Flavius Gratian

[COR - FB] Small sugar plantation

To Hugo Lavendwood of the Lavendwood Commercial Trading Agricultural and Manufacturing Enterprise Limited,

My mission has been a success. As per your instructions I have inquired as opportunity for sugar production at Port Raleigh. I am pleased to report that the fertile land along the  River Queens is perfect for sugar. Using the funds you sent with me I have already bought a suitable piece of land. Further, the colony is experiencing an influx of new settlers so there has been no trouble hiring able workers. In summary the plantation is up and running and can be expected to turn profits in about a month.

Your obedient servant,

Richard

So this is my first property, establishing the Lavendwood etc. Enterprise Limited operations in the colonies. It will be licenced as a small plantation in Port Raleigh.

36999280664_abbfb08363_z.jpgSugar plantation

Here are some of the workers harvesting sugar canes,

37451818650_e59d0fddc9.jpgWorkers

others loading barrels with sugar juice,

36999281424_07ff9bfa65.jpgLoading barrels

and some keeping the horses happy while waiting to transport the sugar to town.

36999280434_c0a4205abd.jpgTransport cart

Finally, I added a small, improvised sugar mill inside the house as I thought it would be more efficient to produce the juice on sight, but I'm not sure how accurate that would be

37000048514_044bbb66e2.jpgSmall scale mill

Edited by Flavius Gratian

I'm loving the different builds of sugar cane everyone is using, I may need to join in some time. I like the variation of colours on the building and roof and the figure posing is great. Well thought out story too, well done! 

Nice plantation and I like the walls of the building and interior mechanisms as well! Rendering is nice too (very cartoonish)

3 hours ago, Spud The Viking said:

I like the variation of colours on the building and roof 

Thanks! To be honest I've stolen the general concept from other people around here, but I think it works

42 minutes ago, blackdeathgr said:

Rendering is nice too (very cartoonish)

Thanks! I'm not very adept at working in LDD so I havn't actively chosen a style. I just maxed all the graphic settings and assumed it would look good.