Sign in to follow this  
Ayrlego

[COR] The Allcock Trading Company Offices, Jameston

Before leaving on his expedition Colonel Dirk Allcock came to the realisation that after almost two very successful years in New Terra, he needed full time staff to manage his many and varied investments. Thus he hired a small staff and charged them with the construction of a suitable office in the dockside area of Jameston.

His office manager is a man by the name of Samuel Woodruff, a very experienced accountant and book keeper from Belson. Leaving a major old world trading company for the colonies, Woodruff is at home anywhere he can compile neatly ordered lists then plan the growth of the numbers on those very lists. Not just a bookworm, he also has a keen sense of what constitutes a good and a bad investment. He is however, getting quite advanced in age. He plans to run Allcock's interests from Jameston. Thus a roaming manager was also required, someone not afraid to get their hands a little dirty travelling from one end of the brick seas to the other looking after the interests of the company. Somewhat unusually the man picked by Allcock for this job is actually a women. Little is known about Jessica Campbell. Able to comfortably blend into anything from a high society ball or a disreputable lowlife tavern, Campbell is not a women to take likely. Highly intelligent, proficient with blades and firearms, she has left a string of defeated enemies behind who under estimated her.

37670531091_70197e23b2_c.jpg

The pair can be seen here exiting the office. Campbell is to leave Jameston shortly on a secret mission for Allcock. Woodruff has dispatches to go out on the next Corlander ship to depart the settlement.

A small commerce for Jameston, this thread will double as a place I can list all the properties and ships licensed in my name in the EGS for my own reference. This is the first of hopefully a whole series of 20x20 modules that I am planning to try and add together to get a street scene of Jameston. My vision for Jameston at this stage is for a more colourful an vibrant settlement than the settlements I have previously worked on (Mooreton Bay being a lot of tans and Port Woodhouse being stucco or 'classic Lego pirate style')!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ships licensed

The Lady Jacqueline - Class 4

The Alexander Keith - Class 6

Properties licensed (Only includes properties licensed to Allcock personally eg. not ETTC/RSNP/Settlement or Faction properties)

The Captain's Daughter Tavern - Arlinsport - Small Artisan (+5DB)

Lavender Patch and Apiary - Arlinsport - Small Plantation (+5DB)

Cocoa Plantation - King's Harbour - Small Plantation (+5DB)

Quarry and Brickworks - Mooreton Bay - Medium Factory (+11DB)

The Corunna Tavern - Mooreton Bay - Medium Artisan (+10DB)

Banana Plantation - Mooreton Bay - Small Plantation (+5DB)

Matthew Sawkin's Residence - Mooreton Bay - Small Residence (+2DB)

Fishmonger's Stall - Mooreton Bay - Small Commerce (+5DB)

Abigail Park Barracks - Mooreton Bay - Medium Residence (+3DB)

The Yellow Mermaid Tavern - Mooreton Bay - Small Artisan (+5DB)

Militia Barracks - Mooreton Bay - Small Residence (+2DB)

Salt Pork Factory - Mooreton Bay - Medium Factory (+11DB)

Large Factory - Arlinsport - Large Factory (+16.5DB)

Large Factory - Mooreton Bay - Large Factory (+16.5DB)

Governor's Hall - Mooreton Bay - Small Residence (+2DB)

Allcock Residence - Arlinsport - Small Residence (+2DB)

Widow's Hattery - Stormhaven - Medium Artisan (+10DB)

Rice Fields - Mooreton Bay - Small Plantation (+5DB)

Department of Time Bell Tower - Mooreton Bay - Small Art and Culture (+5DB)

Small Residence - Weelond - Small Residence (+2DB)

Tavern - King's Port - Small Artisan (+5DB)

Widow's Hattery, Mooreton Bay Branch - Mooreton Bay - Medium Artisan (+10DB)

Crabber's Rock - Port Woodhouse - Small Commerce (+5DB)

Small Residence - Jameston - Small Residence (+2DB)

Tikal Temple - Myzectlan - Large Art and Culture (+40DB)

Potter's Workshop - Port Woodhouse - Small Artisan (+5DB)

Beer Garden - Trador - Small Artisan (+5DB)

Bayonet Course - Port Woodhouse - Small Educational (+6DB)

Sugar Plantation - Jameston - Small Plantation (+5DB)

Allcock Trading Company Office - Jameston - Small Commerce (+5DB)

Oktoberfest Street Festival - Weelond - Medium Artisan (+10DB)

Tailor's Shop - Jameston - Small Artisan (+5DB)

Barbershop - Jameston - Small Artisan (+5DB)

Twin Palms Inn - Mesabi Landing - Medium Artisan (+10DB)

The Lavender Inn - Jameston - Medium Artisan (+10DB)

Small Wharf - Jameston - Small Commerce (+5DB)

Chocolate Shop - Jameston - Medium Commerce (+10DB)

Seafood Stall - Port Woodhouse - Small Commerce (+5DB)

