36969157214_b5f9539342_b.jpg

So this my participation to the TC12. I was definitely not planning to participate but as I was looking for some ideas across Google Images, I saw the Mean Machine and instantly saw a possible use of the 42069 wheel arches. So it all started with these wheel arches and adapted the scale to it. I didn't had a lot of time to work on it though, the school is taking more and more time, and the only time available was the Friday nights and a few hours on the weekends. So I started with the cabin and then worked on the rear reactor. It took me quite a few tries to get the scale right and something that looks good. I manage to find a simple build with the mini panels. The wacky function was the hardest part of the whole build, I must have spent more than 10 hours to get it right. Anyways, I'm pretty happy with the final result. 

There is obviously propulsion and direction with a removable HoG.

So let me introduce you the wacky fonction : folding propellers to fly over the other participants :laugh: !

37421166790_bbfc491494_b.jpg

37008213623_a141f83805_b.jpg

37679424491_5fa03cae97_b.jpg

Instead of some complex explanations, I advise you to see the video to understand how it works. 

The chassis : 

37439219750_9b2426f1ed_b.jpg

More pictures : https://www.flickr.com/photos/143412814@N02/albums/72157686150911672

Edited by Charbel

Absolutely incredible!  The video looks professionally done. The intro was awesome. Using the fenders from the Porsche as side body panels is a really clever idea. The wacky fundtion; cool, but not my favorite part. 

BTW, what's up with most of the entries having terrible steering radi. 

It really represents Mean Machine. It could be official LEGO set :thumbup:

10 hours ago, aminnich said:

For a really tight steering radius you need a tricycle wheel arrangement, similar to my entry.

.A previous MOC I built of an old mobile crane had a turn radius equal to its length.

Edited by Doug72

This racer looks beautifully clean, smooth and cartoonish, and the video is executed perfectly. Very well done. I love the wacky concept that those small rotors can lift this rather larger machine!

I must say this is one of my favorite entries that I have seen. The design is very clean and sleek. That, combined with the color scheme throws this one over the top for me. Excellent work!

Wow! If Lego was ever going to make a Technic Wacky Racer set, this would be it! - it's just so amazing... :wub: 

Now I see why it was decided to have split voting...

It looks awesome, it captures the shapes of the original very well, it is built in nearly perfect way, using many interesting techniques, your videos are always joy to watch, but there is one little flaw IMO - it is re-creation of yet existing shape, another (perfect) scale-model. It seems to me, in comparison with other entries, that have mostly never-seen-before shapes. Please, do not misunderstand, I really like the model, but You just executed wackiness just in slightly different way than others contestants

I'm blown away.

This model has such a finished look about it, at least on par with the Claas or Porsche. A property that's enhanced by your clean videography.

Bravo.

Incredible work. From the functions down to the superb aesthetics and even the presentation of the video, this is definitely one of the best Technic creations I've ever seen.

THE (imo) Wacky Races icon in Lego and how! Absolutely gorgeous!

The purple, the looks, the wacky function and the tribute to the original show. Fantastic job.

Thanks you all for you comments ! I was definitely not expecting that much of interest. 

15 hours ago, aminnich said:

Yeah, that's true. But it was so hard to have a steering and the wacky function squeezed in that small place. 

4 hours ago, HorcikDesigns said:

but there is one little flaw IMO - it is re-creation of yet existing shape, another (perfect) scale-model. It seems to me, in comparison with other entries, that have mostly never-seen-before shapes. 

Yup, you're right and I knew it will be pointed out. But as I said, I wasn't planning to participate first. This contest gave me this idea and I tried to execute it, I'm not here for the win, I just want to share a creation. If some of you do not find it relevant for the contest, I can totally understand that. 

2 hours ago, schraubedrin said:

Bravo.

Merci !

@Charbel No, I am glad that you entered the contest (it would be shame if not). Contests are for fun, and one of the ways to achieve it, is growing number of awesome entries. :)

You have created beatiful and realistic Mean machine, but I'm afraid, that this was not the idea of contest.

This is not fun. This looks so good that you wonder whether any of the others have any chances left in the compo.

The only thing I find a bit less succesful is the wacky function. It feels a bit too simple for me. But for the rest, it looks awesome (and I don't know anything about the original). Some great parts usage (indeed, the wheel arch panels are wonderfully used here) and seeing this new color being used so well makes me want it even more.

Wonderful, and the chassis seems pretty intricate too. I love creations like this - modest scale, original, colorful, no wasted space. And your photography skills are very good as well.

Edited by Erik Leppen

2 hours ago, Jurss said:

... but I'm afraid, that this was not the idea of contest.

Then what was the idea of the contest?

4 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

This is not fun. This looks so good that you wonder whether any of the others have any chances left in the compo.

This is what I was thinking too. I saw the video on YouTube before it was posted here and my first thought was: Charbel is entering, we can all go home now :wink:.

Edited by Didumos69

27 minutes ago, Didumos69 said:

This is what I was thinking too. I saw the video on YouTube before it was posted here and my first thought was: Charbel is entering, we can all go home now :wink:.

+1, I have no chance with this in.