Jim

[REVIEW OFFER] The LEGO Trains Book

Hi,

I have been sent a copy of the The LEGO Trains Book by the awesome people at No Starch Press. Is anyone interested in writing a review for this very nice book?

Sure, I wouldn't mind writing one! 

(In what timespan should it be posted?)

Even though I'm not that active here, so maybe somebody else is better qualified?

Let's wait another 24 hours or so and if someone else is responding I will do a raffle.

I don't mind that you are not that active, as long as you are enthusiastic about trains :wink: 

There is no fixed timespan or embargo or something, so within a couple of weeks would be fine.

I actually wrote a review which was posted just yesterday on Brick Model Railroader.

I found the book to be great! A rewrite was long overdue sine Jake McKees’s Getting Started With LEGO Trains from so long ago  Holger did an amazing job with all the information, pictures, and instructions  

I’d love to hear other people thoughts as well!

Glenn

I believe that there are already enough highly qualified applicants.

And I believe that Holger is one of the most recognized LEGO train enthusiasts, supporter, inventor, and builder - and even more importantly - knowledgeable person. The book says all.

When the timeframe is weeks, I am happy to provide some comments. It would be so motivating different form the reviews I am writing way too many times for journals dealing with ion-molecule chemistry:wink:

But again: @PeteM, Glenn, and @raised may be much more qualified!

Regards
Thorsten 

I'd love to do a review, I haven't done a lot of reviews though so I don't expect you to pick me. If I did happen to be sent it I would do my best to make a non-biased review and I have been collecting trains for awhile now across all systems.

Thanks for the opportunity,

-RailCo

9 hours ago, PeteM said:

I'd be interested, though I am 'overseas'...

That won't be a problem. 

7 hours ago, Rail Co said:

I'd love to do a review, I haven't done a lot of reviews though so I don't expect you to pick me. If I did happen to be sent it I would do my best to make a non-biased review and I have been collecting trains for awhile now across all systems.

As long as you take your time to try and write a proper review, I am perfectly fine with unexperienced reviewers :wink: 

I will conduct a raffle around noon. For now I have:

1. @raised
2. @PeteM
3. @Toastie
4. @Rail Co

17 hours ago, Jim said:

As long as you take your time to try and write a proper review, I am perfectly fine with unexperienced reviewers :wink:

Sounds good to me! Let us know who gets the honor of reviewing the book!

Thanks,

-RailCo

I totally forgot to conduct the raffle yesterday. Had a busy afternoon at work :tongue:

Here we go....mightly random.org...show me a number between 1 and 4....

The winner is 3

Congrats @ToastieApparently, the universe has chosen a train book review with ion-molecule chemistry :wink:

I will send you a PM, which already includes a link to a dropbox file with a bunch of images :thumbup:

PS Nice to see that there are lots of enthusiastic members in this forum. I will keep that in mind when (if) I get another train book :thumbup:

Just now, PeteM said:

Congratulations! Can't wait to read the review :)

@PeteM

You know what I like so much on EB? Feeling being within in a true "community". It means a lot to me.

9 hours ago, Toastie said:

You know what I like so much on EB? Feeling being within in a true "community". It means a lot to me.

I'm happy for you Toastie and I'm satisfied with the choice :classic:

9 hours ago, Toastie said:

That is exactly the spirit we like to see. That is why I love EB so much as well :thumbup:

23 minutes ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

I'm happy for you Toastie and I'm satisfied with the choice :classic:

He is The Chosen One :sweet: