Scorch93

Dragons

Hey folks, long time no see.
(I hope this is the right section, sry, if not. :x  )

Well,I built some dragons some time ago and I wanted to share them with you. I would be very excited to know what you think about them. :)
I'll post them all here together and maybe, I'll add some in this thread in the near future. 
Well, I'd also be very glad, if you'd leave me a comment or some feedback. :)
Oh, there is to mention, the dragons belong to a selfmade story, or better said, a game, named "Die Neun Reiche", in english, "The Nine Kingdoms", which is a little bit like your GoH i guess, and is played in our german Lego Forum, called RogueBricks. 
My fraction, called "The iron Legion", which rules the "Kaiserreich Ironlands" and owns these dragons all along. :D
I hope this makes sense to you, if not, don'Ät hesitate to ask. :)

First Moc: The Fire Dragon
Story:
Well, Carundhir, der Geißelfürst, (leader of the fraction) tried to have a good relationship with the leaders of the bordering countries, for example with a very young kingdom, called Dragonia. Their fellow leader meant to create a map as welcoming present for their new an flowering friendship, but this was a promise that couldn't be hold by the youngster, because of spending his time otherwise. 
When the searching parties of the Kaiser spotted Benjamin of Wonneberg roaming the wilds. he decided to pay him a visit.
No one plays the Ironlands for a fool.

36774014326_a894d9db82_z.jpgUninvited Guests by Michael K., on Flickr

36128208724_ab531084a2_z.jpgDragon by Michael K., on Flickr

Second Moc: Departure
Story: The formerly Iron Legion could occupy the Kingdom of Saelester, 'cause their former rulers fell to pestilence.
The new gained territory shall now be cartographed and rebuilt. A dragonrider is sent by the Kaiser himself to gain information about the progress of his most faithfull members, which he has already sent out, to rebuild the land itself.

35754954722_f0418c8ec6_z.jpgDeparture by Michael K., on Flickr

36800085285_61115026e5_z.jpgDeparture_2 by Michael K., on Flickr

Third Moc: Finkregh, the Undead
Story: The undead dragon Finkregh, was once the ice dragon, that guarded the icy wilds of the Ironcrown Mountains. He was killed by a very brave warrior and his heart was never removed. 
One of the mages of the court searched this heart in order, to reinstall this mighty creature in the wilds and tame it to bring fear and agony upon their foes.

37024263153_dc5b587906_z.jpgFinkregh, the Undead by Michael K., on Flickr
37647350616_542c7ca340_z.jpgFinkregh, the Undead by Michael K., on Flickr

Second pic inc. :)

Kind regards,
Michael

Edited by Scorch93

These are really well-made dragons. I especially like the black one. Proud like a steed amongst puny humans. Very nice! The red one is also an excellent build. Just every proportion on it is right and makes it looks like a proper, classical dragon. Excellent work! :classic: The skeletal one is maybe the most elaborated of them all and has some really cool surface textures going on, but somehow I just like the fleshy ones more. Maybe its because of that rather weak skeletal dragon in Skyrim, who knows :wink:

Cool dragons! :thumbup:

I realise that the red one uses some Smaug parts, but it - and to a lesser degree the other two - remind me of LEGO's Nidhogg dragon (7017, below) from the Vikings range which is one of the dragons in my display collection.

7017-1.png

On 15.10.2017 at 2:39 AM, Littleworlds said:

These are really well-made dragons. I especially like the black one. Proud like a steed amongst puny humans. Very nice! The red one is also an excellent build. Just every proportion on it is right and makes it looks like a proper, classical dragon. Excellent work! :classic: The skeletal one is maybe the most elaborated of them all and has some really cool surface textures going on, but somehow I just like the fleshy ones more. Maybe its because of that rather weak skeletal dragon in Skyrim, who knows :wink:

Thank you very much, for your detailed feedback and I'm really glad you like it. ? I really need to make a picture, where the red dragon has it's wings spread out, cause this really makes him look fierce and strong. ?

On 17.10.2017 at 2:18 AM, AmperZand said:

Cool dragons! :thumbup:

I realise that the red one uses some Smaug parts, but it - and to a lesser degree the other two - remind me of LEGO's Nidhogg dragon (7017, below) from the Vikings range which is one of the dragons in my display collection.

7017-1.png

To be honest, these Viking dragons influenced me a lot. I also got some dragons in the finishing process which use some of those dragon parts of this viking series. Maybe I'll get them done in the next few weeks. ?

On 17.10.2017 at 2:46 AM, Vorkosigan said:

Really nice dragons, and a good variety of styles. Creative parts use too! 

Thank you, I'm glad you like them. ?

Kind regards,

Michael

Hi there.

For some time I've been really wanting to build a dragon, but never knew where to start or what bricks to use.

If you could help me out that'd be awesome.

Thanks!

T

Oh, and your build is amazing by the way!

1 hour ago, Tyndale said:

Hi there.

For some time I've been really wanting to build a dragon, but never knew where to start or what bricks to use.

If you could help me out that'd be awesome.

Thanks!

T

Oh, and your build is amazing by the way!

Hey there, I'm really delighted 'bout the fact, that you like my dragons. :D
I gotta admit, I also always wanted to have a dragon, bout I've never made it, to get one done. Until one day, I sat down and tried, and voilá, I did it first try ... almost. ;) :D
Sure, how can I assist you in building such a creature? 
I need to know, what you actually want. :)
Should it be rideable and in minifigscale, just like the black and red one, or should it include a lot of bionicle parts, to keep the parts of the dragon cheap, like the white one?

Kind regards,
Michael

The black dragon was my favorite. Grand, huge, majestic, and proud. I would like to build a dragon somewhat along those lines. Minifigscale and rideable, but also a decent size.

Thanks.