt. 

1 hour ago, Bodi said:

Cute little ship, I guess the white is a xebec? I like the grillage piece on the stern.

The color scheme looks good, I think you may use more plates to make the transition between white and brown less abrupt. 

Thanks Bodi. I guess it is a Xebec. I can't find the reference photo for what she was based on. 

I'll try to make things less abrupt with my next ship. 

Fun little ship.  The cut sails look real good and the little details like the lanterns are noticed.  Pretty empty for a trade ship, so hopefully you have some luck at the next port. :)

That grill plate that the helmsman is standing on looks a bit precarious though.  If you had the bricks to build up a back wall for it, I think it would improve things.  If you look at a lot of the "higher end" ship MOCS, like the two recent Oleon first rates, a lot of the design fun is decorating the captain's cabin at the rear.  I realize you can only work with the bricks you have (I know it constrains what I can do a lot), but this is one of the areas where you can be pretty creative.

Bodi's recent Two Decker for example:

15082493242_DISPLAY.jpg

It does not have to be that elaborate either.  I am by no means a top end builder, but here are some pictures of some of my more recent ships (because my early work was pretty poor) to illustrate what I mean.

4GBp6B2.jpg

(The Sirrus is actually eerily similar in size and purpose to the Copperhead :pir-laugh:)

pqGOdlj.jpg

bRVWbsj.jpg

In my humble opinion, I think that this is the next design challenge for you to try out and I think it will add a lot to your next ship.

Edited by Kwatchi

3 hours ago, Kwatchi said:

Fun little ship.  The cut sails look real good and the little details like the lanterns are noticed.  Pretty empty for a trade ship, so hopefully you have some luck at the next port. :)

That grill plate that the helmsman is standing on looks a bit precarious though.  If you had the bricks to build up a back wall for it, I think it would improve things.  If you look at a lot of the "higher end" ship MOCS, like the two recent Oleon first rates, a lot of the design fun is decorating the captain's cabin at the rear.  I realize you can only work with the bricks you have (I know it constrains what I can do a lot), but this is one of the areas where you can be pretty creative.

In my humble opinion, I think that this is the next design challenge for you to try out and I think it will add a lot to your next ship.

Thanks! I'll take your advice for a back wall. I agree it needs to be built up. 

This is the Captain's Cabin of my next ship. It's all I've been able to work on while I wait for parts

23905778538_85210492d0_z.jpgBoBS teasers by North White, on Flickr

It it's fully decorated, but I've started.