LucByard

[MOC] YT-2700 'Break of Day'

My Freighter Wars entry.

I envisage the YT-2700 as a design brought in after the fall of the Empire in response to a rapid increase in trade (legitimate or otherwise) once the industry was free of Imperial regulation. The two large cargo holds opening up wider freight possibilities in terms of type and volume of cargo. The 2700 began to decline in popularity with the rise of the First Order. Galactic conflict made such a specific-role freighter less desirable than other multi-purpose models as it lacked flexibility but some remain in use.

The 'Break of Day' is owned and operated by Nix Vellon and Jeroh Saael, a couple who mostly ran charter consignments for the Republic. The destruction of the Hosnian System has left them at a loose end, unsure of their future.

23782397918_61c6791d37.jpg

36964499853_84182fdeba.jpg

36964499443_296c5edf66.jpg

23782397808_152dea578d.jpg

Thanks for looking. I don't dabble in Star Wars much (even though I'm a huge fan) so any feedback is appreciated.

Luc.

This looks great; you've done an amazing job of incorporating familiar YT design elements, while creating something that both looks "purposeful" and has its own visual style.

Also I really like how you've incorporated a lot of functionality and play features into the design.

Extremely aggressive and forward! The dual cargo hulls are quite novel, and those thrusters are pretty cool. It's also nice to see a creation utilize that older Millennium Falcon canopy piece, since it adds a rather unique look. :thumbup:

I've been watching this on Flickr with a lot of interest. Can you please post up more shots of the doors on the front? There were some other pics on your Flickr that made it seem like they roll down from the top and swing out and I was very curious what you had done there if so.

I like the big cargo pod idea, it seems very practical and would allow them to move larger items or onload/offload quicker. And the interior seems really well set up for a couple. Love the shaping of the cockpit with the big side pieces and the various greeble bits underneath. Nice to see your take on something SW since I've always enjoyed your scifi/AG stuff.

Edited by Kodan Black

Wow, amazing interior! The cockpit area and engines are fantastic, you should be proud of this one, possibly my favourite freighter that has been entered into the competition!

Kind regards, Ellis!

Lovely ship. An overpowered rustbucket that is just perfect for Star Wars.:classic: Quite unique, distinctive design. Especially the engines are amazing.

7 hours ago, Kodan Black said:

I've been watching this on Flickr with a lot of interest. Can you please post up more shots of the doors on the front? There were some other pics on your Flickr that made it seem like they roll down from the top and swing out and I was very curious what you had done there if so.

Now I don't have a deadline, I'll try to take a cross section that shows the mechanism but yes, the doors slide down and angle out with the front becoming the ramp walkway.

Excellent... I wasn't entirely sure but from a couple photos it looked like that is what was going on. Believe me I checked the various angles that you had up on Flickr.