I've created my first custom train and it's a monorail. The concept behind the display is based on Blaine the Mono from Stephen King's sci-fi/fantasy/western book The Dark Tower III.  I displayed the train over this weekend at a comic convention and it went over well even though the source is somewhat obscure, people liked the train and the volcano a lot. They couldn't seem to figure out how the train knew when to stop :laugh:

Here's the full 5x8 layout from Brickworld 2018 and BrickUniverse 2018.

Here's a shot of the whole smaller layout first.

37436518110_868da151dc_c.jpg

And now the train itself.

37724840751_81c9cd6dfb_c.jpg

23872035218_4b63f9c021_c.jpg

37724838391_aca0c5846f_c.jpg

Nice. I guess no one at the con figured out the secret knobs to make the Blaine mono crash.

Just now, dr_spock said:

Nice. I guess no one at the con figured out the secret knobs to make the Blaine mono crash.

They mostly guessed that's what did it, but were trying to make it lots more complex. Thinking it was some sort of micro sensor or magnets. :laugh: though some walked away confused but too afraid to ask how it worked. One guy couldn't seem to comprehend that it was a manual switch until I showed it to him.

Updated first post with the full layout video. Still looking for photos of the full layout from Brickworld and Brickuniverse.