Sign in to follow this  
Rustinidiel

Spock hair

hi, i try to create a little diorama about Star Trek...

i have one problem:

i found on bricklink some hair part with elf ears, but i not found them in black hair color and light flesh ears...

but searching with google i found theese photos:

Goodbye Mr. Spock by Kristi, su Flickr

Lego Minifig Star Trek - Captain Kirk, Spock (Custom Bricks) by La Petite Brique, su Flickr

e2c5d5e6790a49feded05f584b0db4ee--lego-f

than... theese hair are a custom parts or a render with custom color?

i need exactly theese hair

Edited by LuxorV
Images too big. Resize before deeplinking.

That hairpiece seen there originally was introduced for the CMS S3 Elf figure, done in blonde with yellow ears. I'm pretty sure that is the only time we have seen that hairpiece so far, and in no other recolors; so if I were to guess, that's probably a paint-over.

Unless...

...what we are seeing is an upcoming recolor to be used by TLBM characters Zan and Jayna, rumored to be coming in the second TLBM CMS slated for January next year.

As you can see from this concept art, they both don that exact same hairpiece in that recolor. 

32904378615_2871fb5386_z.jpg

22 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

That hairpiece seen there originally was introduced for the CMS S3 Elf figure, done in blonde with yellow ears. I'm pretty sure that is the only time we have seen that hairpiece so far, and in no other recolors; so if I were to guess, that's probably a paint-over.

Unless...

...what we are seeing is an upcoming recolor to be used by TLBM characters Zan and Jayna, rumored to be coming in the second TLBM CMS slated for January next year.

As you can see from this concept art, they both don that exact same hairpiece in that recolor. 

wow thanks for the information!!!

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page, and especially the post above yours. Thank you.

5 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Slight correction– the hairpiece has been recolored and reused twice already, though not in ways that fit Spock. After the elf, it was redone with Dark Brown hair and Reddish Brown ears on Man-Bat. That could work for, say, Tuvok, or a different dark-skinned Vulcan, though the hair  is longer than his was.

Then, it was done in a Dark Green/Green combo for Beast Boy.

2 hours ago, N_Cat said:

Slight correction– the hairpiece has been recolored and reused twice already, though not in ways that fit Spock. After the elf, it was redone with Dark Brown hair and Reddish Brown ears on Man-Bat. That could work for, say, Tuvok, or a different dark-skinned Vulcan, though the hair  is longer than his was.

Then, it was done in a Dark Green/Green combo for Beast Boy.

that means the hair in the pic i sent in irst post are a custom parts or a computer render? if it was a paint job... is an exellent work

2 hours ago, N_Cat said:

Slight correction– the hairpiece has been recolored and reused twice already, though not in ways that fit Spock. After the elf, it was redone with Dark Brown hair and Reddish Brown ears on Man-Bat.

Not Man-Bat. It was the CMF werewolf: 

col060.png

93230pb02.png

Back to the OP, if you don't mind going non-purist, Kre-O do a Spock hairpiece with fleshy ears that better captures Spock's hairstyle. The flesh tone is pretty close to LEGO's. It's not a perfect match, but it doesn't stand out as wrong either. In terms of size, it fits LEGO. The problem with it is the quality of the printing which is messy around some of the edges. 

2 hours ago, AmperZand said:

Back to the OP, if you don't mind going non-purist, Kre-O do a Spock hairpiece with fleshy ears that better captures Spock's hairstyle. The flesh tone is pretty close to LEGO's. It's not a perfect match, but it doesn't stand out as wrong either. In terms of size, it fits LEGO. The problem with it is the quality of the printing which is messy around some of the edges. 

I found on google a pic of Kre-O spock... to have his hair, the possibility is only buy the ull set of the enterprise... only for one part i think is not a good deal... and i not like so mutch the design of that part, is more close to Spock hairstyle, but is so different than Lego design...

i prefer to wait the collectible minifigure lego batman movie... if Lego will make the minifigs with the hair i need

Edited by Rustinidiel

8 hours ago, AmperZand said:

Not Man-Bat. It was the CMF werewolf:

Yes, the Man-Bat ears were much larger, too big for Spock!

10301pb03.png

If they don't come in those new figures, I suggest colouring the piece with a black alcohol based marker pen rather than paint. Then colour the ears by using "lego paint" - dissolve an old fleshie head in minimal acetone and use it as paint.