Well.. I thought I'd get this finished a lot earlier... but like so many other things - looks like it's a last-weekend sprint to get this finished! 

Features:

• Little wheels at the front!
  • Big Wheels at the back!
  • Steering!
  • Evil face!
  • Gold hood ornament!
  • 188 cylinders of pure powah!
  • Turning circle yet to be measured!
  • Slicing mechanism to wipe the competition off the road!

800x600.jpg

800x884.jpg

Just need to work on the rest of the cabin, and film a video!

Well done:thumbup:

Keep the contest thrilling till the end :wink:

Regards

Leonard Goldstein

Edit: How do you manage the deflection of the structure? Some support wheels in the middle?

Edited by Leonard Goldstein

Wow, you managed to create a vehicle with a steering radius that's worse than 42070. But yeah, it is a bit of a stretch (yep). Let's hope that the race track doesn't have curves tighter than the Moon's orbit. Or height differences.

How long did it take to take that picture? It must have been quite a while before the light coming from the rear end of the vehicle arrived at the camera lens... But I would like to see a side view... of the front and rear part I mean... ;)

It will be interesting how to judge this as a racer though. I mean, people standing at the finish line will think you have already finished, while at the same time, people at the start line think you haven't even left off, because the back of the vehicle hasn't passed the starting line yet... Oh well, at least it's hard to overtake this thing.

Edited by Erik Leppen

Leonard: it does sag a little.. but good ol' technic beams and system plates keep it stiff.. nothing but the 4 wheels holding it up!

Erik:  :D

unfortunately, it's not as fast as I'd hoped... but the functionality is all there!

my engine block project started a year or so ago, but it sat on the (long) shelf, due to all my other building distractions (GBC!) but this competition was a good place to use it!

it's quite hypnotising to watch that many cylinders pulsating...

6 hours ago, Erik Leppen said:

It will be interesting how to judge this as a racer though. I mean, people standing at the finish line will think you have already finished, while at the same time, people at the start line think you haven't even left off, because the back of the vehicle hasn't passed the starting line yet... Oh well, at least it's hard to overtake this thing.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Made my day :thumbup:

2 hours ago, RohanBeckett said:

Leonard: it does sag a little.. but good ol' technic beams and system plates keep it stiff.. nothing but the 4 wheels holding it up!

Thanks! Maybe I can use this strategy for a low-boy I have in mind.

Regards

Leonard Goldstein

Really?!?!!! *huh* You're not just entering the Wacky Wheels contest, you're entering the ECO (Extremely Crazily Oversized) contest! :laugh:

Oh, and just to put 188 cylinders in perspective, it's like having the engines from 12 Bugatti Chirons, which (if it was possible to use all the power) would make it develop 17600 bhp, and have a 0-60mph acceleration of 0.2s, which would mean that the driver would pull almost 14G! :wacko:

Edited by mocbuild101

Oh, that seems so maneuverable... :D It would take hours to overtake another racer. :D (but I really like this idea! )

3 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

..., and have a 0-60mph acceleration of 0.2s, which would mean that the driver would pull almost 14G! :wacko:

Would it be possible to show, how you got this result? I think, but I am not sure, that the power of multiple engines and acceleration are not related this way. This amount of power would a least result in extremely heavy-duty drivetrain (not thinking about rotation limits e.g., in bearings), that would be too heavy. Even in Wacky universe.

2 hours ago, HorcikDesigns said:

Would it be possible to show, how you got this result?

I just divided the BC's acceleration time (2.4s) by how many times bigger this engine is than the BC's engine (12x), then I calculated the G's with a G-force calculator.

But I didn't really mean it as a proper comparison, I just wanted to show how ridiculously huge this engine is! :laugh:

Turning circle STILL not measured! not sure if it's possible!

But with some last minute work...  it's finished!

coupla more 

photos, before I post the rest, along with a hastily edited video!

View from the cabin...

800x504.jpg

We've made 1.5metres!

800x1098.jpg

Racer reporting for duty!

800x1067.jpg

only a little bit of sag! :)

800x609.jpg

This is a really cool idea and I like it very much. The design of the front end is great ... at the rear part the wheels do no fit so well in my opinion. Maybe you could find some rims that are as cool as the ones at the front?

Your problem could be: the podium is not big enough :grin:

Regards

Leonard Goldstein

Hello, I am laughing, it seem to a cartoon, this car is a good idea, but I do not see what the total engine capacity or the power of the engine
  !!!! :laugh:

Good work

To eliminate sag you need to shallow "king truss" along top of the engine block.

Video done! :)

and yes.. it can drive...

Leonard: Yeah.. originally it was going to be more of a stretch hotrod... but it evolved.. not 100% happy with the back... but considering the build of it was built over 3 evenings, I'm not too unhappy about how it all turned out... PS your entry is awesome! way more technical than mine! :)

Doug: it's a hotrod, not a girder bridge! ;)

It's awesome!

I'm just worried if someone decides to ram the engine, splitting the Strech into two :O

1 hour ago, MattL600 said:

It's awesome!

I'm just worried if someone decides to ram the engine, splitting the Strech into two :O

Or get stomped on !

Just now, MattL600 said:

Just realised, does the chassis bend?

:look:

19 hours ago, RohanBeckett said:

only a little bit of sag

6 hours ago, RohanBeckett said:

Leonard: Yeah.. originally it was going to be more of a stretch hotrod... but it evolved.. not 100% happy with the back... but considering the build of it was built over 3 evenings, I'm not too unhappy about how it all turned out... PS your entry is awesome! way more technical than mine! :)

Hi RohanBeckett,

wow, 3 evenings! That is quite fast. The Highflyer took me at least 3 weeks ...

And as I am a great fan of Power Functions: great to see that it can drive. I never expected that :wink:

Good luck for the contest.

Regards

Leonard Goldstein

Thanks for all the votes so far! :)

Did I mention that it is really.. really long.....  7yr old boy for scale! :laugh:

640x407.jpg

although all I got from him was "Dad.. make it go faster!!'

7 hours ago, RohanBeckett said:

"Dad.. make it go faster!!'

Well, you know what you have to do...put more cylinders! :classic: