Hey guys!

After working on this model for more than 6 months, we finally want to show you our new Tesla Model S:

Manual functions:

- openable doors, trunk and frunk (front trunk)

- foldable rear jumpseats

RC functions controlled by 2x Buwizz brick:

- RWD (8x PF l motor)

- steering (1x PF servo motor)

The biggest challenge was to bring the whole power to the wheels. The differential is powered from both sides and we use old style 9244a u-joints.

What is your opinion about this high count of motors? Do more motors really make the model faster or do they only increase the weight and part wear?

Awesome build! Very nice design (usually I prefer studded panels in old System style, but this one really looks good!)

I think, you underestimate the potential of your motors. The car has very good acceleration - it gets it's highest speed very quickly, but that is the chance to improve car's specs - maybe, it's time to add more gearing up? (sorry, if my English is a bit complex for understanding)

Probably, your car has a big part of unused torque, so - you can achive higher speed.

Very nice build. Looking forward to the buildinginstructions of this one.

Wow, that is an truly fast car. I love the space it offers inside, those doorhandles are brilliant and those seats in the back...:wub:

The shaping is a bit boxy though... I know it is very difficult to capture those subtle curves cars have nowadays, so that is nearly impossible to replicate, but a bit more curviness would have been nice. Nevertheless, the bodywork is smooth, the headlights are spot on, I like the the way you incorporated the chrome line in the back. Great build :thumbup:

Amazing work @Fosapifi!! I am especially fond of the door trim and the 8x motors! The manual functions replicate the real car so well, its a real beauty. :wub: You should share some of your photos here too!

I Love it! Love black too, good lines! Much functionality to play with. :) I'm not shure if I spotted an ancient U-joint. (and is this common? I'm fairly new here but still own some of those joints, they are strong)

I don't know, if I could tell from first look, that it is Tesla, maybe because it is too boxy. Maybe more panels or flex axles could help in design.

That functionality with seats is amazing, especially with those +2. 

And yes, charger is really cool feature.

Wow! At last! Was looking through this project in the Instagram for a couple of month! After work will see the video!

Love the design, I could recognize it as a Tesla right off! The trim looks great, as do the headlights. Functionality is awesome, as is the cargo capacity, excellent work there! :thumbup:  :laugh:

Do the three drive modes make much of a difference? Can you show the difference in driving ability?

And that charging station is a great addition! :laugh:

Looks great. Do you have any pictures apart from this video?

35 minutes ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Do the three drive modes make much of a difference? Can you show the difference in driving ability? 

The fast mode makes the Tesla pretty much double the speed compared to the slow mode. Buwizz also allows propotional speed which means the model drives in any speed you want from 0 to the maximal speed. 

29 minutes ago, zux said:

Looks great. Do you have any pictures apart from this video?

https://www.instagram.com/fosapifi_lego_technic_mocs/

What a cool electric car, thanks for sharing! The PF & BuWizz components herein are matching the real car in a wonderfull way in the spirit of Tesla :thumbup::thumbup:. The speed you could achieve at this scale is pleasantly surprising! I really wanna study the drivetrain and how you managed to hide so many devices underneath the brilliant designed interiour :look:... Would you mind to share some pictures of the chassis / underside?

1 hour ago, brunojj1 said:

I really wanna study the drivetrain and how you managed to hide so many devices underneath the brilliant designed interiour :look:... Would you mind to share some pictures of the chassis / underside?

Sorry, I have no idea how to upload pictures bigger than 0.1MB. I just posted some LDD renders of the drivetrain on Instagram. You will get a deeper look inside of the model when the building instructions are finished. 

Just now, Fosapifi said:

Sorry, I have no idea how to upload pictures bigger than 0.1MB. I just posted some LDD renders of the drivetrain on Instagram. You will get a deeper look inside of the model when the building instructions are finished. 

That´s pretty easy - you don´t need to upload anything, just copy + paste the direct link to your picture (not to website), preferably not bigger than 1000 pixels wide. Thanks for the LDD, I´ll take a look. And speed challenge accepted - I´m playing with 2x RC motors & 2x L motors hard coupled right now :wink:!

19 hours ago, brunojj1 said:

What a cool electric car, thanks for sharing! The PF & BuWizz components herein are matching the real car in a wonderfull way in the spirit of Tesla :thumbup::thumbup:. The speed you could achieve at this scale is pleasantly surprising! I really wanna study the drivetrain and how you managed to hide so many devices underneath the brilliant designed interiour :look:... Would you mind to share some pictures of the chassis / underside?

Yup..... agree with this.  In fact, I am not sure I have seen one of our supercars with so many L motors for drive.  Very clever.  In fact, in the opening video, at 2:45, if the video were slowed down I think  that we may even see some peeling out.  I am fairly positive we have not seen that before in such a large car.....

Not a fan of the car but what a superb job you have done here.  Many people have pointed out different things.  To somewhat quote brunojj1; you captured the essence of the car and made a technic version of it.  The speed reminds me of the ICARUS; however, that car weighed only 1.76kg so used four L motors.  Have you had any drivetrain issues?  Skipping of gears or damage?  I am impressed with the acceleration and speed with the 2.6kg weight you have achieved.

4 hours ago, technic_addict said:

Have you had any drivetrain issues?  Skipping of gears or damage? 

We had slipping gears only when driving against a wall. Surprisingly we had no problems with the u-joints. The axels are also in good condition because we lubricated the whole transmission.