Itaria No Shintaku

The Greatest Pirate Set of all times! THANKS FOR PLAYING

1 hour ago, dr_spock said:

Soldier's Fort (it was one of my first pirate sets)

Same that's why I love it so much 

memories.....

10 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Your poll lists the Black Pearl but shows the QAR...

You are totally right and the Black Pearl is already on the next round.

So the correct vote is between the Clipper and the Queen Anne's Revenge.

I extended the voting time to let the people vote.

No real surprises in this round of 16. May I suggest more "fair" pairings for the coming polls? Ship vs. ship, island build vs. island build, etc - basically things in the "same weight class". To me, too many of the previous polls were rather pointless due to an obvious winner paired with something without a chance.

Edit: Just noticed one terribly odd thing. Where in the seven Brickhells is the "Black Seas Barracuda"?! Propably THE most iconic Lego ship ever, and not among the last 16? What insanity is this? *huh*:thumbdown:

Edited by Drunknok

15 hours ago, Drunknok said:

No real surprises in this round of 16. May I suggest more "fair" pairings for the coming polls? Ship vs. ship, island build vs. island build, etc - basically things in the "same weight class". To me, too many of the previous polls were rather pointless due to an obvious winner paired with something without a chance.

Edit: Just noticed one terribly odd thing. Where in the seven Brickhells is the "Black Seas Barracuda"?! Propably THE most iconic Lego ship ever, and not among the last 16? What insanity is this? *huh*:thumbdown:

There really is no "greatest of all time." It's all a matter of opinion. A better way of ranking would probably be to list all the sets and have people rank their top-10 or top-20 numerically, and the lowest total score after all votes are counted "wins." Yes, it would be tedious, but with enough people voting a reasonably accurate representation of preferences would be produced across the whole range of sets, and it would eliminate having a situation like this where one of the most iconic sailing ships of all (the BSB) is absent while the comparatively lowly Lagoon Lock-Up made it. But none of this really matters anyway.

I think the particular format in use here works great for something like CMFs which are all just variations of the same basic concept, and not so great when there is significant variation in size, piece count, complexity etc like these 96 sets.

But it will be interesting to see what the small number of voters selects as The GOAT.

Edited by Captain Dee

5 hours ago, Drunknok said:

Just noticed one terribly odd thing. Where in the seven Brickhells is the "Black Seas Barracuda"?! Propably THE most iconic Lego ship ever, and not among the last 16? What insanity is this? *huh*:thumbdown:

It narrowly lost to the Skulls Eye Schooner in a match that should probably have been the final pairing. I agree -- insanity!

Eldorado and Queen Ann's for me. Also the loss of The Black Pearl has been the most upset I have been about a set not making it so far.