Swan Dutchman

Barad-dûr [MOC]

Oh man this is frikkin awesome!!

Love how you've done the eye of Sauron. I have the Tower of Orthanc set and this blows it away!!

Fantastic job

Brilliant! I see a lot of great little details here. The glow works well too. I like the approach of limiting the scale to a baseplate.

I have been wanting to do a Barad-Dur mini scale since seeing an Orthanc mini scale that I built from looking at pictures online. So I wanted to build one to that scale. Mine will have to be smaller than this, but I can see taking away some good ideas here (with credit of course).

Keep up the great work. Always fun seeing microscale, LOTR, or both!

This is gorgeous, those two shots look fantastic, it really tricks the eye as is perceived as bigger, the amount of shapes, textures and forms truly bring it to realism. (Even if based on fantasy)

:sweet::thumbup:

The tower looks excellent. So gloomy and majestic, and very organically peeling itself out of the rocks. Its perfectly catching the image from the films. On top of that, the lava surrounding gives an excellent effect. Really enhances it. Now of course I'm curious how it looks like in darkened room! :classic:

Tremendous rendition of Barad-dur! The whole build looks like something you could buy in a model shop :thumbup: The various details of the tower itself, and how you incorporated it into the cliff at the back works great :classic: