jamie75

Millennium Falcon, 75192 in LDD

While I'm not sure how much this will help people right now. I am working on building 75192 in LDD. I am separating the build into "bags" like the set. When I finish this, I will try to put it all together without LDD crashing, but, with the number of pieces and number of angles, I don't know how that will work. 

I have read some people saying they don't have $800 to shell out for 75192 and they were thinking about bricklinking it. If so, this may be the way you want to do it. If it doesn't help anyone now, it will when this set is discounted. 

I will update and edit this as I finish "bags". I am on 8 now. I am still working on it.

Also, keep in mind, some pieces are not available in LDD. I will update as I come across them.

LDD files are in my Brickshelf gallery when modded.

Bag 1, The Frame:

75192_bag_01.jpg

705 pieces.

Bag 2, Landing Gear:

75192_bag_02.jpg

388 pieces. The 6 landing gear are identical to build. 

Bag 3, Forward Rooms, Gunner Seat, Greebling and Front Landing Gear:

75192_bag_03.jpg

545 pieces. Forward landing gear is the same as Bag 2. Missing stickers.

Bag 4, Rear Rooms:

75192_bag_04.jpg

457 pieces, missing are 4 Light Bluish Gray, 27263, Modified 2 x 2 Corner with Cut Corner - Facet, I used 14719 on the model. Missing stickers.

Bag 5, Rear Engines:

75192_bag_05.jpg

I couldn't get the boat rigging pieces on there, they won't flex. Also missing are 6 Trans Light Blue, Hose, Ribbed mm D. 26L. Not available in LDD.

458 pieces, 464 when you add the missing pieces/ hoses. 

Bag 6 , Forward Mandibles:

75192_bag_06.jpg

530 pieces. 

Bag 7, Underside of Mandibles:

75192_bag_07.jpg

295 pieces.

Which is odd, I figured this would be an even number since the builds are identical. I may have screwed up here, just noticed it when posting. 

Bag 8, various bits of the underside. 

75192_bag_08.jpg

356 pieces. 

Bag 9, Tops of the mandibles. 

75192_bag_09.jpg

426 pieces.

Nothing missing, but, the 2, 2 x 4 curved slope pieces are printed.

Bag 10, Final parts of the underside, including bottom Quad Laser. 

75192_bag_10.jpg

454 Pieces, but, 2 pieces are not available in LDD. 2 light Bluish Gray, 26599, Plate, Modified 2 x 4 with Pin Holes used on the boarding ramp.

Bag 11, Starting the top of the ship now.

75192_bag_11.jpg

361 pieces. Missing 8 White 30166, Minifig, Shield Rectangular with 4 Studs. If you are going to Bricklink this set, you can sub 30166pb01, same part, same color, just with a window print on it from 75166: First Order Transport Speeder Battle Pack. You get one in the Battle Pack. So Bricklink maybe with best option!! Also, after posting this, I realized i missed 2 pieces on the right section. So, the total for this "bag" is 369. The file on Brickshelf is correct. 

Bag 12, Top, back of the ship, Exhaust vents.

75192_bag_12.jpg

472 Pieces, but, there are 16 missing pieces, 27507, Tile, Round Corner 4 x 4 Macaroni Wide.

Bag 13, last 2 parts of the top exhaust vents. 

75192_bag_13.jpg

357 Pieces. I think from here on out all the bags/ sections should be 100%.

Bag 14, front, top of the saucer section. 

75192_bag_14.jpg

298 pieces.

Bag 15 more of the top, front of the saucer section, base for the radar dish and escape hatches on the sides. 

75192_bag_15.jpg

371 pieces.

Bag 16, Cockpit and hallways to it. 

75192_bag_16.jpg

483 pieces, I know I said everything should 100% since the update, but,the 2 sections of the cockpit are not included in this file. So, this bag has a grand total of 485.

Bag 17, last 2 sections of the saucer section, 2 radar dishes, Mynock, plaque, top gunner seat, and front thingies!

75192_bag_17.jpg

443 pieces. 

Jamie

Edited by jamie75

19 hours ago, All in the Reflexes said:

Great work Jamie, i was considering doing this myself but figured someone was already doing it as soon as the digital instructions were available :thumbup:

Thanks!

If you want to help, I am starting 10 now. Start 11 if you want. I am trying to do a bag a day.

PM me if you do!

Also, after building this beast for real, now doing it in LDD......................................

Jamie

On 10/17/2017 at 10:55 AM, jamie75 said:

75192 and they were thinking about bricklinking it.

