Spud The Viking

[COR-FB] Tomahawk Makers Longhouse

Small Licensed Artisan (Footprint: 512 studs) in Elizabethville

Spud has a place in his heart for tribal people, after all, he is descended from a clan spanning many centuries back in the Old World. With the new commission by @SilentWolf to build an artisan building in Elizabethville, Spud funded the local indigenous people to craft their own weapons. Spud recalled how his people's weapons were restricted back in history and this ended up in many Spud clan deaths. Although, the natives seem to be keen on using these axes for hunting wildlife on the plains. 

37020331453_0bfa7c28ce_z.jpg

As Spud inspected the new build he saw a native chopping wood. This would provide the shafts for the tomahawks.

37691163701_621169c3df_z.jpg

Alongside Spud was Marcus Blackburn, an expert in translating tribal tongues and local cultures. A very astute man educated in Corrington

37691165841_686a2f6bd7_z.jpg

Inside the longhouse was a man and woman working diligently. The woman carved the sticks from the barrel into smaller shafts to suit the shape and style of a tomahawk. The man fitted the axe blade onto the shaft. He will then use the grindstone to sharpen the blade. 

_____

P.S SilentWolf can I get a bonus for building a longhouse? :pir-tongue:

Edited by Spud The Viking

That tomahawk in process with the skate on the end is some seriously great part usage!  Neat build all arouind - the minifig posing and that grindstone are quite nice, and this is a topic we haven't seen before, if I'm not mistaken.  Well done! :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Garmadon said:

That tomahawk in process with the skate on the end is some seriously great part usage!  Neat build all arouind - the minifig posing and that grindstone are quite nice, and this is a topic we haven't seen before, if I'm not mistaken.  Well done! :thumbup:

Thanks, I had thought about the build for some time, allowing me to invent new usage for some parts!

A very original idea Spud. Like Garm said that is a very NPU of the skate. The longhouse itself is also well done and I like the way you've made the interior accessible. Also I don't think I've mentioned it before - but your sigfig is awesome!

3 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

A very original idea Spud. Like Garm said that is a very NPU of the skate. The longhouse itself is also well done and I like the way you've made the interior accessible. Also I don't think I've mentioned it before - but your sigfig is awesome!

Thanks, your feedback is very much appreciated! The figure is inspired from 18th Scottish officers, even although the kilt is 19th century it helps define the character. Also, the Lego tartan is used in the Clan Spud emblem.

Nice one! It's always nice to have an interior and I am glad those natives have started industrializing themselves :wink:

Making a longhouse in actual bricks is no easy feat, which is why I haven't tried it yet. However, you may have inspired me to add that to my list of builds to do. Great way to come up with an artisan that fits well into Elizabethville. The removable roof and walls is a great feature. I have to agree with the above comments that the ice skate was a nice piece usage and the minifigures are well posed. Great job and great story. I especially like that you have included a translator!

I like your initiative of helping indigenous people.:thumbup: The house is quite original, nice job!

22 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Nice one! It's always nice to have an interior and I am glad those natives have started industrializing themselves :wink:

45 minutes ago, Bodi said:

I like your initiative of helping indigenous people.:thumbup: The house is quite original, nice job!

Thanks! Us Corries believe in the preservation of indigenous people as much as possible!

2 hours ago, SilentWolf said:

Making a longhouse in actual bricks is no easy feat, which is why I haven't tried it yet. However, you may have inspired me to add that to my list of builds to do. Great way to come up with an artisan that fits well into Elizabethville. The removable roof and walls is a great feature. I have to agree with the above comments that the ice skate was a nice piece usage and the minifigures are well posed. Great job and great story. I especially like that you have included a translator!

Thank you, I'm glad you like it!

Great build Spud! It's a very unique idea, which really makes it nice. My only suggestion is I think you easily could have made it bigger, (assuming you have the parts) and the foliage could have been better. 

On 10/16/2017 at 11:12 AM, Spud The Viking said:

Thanks! Us Corries believe in the preservation of indigenous people as much as possible!

Count Mesabi would disagree....

2 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Great build Spud! It's a very unique idea, which really makes it nice. My only suggestion is I think you easily could have made it bigger, (assuming you have the parts) and the foliage could have been better. 

Count Mesabi would disagree....

Thanks for the comments, sir. I ran out of those 1x4 and 1x2 'wooden' bricks thus preventing me from making it any bigger/completing the sides. 

Shhhh... don't let them we are slowly going to force them onto a reserve soon!