Shadow_brick

10179 cockpit/tunnel mods

So any ideas on how to improve the tunnel and cockpit  on the old one? I sadly don’t have $800 to shell out:( so I’m modding my   10179, so what I’m looking for is a way to remove half of it to exspose the interior and have no big gaps in between panels. Thanks:)

Edited by Shadow_brick

I want to add the interior room also to mine.  The first step would be to narrow the center framework.  It is currently 8 studs across and can be brought down to 2 studs or even offset toward the cockpit side to give room for a room.  Then the bottom structure would need to be modified because the rooms are sunk down into them.

fixing gaps on the falcon is a trial and error thing adding plates where you think you can.

Rounding the top turret is also needed in my opinion.

However I do prefer the brick built cockpit over the molded piece.  Feels more lego to me.

Steve

4 hours ago, All in the Reflexes said:

Not sure at the moment but the tumbling prices of 10179 mean i might get one and mod it heavily to look like the new one, so this idea interests me greatly :)

Great, except I beat you to it:) thanks to a YouTuber that posted the instructions, in started work on it.

3 hours ago, choops1 said:

I want to add the interior room also to mine.  The first step would be to narrow the center framework.  It is currently 8 studs across and can be brought down to 2 studs or even offset toward the cockpit side to give room for a room.  Then the bottom structure would need to be modified because the rooms are sunk down into them.

fixing gaps on the falcon is a trial and error thing adding plates where you think you can.

Rounding the top turret is also needed in my opinion.

However I do prefer the brick built cockpit over the molded piece.  Feels more lego to me.

Steve

Top turret is a major problem on 10179... most likely I’ll make the new one.

There’s no way in hell im messing with the frame:)