Fish Drying Plant - Jameston - Large Factory (+16.5DB)

Blackwood's Lodgings - Port Woodhouse - Medium Residence (+3DB)

Sugar Mill - Port Raleigh - Medium Factory (+11DB)

Dockyard - Jameston - Large Commerce (+15DB)

Lotii Residence - Port Raleigh - Medium Residence (+3DB)

Sugar Press - Jameston - Medium Factory (+11DB)

Wainwright - Jameston - Large Artisan (+15DB)

Merrynight Inn - Jameston - Large Artisan (+15DB)

Armoury - Spudkirk - Medium Artisan (+10DB)

Total Income:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I said on Flickr, I'll say again here; that yellow is stunning! I love the tiles around the edges, it gives a sturdy feel to the structure. Those tiny 'windows' are great too! Beautiful as always, sir!

Psst, is the 3044 supposed to be a 3048 in the right-hand side of the roof?

Very nice, clean building.  The minifigs though are really well selected and is what caught my eye.

Fantastic build @Ayrlego. Where do I start? The roof is great, and I like the little detail you did with the top floor windows, how the headlamps have a piece in them so they connect seamlessly to the roof. The Colouring and the contrast between the upper and lower floor is great. And the little details, like the ruffled pieces, making a line on the yellow part is fantastic. Only thing I would change is I think you should have used brown windows on the lower floor, rather than gray. And, my general comment about interiors. But overall, I love this build.

Keep it up you you Amazing Aussie Architect!

You're off to a great start for your vision of Jameston. :thumbup:  The yellow works great on this building, and combined with the medium flesh bricks (or whatever that color is called) creates a very attractive building color-wise. Architecturally interesting, too, with the "L" shape plan and microfig ornaments. Really a wonderful building, and one that I will likely copy in large part somewhere down the road. :pir-grin:

And on top of that you give us two new characters! Woodruff looks a lot like my Eslandolan banker, which probably fits his job for you. Campbell sounds like someone not to underestimate indeed! And I like that stern look on her face.

The turbans on the soldiers look a bit out of place for what I understand of Jameston. Is there a backstory for them as well?

8 hours ago, Spud The Viking said:

As I said on Flickr, I'll say again here; that yellow is stunning! I love the tiles around the edges, it gives a sturdy feel to the structure. Those tiny 'windows' are great too! Beautiful as always, sir!

Psst, is the 3044 supposed to be a 3048 in the right-hand side of the roof?

Thanks Spud! Yeah I ran out of 3048s and had to use a 3044 instead. I have another one coming in a BL order next week, so I will be able to replace it for the group shot whenever that happens!

6 hours ago, Kwatchi said:

Very nice, clean building.  The minifigs though are really well selected and is what caught my eye.

Thanks Kwatchi

5 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Fantastic build @Ayrlego. Where do I start? The roof is great, and I like the little detail you did with the top floor windows, how the headlamps have a piece in them so they connect seamlessly to the roof. The Colouring and the contrast between the upper and lower floor is great. And the little details, like the ruffled pieces, making a line on the yellow part is fantastic. Only thing I would change is I think you should have used brown windows on the lower floor, rather than gray. And, my general comment about interiors. But overall, I love this build.

Keep it up you you Amazing Aussie Architect!

Thanks Mesabi. Brown probably would have worked well. Also would have solved the shortage I have in those pieces in light bley for another build I'm working on!!

5 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

You're off to a great start for your vision of Jameston. :thumbup:  The yellow works great on this building, and combined with the medium flesh bricks (or whatever that color is called) creates a very attractive building color-wise. Architecturally interesting, too, with the "L" shape plan and microfig ornaments. Really a wonderful building, and one that I will likely copy in large part somewhere down the road. :pir-grin:

And on top of that you give us two new characters! Woodruff looks a lot like my Eslandolan banker, which probably fits his job for you. Campbell sounds like someone not to underestimate indeed! And I like that stern look on her face.

The turbans on the soldiers look a bit out of place for what I understand of Jameston. Is there a backstory for them as well?

Thanks Capt Wolf. The inspiration for Jameston's style in a large part is Weelond. Actually I'm working on a more colourful and significantly larger (than my entry last year) Oktoberfest entry for Weelond this year that I'm totally jealous already that I can't place in Jameston!!!! (I've just used the colour Lavender for the first time to make the façade of one of the buildings in the scene!)

I plan on both characters to be reoccurring, especially Campbell who is off to check up on the settlement of a certain rouge Corlander Count... ( @Mesabi!!) Well if I ever get to building it!

As to the turbans, they are ETTC Sepoys. Their backstory is here:

It went to the third page very quickly in this weeks rush of MRCA builds!

Great choice of color with the pastel yellow!  An excellent build as a whole, I'm definitely looking forward to more of Jameston! 

Another prettly little MOC from you - great work as usual. The colour choice is fantastic, and the small windows in the roof are a great idea.