-4 link suspension
-portal axles
-rc 108 mm tires
-3s li-fe battrey
-2 buggy motors
-1 sbrick
I hope you like it:classic:
Let's see it in action!

This is my favorite rock crawler because it is so fast! I have waited for someone to make a rock crawler that doesn't use a geared down XL motor:laugh: How did you connect the Li-Fe battery?

4 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Awesome! What do the linear actuators do?

Thanks! I use linear actuators like suspension links.They long enough and works good.

4 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

This is my favorite rock crawler because it is so fast! I have waited for someone to make a rock crawler that doesn't use a geared down XL motor:laugh: How did you connect the Li-Fe battery?

Oh, I think that's a good idea! With 9,9 volt battery xl motor should give enough torque and rpm for rock crawler
For connecting i use electrical plate from lego battery box with some modifications. :wink:

Argh! NOOO!! You beat me to it! I just bought two buggy motors for a planned fast crawler/buggy machine! :cry_sad:

:laugh: Hate to say because you did it before me, but excellent model! Love the responsive suspension, it works really well! Can you show in detail what you did to adapt the battery pack?

On 15.10.2017 at 11:33 PM, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Argh! NOOO!! You beat me to it! I just bought two buggy motors for a planned fast crawler/buggy machine! :cry_sad:

:laugh: Hate to say because you did it before me, but excellent model! Love the responsive suspension, it works really well! Can you show in detail what you did to adapt the battery pack?

Thank you:laugh:
So..
i connect battery and sbrick,something like there:
9MjSMWF98Yw.jpg

red and black wires go to the electrical plate(from lego battery box 8881)with locked polyswitch.
white adapter goes to the battery.
ttiXk3fieTk.jpg

On 16.10.2017 at 4:51 PM, technic_addict said:

Performs excellent, but it is more like a dune buggy performance than rock crawler.  How does it perform at much steeper angles?

The center of the mass are not very high.But i can't say for sure about maximum climbing angle.

Maybe on weekend i test the rock crawler in different climbs and then tell you about it.

8 minutes ago, Toni-23 said:

The center of the mass are not very high.But i can't say for sure about maximum climbing angle.

Maybe on weekend i test the rock crawler in different climbs and then tell you about it.

I actually believe the torque from the buggy motors will be the issue, not necessarily the COG.  I look forward to seeing the results!  If it has good torque, I would love to build this using Buwizz and using the slow setting for rock climbing and fast speed for everything else.

On 17.10.2017 at 10:45 PM, technic_addict said:

I actually believe the torque from the buggy motors will be the issue, not necessarily the COG.  I look forward to seeing the results!  If it has good torque, I would love to build this using Buwizz and using the slow setting for rock climbing and fast speed for everything else.

hi!
as I promised, here is a short video about the hillclimb .
angle is about 45 degrees.

Wheels are spinning?   Sounds and looks like it. 

As others have mentioned, wonderful build.  And kudos for branching out and improving the electronics.  I also agree with @technic_addict however, I think this is more of a buggy than a crawler.  Even if your machine has the power, you don't want things geared up that fast.  Too easy to spin the tires.....

looks like a rock bouncer

I've made multiple 2x buggy motor rock crawlers/bouncers.

What overall gear ratio are you running?

What is the total weight?

I've discovered that I can run 2x buggy motors at 5:1 with 108mm tires on a 3s lipo and it provides entertaining performance

3 hours ago, AndyCW said:

I've discovered that I can run 2x buggy motors at 5:1 with 108mm tires on a 3s lipo and it provides entertaining performance

What are you using to control that? Both the Sbrick and PF can't handle that high voltage...

10 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

Wheels are spinning?   Sounds and looks like it. 

As others have mentioned, wonderful build.  And kudos for branching out and improving the electronics.  I also agree with @technic_addict however, I think this is more of a buggy than a crawler.  Even if your machine has the power, you don't want things geared up that fast.  Too easy to spin the tires.....

this crawler was built for fun& fast drive on different kinds of surfaces.
not for slow hill-climbing
:classic:

6 hours ago, AndyCW said:

looks like a rock bouncer

hmm,you are right. running at 10,8 volt model still going really fast(for trial machine):wink:

What overall gear ratio are you running?

total gear ratio is about 13,8:1(slow mode) and 8,3:1(fast mode)

What is the total weight?

i dont know the exact weight of the model,but it's  about 1 kg i think

3 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

What are you using to control that? Both the Sbrick and PF can't handle that high voltage...

Unfortunately yes.
max voltage,that we can use with sbrick-10,8v
but i know some peoples,who running srick with 3s li-po. Overall i'm don't recommend you do like that,because you can damage the sbrick.

I use a Pololu TReX DMC and a 2.4 Ghz radio system;  mounted inside of an old 4.5v C cell lego battery box I had lying around.

Using Philo's motor specs and assuming a linear relation between current consumption and torque output, even the Sbrick and BuWiz will limit the power output of the 5292 buggy motor.  The above motor controller has enough power to supply 4x 5292 buggy motors at full power.  Where either of the other two options struggle to fully feed one of them.

My signature has some links that demonstrate the available performance.

2 hours ago, AndyCW said:

I use a Pololu TReX DMC and a 2.4 Ghz radio system;  mounted inside of an old 4.5v C cell lego battery box I had lying around.

Using Philo's motor specs and assuming a linear relation between current consumption and torque output, even the Sbrick and BuWiz will limit the power output of the 5292 buggy motor.  The above motor controller has enough power to supply 4x 5292 buggy motors at full power.  Where either of the other two options struggle to fully feed one of them.

My signature has some links that demonstrate the available performance.

Good idea!:thumbup:
It would be interesting to test this system, compare it with sbrick.