2 hours ago, Erik Leppen said:

The only thing I find a bit less succesful is the wacky function. It feels a bit too simple for me. But for the rest, it looks awesome (and I don't know anything about the original). Some great parts usage (indeed, the wheel arch panels are wonderfully used here) and seeing this new color being used so well makes me want it even more.

Wonderful, and the chassis seems pretty intricate too. I love creations like this - modest scale, original, colorful, no wasted space. And your photography skills are very good as well.

Thank you ! I know that the wacky function can be considered as too simple but I found the idea funny so I tried it. 

2 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

Then what was the idea of the contest?

This is what I was thinking too. I saw the video on YouTube before it was posted here and my first thought was: Charbel is entering, we can all go home now :wink:.

2 hours ago, MajklSpajkl said:

Podium. Nothing else to say:thumbup:

C'mon there is so much better. @kodlovag entry is on another level. 

2 hours ago, Nebulaire said:

Saw that yesterday, they somehow managed to share it before I uploaded the video and created this topic haha.

Anyway, it is up to to the voters to consider if this creation is in the sprit of the contest, or not. :classic:

14 minutes ago, Charbel said:

Thank you ! I know that the wacky function can be considered as too simple but I found the idea funny so I tried it. 

I do agree there are good ones, but the execution is on another level!

10 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

I think, we need to build some kind of our own idea, how some wacky car should look like, and some more real wacky function. Of course, this just my opinion.

12 hours ago, Charbel said:

Okay, but in the 'fantasy' category you score very high. It's the complete picture, cartoonish looks, fantasy features and the execution level that make this a fine model. And don't get me wrong, I only appreciate people (established designers) like you entering the contest. It gives even more color to the already high diversity.

4 hours ago, Jurss said:

I think, we need to build some kind of our own idea, how some wacky car should look like, and some more real wacky function. Of course, this just my opinion.

That was my interpretation too, but I have come to believe that the charm of this contest is that there is so much room for interpretation.

Edited by Didumos69

15 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

To make the craziest and wackiest vehicle possible, to enter in the craziest and wackiest race ever!

14 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

I have no chance with this in.

No offence, but to be honest, you didn't really have much chance anyway... It's just not wacky enough - it just looks like a car with a couple of guns on it - which is a bit disappointing... you really should have put some more thought into it... :look:

Edited by mocbuild101

9 minutes ago, mocbuild101 said:

No offence, but to be honest, you didn't really have much chance anyway...

Woah

23 minutes ago, mocbuild101 said:

No offence, but to be honest, you didn't really have much chance anyway...

That's offence, even with "no offence" before it. The reason it's offence is that you don't explain your position, making your remark useless to the receiver.

But let's not have this discussion here - take it to the topic of the entry in question.

10 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

you don't explain your position

I've fixed that now...

But yes, we should get back to topic.

2 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

No offence, but to be honest, you didn't really have much chance anyway... It's just not wacky enough - it just looks like a car with a couple of guns on it - which is a bit disappointing... you really should have put some more thought into it... :look:

Maybe my interpretation of wacky is different, but what is one reply going to change my car. Mine is similar in a way to @koldovag's vehicle, that they are alternative ways of spinning or flipping. However, I imagine you would have the same thing had I made his entry, and if he made mine. Correct?

Discuss this more in my discussion topic, if you have more to say...

Guys, we are here for fun not about winning. :sweet: 

2 hours ago, kodlovag said:

I did not followed the forum during the weekend, and I almost missed this beauty!

Thank you !

Edited by Charbel

7 minutes ago, Charbel said:

Guys, we are here for fun not about winning.

I know, sorry for any disparaging thoughts against you.

Edited by Aventador2004

15 hours ago, Charbel said:

Not only funny, but this type of wacky function is completely in the style of the cartoon. Even it defying the laws of physics for lift by being too small is totally cartoonish. Love it. Perhaps it is pretty simple, but it totally fits. 

15 hours ago, Charbel said:

Well, there are usually three spots on the podium ;-)

And your entry definetly is in the spirit od the contest IMO. Good luck on voting.

Best regards, Miha

52 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

I know, sorry for any disparaging thoughts against you.

Oh, it wasn't meant to you. I was speaking more generally. 

10 minutes ago, Appie said:

Not only funny, but this type of wacky function is completely in the style of the cartoon. Even it defying the laws of physics for lift by being too small is totally cartoonish. Love it. Perhaps it is pretty simple, but it totally fits. 

Thank you ! That is exactly what "wacky" means to me.

Just now, Charbel said:

Oh, it wasn't meant to you. I was speaking more generally.

I was just making sure. I do like it even if the wacky function is simple, it was meant to be.

5 minutes ago, Charbel said:

Family time :blush:

Is there anyone interested by building instructions ?

Wow! I envy your ability to keep two models together.

Just now, LvdH said:

Absolutely! I remember that car especially, I believe it's the one who always cheated in races :grin:. It really brings me back to my childhood. 

I keep all my models together :tongue: it costs a lot more and it limits how much I can build each year, but it's worth it. 

Ohh, so is that why some people don't like the car??

I wish, but my budget only goes toward sets. and it is about 3 sets a year / bulk and 2 sets.

2 hours ago, LvdH said:

Absolutely! I remember that car especially, I believe it's the one who always cheated in races :grin:. It really brings me back to my childhood. 

I keep all my models together :tongue: it costs a lot more and it limits how much I can build each year, but it's worth it. 

Yeah that is it, the car that was always cheating but never won a race  :laugh: :laugh:

Hopefully this model will cost you a bit less if you build it. 

1 hour ago, Charbel said:

Yeah that is it, the car that was always cheating but never won a race :laugh: :laugh:

Ha, Just like little Einstein's!

Wow, that is a very amazing coincidence!

Although I'm thinking it might not be possible to build them, as they have been built digitally, with some parts that don't exist...

But then again, you could just edit them into the photo...