BrickbyBrickTechnic

[MOC] CLAAS Xerion 5000 Saddletrac | 42054 C Model

This project was a little different for me. I saw this vehicle in the 42054 the minute I first saw it. I actually intended this to be my first model from 42054, but got absorbed in the crop sprayer instead. Now, here I am, nearly 3 months later, having finally built it: the CLAAS Xerion 5000 Saddletrac. My model features 3 steering modes, 3 PTOs (1 back, 1 front, 1 top) and 2 attachments: a lawn mower and a counterweight. Check the video out for more:

Pictures, It stopped raining for 10 mins and I got these:

2017-10-15-19-42-02

2017-10-15-19-43-34

2017-10-15-19-44-51

The lawn mower attachment looks terrible, so I didn't bother including a picture. If you want one, tell me.

Thank you!

Wow, you certainly are the 42054 C-model master! You've already made 3 C-models, and they are all just as amazing! - not to mention how much better they are than TLG's B-model - if you can call it that...

@BrickbyBrickTechnic as I already said it is nice model, but there are some small things to complain:

- there is only 4000 model with SaddleTrac configuration (if I remembered correctly)

- stairs are on the right side of Tractor :wink:

Other things are OK. It looks very well proportioned :thumbup:

Well... it's another c-model of 42054 from you, and its fantastic! Nothing out of the ordinary :)
What's next? A fully functional automaton? A computer? Whatever it is, kudos to you for making such awesome things :D

9 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

Wow, you certainly are the 42054 C-model master! You've already made 3 C-models, and they are all just as amazing! - not to mention how much better they are than TLG's B-model - if you can call it that...

Haha, Thanks! I personally would call it a b model- it's a very nice attachment. However, full rebuilds are nice too :laugh:

8 hours ago, I_Igor said:

- there is only 4000 model with SaddleTrac configuration (if I remembered correctly)

- stairs are on the right side of Tractor :wink:

Other things are OK. It looks very well proportioned :thumbup:

Thanks! There is, in fact, a 5000 model- I found a picture:

Image result for claas xerion 5000 saddle trac

Of course, I may be wrong and this may just be a 4000.

Also, what about the stairs? They are supposed to be on the left. Perhaps I didn't understand :look:

6 hours ago, ThatOneBuilder said:

Well... it's another c-model of 42054 from you, and its fantastic! Nothing out of the ordinary :)
What's next? A fully functional automaton? A computer? Whatever it is, kudos to you for making such awesome things :D

Thank you! Next is the continuation of a project I put on hold some time ago :thumbup: then an attachment for this tractor.

Just now, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Thanks! There is, in fact, a 5000 model- 

Yes, but only in FS2017. Not a real one.

Yes stairs should be on the left side as on image you posted :wink:

there is two sets of stairs so maybe there is confusion there.

anyway this thing looks awesome! I have still to build the 42054 but from all I've seen so far, this should be the B model (retaining CLASS licence use etc). nicely done :thumbup:

2 hours ago, MangaNOID said:

there is two sets of stairs so maybe there is confusion there.

anyway this thing looks awesome! I have still to build the 42054 but from all I've seen so far, this should be the B model (retaining CLASS licence use etc). nicely done :thumbup:

If you look at this picture you can see that stairs are only on left side, but is it possible that they are on other side Down Under because you drive on left side of the street? :look:

dcfa04ffeff00561b721d293fcafeb29.jpg

I assume that @BrickbyBrickTechnic decide to make 4000 SaddleTrac and not 3300/3800 SaddleTrac

Just now, I_Igor said:

decide to make 4000 SaddleTrac

I did decide to make the 4000.

Just now, I_Igor said:

Thank you so much :classic: 42054 is an awesome set!

I did decide to make the 4000.

Thank you so much :classic: 42054 is an awesome set!

I know, 42054 is great set. I would like to have another two sets, but this month when Technic sets are on discount, I have to pay for my car's registration :sad:

(I'm working on 3800 SaddleTrac...when I found some time)

Edited by I_Igor

Ohhh... my bad.

Perhaps it is a clairvoyant ability, so CLAAS could make Xerion SaddlTrac 5000 in near future :laugh:   

Hi @BrickbyBrickTechnic, I think I remember you saying you were going to produce instructions for this Saddle Trac - is that correct? I’m planning on building each of your alternative models for 42054 in turn, and wondered if this one is still a wip regarding instructions (my personal fave of your brilliant CLAAS b/c/d Mocs).

8 hours ago, Paknaloid said:

Hi @BrickbyBrickTechnic, I think I remember you saying you were going to produce instructions for this Saddle Trac - is that correct? I’m planning on building each of your alternative models for 42054 in turn, and wondered if this one is still a wip regarding instructions (my personal fave of your brilliant CLAAS b/c/d Mocs).

That is exactly correct- instructions will be released this weekend because I am starting another C model.

Just now, Paknaloid said:

c model for the CLAAS

It will be a backhoe inspired by the JCB 5CX Wastemaster :classic: built from CLAAS of course! I also have yet to do 1 last 42043 c model.

Nice!  Will you in corporate the bucket from 42043's crane?  Obvs that would stop it being a true c model, but I have a spare bucket so it'd suit me :laugh:

8 hours ago, Paknaloid said:

Nice!  Will you in corporate the bucket from 42043's crane?

No. The front will have an attachment like M_Longer's 42054 C model because those actually exist, and for the rear, I will try to make one with all the black pieces.