There are 3 parts, which cost together some 250 EUR alone on bricklink. And those seems pretty rare parts. So it wont be cheap anyway.

My first Work with LDD on my MAC, i finished Step 11, but now, i must go new ways, because i think, i reach the ldd limits.

r2d3

59f56bfb39cd4_Bildschirmfoto2017-10-28um07_29_24.png.aa90c510db01fdeb840f7033d2ebf201.png

I am in the process of making it in LDD too. I had to do some tweaks though.

1. Some corner tiles aren't in LDD so I used a more "round" solution.

2. The blue stripes for the engine are also missing. The required size is longer than the max available. So I had to use a peg connector with the largest available and a smaller one.

3. The nose of the falcon which uses the hinge tiles, as usual, doesn't match so I had to remove the hinges to make it kinda fit.

4. The grating of the engine is not also flexible, so I had to use some smaller lattices and connect them together. Looks kinda neat.

I will post pictures when I finish the beast.

On 2017-10-25 at 9:00 AM, Jurss said:

There are 3 parts, which cost together some 250 EUR alone on bricklink. And those seems pretty rare parts. So it wont be cheap anyway.

Which parts?  Curious to know.

17 hours ago, ic3cold said:

Which parts?  Curious to know.

The  Dejarik Table, is about $40.

The upper part of the cockpit is about $100.

The windows for the gunner seats are about $30 each. You need 2, but, you could skip the bottom one, if you wanted.  

The front of the cockpit are about $30.

The lower half of the cockpit is about $75.

The boat rigging pieces have come down alot to about $25 each. You need 2. 

The round radar dish is going for about $75

The trans blue tubing for the engines are "cheap" they are $11 to $20 each and you you need 6 of them. 

These pieces come up to about $550, without shipping.

But, I assume Juruss was talking about the 3 cockpit pieces. 

Jamie

Edited by jamie75

48 minutes ago, jamie75 said:

The boat rigging pieces have come down alot to about $25 each. You need 2. 

I was meaning these and the dish.

Those rigging parts was at that moment still close to 100. Yes, You can buy other color, which is cheap, and color them. One USA seller is still asking 900$ (nine hundred)

Wow.  Craziness!!  I guess just wait and buy the MF directly when it's back in stock.

Edited by ic3cold

22 hours ago, Wonderpants said:

Are you able to post the LDDs you've done so far, there's some mods I'd like to do on the framework?

The files are in my brickshelf account, link in my sig.

I also got slammed at work and plan on finishing the files when I get a chance. Hopefully I can get one to two done later this week.

Jamie

I did finish it too. I thought I uploaded it all to brickshelf. Wow, I was wrong! Never update this thread either. I remember taking a break from it and when Lego released the parts pack with the missing pieces for the Falcon in LDD. I finished it up. Namely the 4x4 quarter round tiles. There were a few more.

My brain my have been on vacation!

I'll get this finished up tonight. 

Unfortunately a most important part is missing from LDD even with the latest update. I'm talking about the half cone wall 5x4 which is required for the cockpit. I had to improvise and use the 3x4 half cone, thus making it smaller but bearable. Other than that, all parts were there. Also LDD's latest "hide" function is a huge help for this set.

Also the engine blue stripes are still missing so I had to connect two of them to reach the required length. The engine grating also required a custom solution.

All in all I started the set from scratch in LDD and realized that it handles the angles and a bit better.

Done!

When I add the bags together, I a grand total of 7435, so the missing 25 pieces, I am assuming are mini figs?

Not sure!! But, it is build this way. 

Enjoy!

Edited by jamie75

Is it cheaper to buy via Bricklink vs the actual set?  I would think the actual set might be cheaper in the end. Does anyone know for sure?

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 9:19 PM, jamie75 said:

Thanks!

If you want to help, I am starting 10 now. Start 11 if you want. I am trying to do a bag a day.

PM me if you do!

Also, after building this beast for real, now doing it in LDD......................................

Jamie

Hi Jamie, thanks for doing this! I downloaded the file for Bag 10 but it looks like it's not all there, I'm only seeing one section instead of both with the quad cannon. Could you have a look?

This is very considerate! Definitely a great way to build the set if you don't have the instructions!

7 hours ago, TravisH44 said:

Hi Jamie, thanks for doing this! I downloaded the file for Bag 10 but it looks like it's not all there, I'm only seeing one section instead of both with the quad cannon. Could you have a look?

Bag(s) 10 only builds the bottom gun, the round part around it and the bottoms of the escape pods. 11 builds the tops of the escape pods. 17 builds the top gun and round part around it plus some other bits.