Spud The Viking

[COR - mini Challenge October Fest] Conspicuous Brewery

When the barrel runs dry during Octoberfest those folks from Weelond can turn to desperate measures - moonshine!

In the cover of the night and in an abandoned warehouse, two pals set about brewing the liquid with a hired guard at the door. 

36932099444_fd3f0939a1_z.jpg

The fireplace heats the container full of squashed potatoes with the vapour travelling down the pipe and cooled. The process is repeated into the large barrel where the fake whisky is poured into other containers for consumption (or not, I've never made moonshine. Don't try this at home kids). The older man stokes the fireplace.

37384294430_1dbcd9b710_z.jpg

36932094144_1632f24ee4_z.jpg

"Keep on walking, pal"

A small build for the Annual Octoberfest mini-challenge. Now where's my 25 DBs? 

I'll probably license it as a small factory in Weelond

Edited by Spud The Viking

Excellent! These guys are getting into the spirit of things!

Very cool nighttime effect in that first image. :thumbup:

I planned on paying the 25 DBs after all entries were in, but if you're going to license it right away, I'll advance the 25DBs now. Let me know.

Just now, Capt Wolf said:

Excellent! These guys are getting into the spirit of things!

Very cool nighttime effect in that first image. :thumbup:

I planned on paying the 25 DBs after all entries were in, but if you're going to license it right away, I'll advance the 25DBs now. Let me know.

Thanks for the feedback! I can wait until payday :pir-sweet:

Ha! Great idea, well executed. The lantern dude at the door really gives this "There is nothing to see here, now move along if you know what's good for you!" feel.

But all those fine potatoes... for moonshine? What a waste! :pir-grin:

9 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

Ha! Great idea, well executed. The lantern dude at the door really gives this "There is nothing to see here, now move along if you know what's good for you!" feel.

But all those fine potatoes... for moonshine? What a waste! :pir-grin:

Cheers! If it were me in Corrington, I wouldn't throw away such valuable parcels of starch.

This is a very well done story build. I like the layout and posing of the figures. However, the highlight here is the great usage of light for the photos! You really captured the feel of a night event while making it still visible. Great job!

7 hours ago, SilentWolf said:

This is a very well done story build. I like the layout and posing of the figures. However, the highlight here is the great usage of light for the photos! You really captured the feel of a night event while making it still visible. Great job!

Thanks, Glad you like it!