Capn Frank

Boys wanting to Play with Their Toys

Oleanders just keep on wanting to keep bringing out more toys to play their silly game. :pir-grin:

Check out these traders.  They just keep bringing more and more ships out.

23775839888_47dca06b23_z.jpg

23775837358_319e3f0e3b_z.jpg

23775842388_a072718e09_z.jpg
I really have not idea how this toy xebec fit inside that toy box. :wacko:

23775844148_c24d7155f2_z.jpg
Look at this guy! He's got the largest ship of the bunch, and he still wants more.  These Oleanders are out of control.  It's a good thing I'm on their side. :pir-laugh:

Here's a shot of all four:
23775835408_d975068133_z.jpg

I worked hard to ensure each variety of micro ships didn't match and tried some other techniques I've seen on the board. 

C&C welcome and thanks for looking. :grin:

This is a great idea forthis kings of build. I first thought it was one build with different poses and micros. Instead you surprise me with 4 interconnecting sections! Great job on all the micro ships as well as the figure posing.

:pir-laugh:   Some of those ships must be inflatable or something, or they never would have fit in the treasure chests! :pir-grin:   Great micros, I like the idea of putting pistols on front for cannons! :thumbup: 

I'd figured the same thing as SilentWolf, but the four different sides connecting makes this way cooler! :pir-grin: :thumbup:  A very accurate portrayal of Oleon's naval affairs :laugh:  Some great micro-ships here, that admiral's flagship has got to be my favorite of the bunch - the checkered sides are excellent! 

Great MOC and a nice variety of micro (and not so micro) ships! I love them all! Power to the people Oleon! :grin:

So cool. I love all the scenes, but the best thing is that they work together as a bigger set so well. Really well done!

On 10/11/2017 at 6:24 AM, Kai NRG said:

Some of those ships must be inflatable or something, or they never would have fit in the treasure chests! :pir-grin: 

Mary Poppins provided the toy chests. It's a little known fact, that she's an Oleander. :pir-grin:

On 10/11/2017 at 9:02 AM, Garmadon said:

I'd figured the same thing as SilentWolf, but the four different sides connecting makes this way cooler! :pir-grin: :thumbup:

You can't see it, but I had added the useless play feature of having them spin on a turn table. The clear ball is supposed to be a disco ball. :pir_tong2:
How is that for cooler? :pir-laugh:

13 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

:pir-laugh:   Some of those ships must be inflatable or something, or they never would have fit in the treasure chests! :pir-grin:   Great micros, I like the idea of putting pistols on front for cannons! :thumbup: 

Not to rain on your parade or anything but........that is gun is the front mast I think. (I don't know the name for it)

Nice MOC BTW!

Edited by Hart New Bob

29 minutes ago, Hart New Bob said:

that is gun is the front mast I think. (I don't know the name for it)

Yes, the pistols are meant to be bowsprits.  :thumbup:
Thanks.

Just now, Phred said:

Thanks.

I thought so!  Also my favorite ship here is the third one.

10 hours ago, Phred said:

Thanks.

Well they look like cannons. :pir-laugh:  A brown pistol might look like a bowsprit, or whatever color the other mast is.

Phred, this build is genius. I love it. Great job on the microships (and I've been looking for examples to steal copy, so thanks!), and making the whole thing a carousel of the four scenes is marvelous! :thumbup:

A really cool and nicely surreal idea, visualizing their daydreams into their reality - and very well executed too. But... in reference to the thread-title: not only boys do :wink:

Clever idea.  Though it makes light of KB's penchant for building dreadnoughts (which does worry me a bit atm).

Edited by Kwatchi

Thanks for the complements. :pir-classic:

8 hours ago, Littleworlds said:

But... in reference to the thread-title: not only boys do :wink:

Noted.  :pir-wink:

9 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

I've been looking for examples to steal

Steal away! :thumbup:

On 13/10/2017 at 12:27 AM, Phred said:

Noted.  :pir-wink:

Ha! I just saw what you did! Now that's cool :laugh: :laugh:

Really cool build Phred, I like the four in one design, and I think I know who is the guy with the biggest ship.:grin: