Itaria No Shintaku

The Greatest Pirate Set of all times! THANKS FOR PLAYING

For my parts needs I'd rather have Forbidden Cove. I think I did once upon a time.
London Escape! Parts! Parts! Parts!
Forbidden Island! Castle parts! Pirates parts! Ugly monkey, oh my!

Edited by gedren_y

Pirates was for me personally the moment, when Lego really took off back in '89 (AD^^). So many new pieces, Minifig accessories, prints, sails made from cloth - it really catapulted things to a new level like probably no new theme before or after. I have so fond memories on it. Lego Pirates was the coolest thing on earth at that time! :classic:

Yes, a nostalgic greatest-of-all poll. 'Crummy' ramp and pit baseplates for the win! Eldorado, Imperial Trading Post, Skulls Eye Schooner, Imperial Flagship, some really classic and legendary Lego sets from many an AFOL dark ages. 

The only one of these sets I own is 4191 Captain's Cabin. However I like the London Escape a lot better so it got my vote. I do love classic pirates theme but none of the ones in this round are the better ones imo.

On 10/15/2017 at 12:36 PM, Littleworlds said:

Pirates was for me personally the moment, when Lego really took off back in '89. So many new pieces, Minifig accessories, prints, sails made from cloth - it really catapulted things to a new level like probably no new theme before or after. I have so fond memories on it. Lego Pirates was the coolest thing on earth at that time! :classic:

Agreed fully.

As for the poll: Eldorado, Kahuka, Forbidden Island for me!

Its tough competition for any set wnen a large ship is in the mix, but I went for the shipwreck defense for its low price and outstanding piece and accessory-content. i should have got more than only two. Its a brilliant army builder!:classic: